You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 21, 2018 12:33 pm  #1

New obs

Yesterday I went to an event where prayer and healing takes place, when we were in prayer, I heard loud sobbing females both behind me and on the left side of the room. At the end, the person who was leading the prayer said "if you feel like hugging someone, feel free to go ahead". I turned and found a woman in her late 20´s mid 30´s seated with her eyes closed, wearing glasses and tear stained cheeks. I went to her and caressed her hair a couple of times, then wiped her tear streaks, she felt relaxed, she did not react at all, she never opened her eyes. This is not the first time I see her cry and am not close to her (not a close friend, just a sister in the community), but seeing her tear streaked face moved me to go and wipe her tears.

January 26, 2018 7:26 am  #2

Re: New obs

Wow! I am envious of your experience (and your courage). I'm pretty sure if I were in that environment, I would be so paralyzed by all of the lovely stimuli around me, not to mention by my own severe social anxiety, that I wouldn't be able to offer to touch anyone.

January 26, 2018 4:26 pm  #3

Dacrypticphile wrote:

Wow! I am envious of your experience (and your courage). I'm pretty sure if I were in that environment, I would be so paralyzed by all of the lovely stimuli around me, not to mention by my own severe social anxiety, that I wouldn't be able to offer to touch anyone.

I second that. I've missed observations in the past because I was too embarrassed to look.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

January 27, 2018 3:29 pm  #4

At least in my country, wiping another person´s tears is seen as being a sweet gentleman, so no worries of doing so for any girl . I encourage you to go ahead and don´t be shy (unless it is illegal in your country) and be a gentleman. Hope to read some obs from your end, long time a tear drought in the site. Have a wonderful weekend.

Board footera