You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 8, 2018 12:52 am  #1

Obs updates

I've mentioned that I've been crying fairly frequently lately due to some stress/anxiety, and also just that I seem to be more emotional than I was when I was younger - whether it's hormonal/physical changes or simple comfort level with my husband, I don't know, but I find it easy and cathartic to cry with him in a way that I never have with anyone else. He really is perfect for me...

I had a bit of a breakdown a week ago. We were in the parked car, and I was sobbing hysterically - huge lip curl, loud sobs and gasps, doubled over with my head in my hands. When I'd calmed down a bit, I had a thought to take a video, but once I started concentrating on that, I couldn't cry anymore. It's a shame, really, because I was sobbing harder than I have in a long time.

This morning, I started to open a stairwell door at work, but realized I'd forgotten something in my office. I turned to walk back into the hallway, but not before I'd peeked through the window in the door. A young woman (stranger, maybe 20 or 21) was sitting on the landing against the wall, her head in her hands, sobbing. It was awkward, actually, because she heard me start to turn the handle, so she looked up and saw me walking away. I hope she didn't think I was walking away so as to avoid her - this was not the case, and I sort of wished I'd had the opportunity to ask her if she was okay, etc., but by the time she'd seen me, it was way too awkward to change my mind again and open the door. What I did see, though, was her tear-streaked face and a huge lip curl and she turned toward me. I can only imagine the sound of her sobs echoing in the stairwell...

My husband teared up last week during an emotional conversation. We'd come to an agreement about something, and he was telling me how much he appreciated a certain aspect of our relationship. As he said this, his voice wavered, his chin quivered, and his eyes filled with tears. He stared intently at me, pulled me close to him, and let a tear trickle from his eye as he spoke directly and intimately to me. We kissed a bit and continued our conversation.

February 8, 2018 1:52 pm  #2

Re: Obs updates

Might not be a great idea to record if you're crying from any major issues. Still, if you do want to record it might be a good idea to keep something ready beforehand. You can maybe even ask your husband to record.

You mentioned "big lip curls" in both your and the other girls observations. Were they big as in they were particularly bulgy or stick-outy?

Ugly crying is pretty crying

February 8, 2018 9:50 pm  #3

I wouldn't say I'm crying from major issues. Just really overworked right now and feeling overwhelmed. That one night, it was a combination of a lot of work to do, getting over a cold, and a sudden change in plans that took away even more of my pre-planned time to finish all of my work. But I didn't think to record until it was too late. I'll try to remember to have my husband record next time I'm sobbing in front of him.

I also want to record his crying, but I never do because 1. I don't usually think of it, 2. I don't want to seem insensitive, even though I know he would love to record for me, and 3. it feels as though I would be missing the actual comforting experience if I were sitting there filming.

My lip curl was a bit of a bulge, but more distorted than sticking out. The other girl's lips were pulled tightly back, not bulging, but it was still an expression I enjoyed/think you might have appreciated.

February 8, 2018 10:52 pm  #4

I'm guessjngyour huaband might also prefer to comfort than film However, as a dacryphiliac it does sound cool for you to have a mutual agreement to film each other's vulnerable moments. It would also eliminate the need to do it yourself. Having filmed myself crying I know it distracts you from the moment.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

February 9, 2018 5:22 am  #5

Enjoy your obs always, Carrot.

"Bless me now with your fierce tears..."

Board footera