You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 8, 2018 11:17 pm  #1

Comforting and crying

Just some questions about comforting and crying

1.How often do you cry?
2.When it comes to crying yourself, how would you like to be comforted?
3.And how would you comfort the sex of your preference?
4.How would you describe your own crying?
5.Whats your favourite type of crying to witness? By this I mean the way someone cries.
6.What is the most beautiful experience of these that you have?
7.What is your favourite place to comfort someone and/or to be comforted yourself?
8.What kind of person do you prefer to cry? Stoic, sensitive etc?

Well, since I still have to share a bit more about myself when it comes to my interests, I will answer them now. Enjoy reading it .

How often do you cry?
Sorry to all the female crying lovers, but I'm not really a crier myself. I do cry, but only when the situation is bad enough. Although I do cry sometimes over a movie or a tv show. I do have to say that I'm quite picky when it comes to whom I cry to. I really hate crying in front of my parents, and I avoid that at all costs. But I guess that whenever I trust someone completely, I'm able to do so.
Sounds weird huh?  So I guess I cry about 5 times a year, more or less ( aside from the movie/tv thing)

When it comes to crying yourself, how would you like to be comforted?

Well, since I'm into guys comforting me, I'd really appreciate it if he would hug me, rubbing my back and shoulders and petting my hair, and to just simply let me cry against his chest. If he would say things like 'shhhhh', 'I'm here', 'there there' or 'just cry it all out' then that's a huge plus for me. I don't know why, but there's something about a guy saying these kinds of things that I find really special . To me it shows that he is okay with this emotion, and doesn't judge it.

How would you comfort the sex of your preference?

Given that I know the guy, I would probably just simply hold him. While doing so I would try to find out what he really needs at that moment. Does he want me to rub his back? Okay, then I'll do it. Does he want me not to say anything? Okay, I'll be quietly listening to whatever he wants to say. But in general it would be the same as I would like to be comforted, it just depends on his needs. And I would respect his needs at all times.

How would you describe your own crying?
I'm really skilled at silent crying, which is what U do most of the time. I do sob, but it's more a heaving of the chest and shaking shoulders than sound. If however the situation is bad enough, I can be a bit louder.

Whats your favourite type of crying to witness? By this I mean the way someone cries.

I like it when a guy dares to openly cry in front of me, sobbing and all. Not trying to hide the fact that he is crying. I don't mind however if he's covering his eyes, because I too do that myself. I just love it when a guy dares to be vulnerable in front of me.

What is the most beautiful experience of these that you have?

There are a few. I will post an obs from some of these some time soon when I have recalled them properly.

I remember seeing a young male doctor crying once. I found it simply beautiful to see that they too have feelings, and their job can sometimes be too overwhelming.

Also, the first time my H cried in front of me was very special to me. 

I will share some of these in obs' soon, once I have recalled them properly.

What is your favourite place to comfort someone and/or to be comforted yourself?

I've comforted some friends of mine in the car, on the couch and in church. I'll have to say for me I don't really have a preference. Same as for me being comforted. It just happens when it happens. Although it would be great if it weren't in public for myself though. I really hate crying in public. But sometimes it cannot be avoided eh.

What kind of person do you prefer to cry? Stoic, sensitive etc?

I really like both in their own way.
For the stoic type I find it really sweet when a guy, who's normally really stoic and always there for everyone, starts breaking down when he can't keep it in anymore. Because then I know that whatever the reason is must be rough enough for him to break down.

But I really like it when a guy is both. Both stoic and sensitive. That he is in touch with his emotions.

So how about you?

A million dreams is all it's gonna take

March 9, 2018 12:46 am  #2

Re: Comforting and crying

1. I cry more than I used to. I used to cry maybe four or five times a year, and just a few tears. Lately, I've been tearing up much more frequently and sobbing multiple times a month. Yes, I've been really stressed lately, but I also think it's a matter of feeling very comfortable around my husband and wanting to share my emotions with him.

2. I like to be held. My husband puts his arms around me, kisses my face, whispers comforting things. It's very intimate.

3. I hold him, too. He usually puts his head on my chest, or if we're in a different position, sometimes I'll hug him and lie sort of on top of him. But I call him pet names, whisper his name, stroke his face, wipe his tears.

4. When I sob, it's rapid-fire sobs sometimes, with a moderate lip curl and plenty of tears. My body gets very tense when I cry, and often I will just sit there unable to inhale or exhale for several seconds before taking a shaky breath. It's usually pretty quiet - not silent, just breathy instead of voiced, unless I'm really sobbing hard.

5. I like hard sobbing, with shaking shoulders, lack of breath control, heaving stomach. Especially in videos. In person, I like all types of crying, and even teary eyes get me aroused. But I still love sobbing in person.

6. I've posted lots of observations here, but my three favorites have been with my husband - once while we were camping, once on our couch after an argument, and once when we were very emotional the day after our wedding. I especially like when we've both been crying, because it often leads to very intimate sex.

7. In bed. The couch is fine, too, but it's much easier to really hold someone in bed. But really anywhere where it's just the two of us.

8. I do like both -- there's something great about a stoic guy breaking down. But I love that my husband is sensitive, because there's so much emotional intimacy between us (and he tears up/cries fairly often).

March 9, 2018 11:54 am  #3

Carrotcake,my H is pretty sensitive as well except that he does everything to prevent crying. It's not that he doesn't trust me, it's got to do with his upbringing. But I'm patient, and the times that he does cry are really precious to me

March 9, 2018 2:25 pm  #4

1.How often do you cry?
It varies, some times almost a year without crying, sometimes twice a month, in average I would say once every several months.
I like when my wife hugs me while I’m crying, but I really love when she wipes my tears.
If it is my wife, she asks for a firm hug, when the hug is broken, I kiss some of her tears, wipe other, caress her hair and face, tell her I will always be there to support her and wipe her tears, and when the crying subsides, I wipe the remaining tears as well as the streaks left, so no trace or crying remains. If it is a friend, the hug is not as firm nor long, and verbally not as intimate.
It depends of the intensity, sometimes I cry silently with tears on my eyes, not falling, sometimes I get a lump in my throat and a few tears overflow my eyes, which sometimes I wipe before they start to fall, other times I wipe them from my cheeks and other times I allow them to course their way unheeded.
Rarely do I sob, and when I do, it’s not loud.
5.Whats your favourite type of crying to witness? By this I mean the way someone cries.
Definitely unchecked tears, if the body is trembling I like to feel it, I like feeling a beautiful girl sobbing in my arms.
The one I described in an obs, long story short, my then gf asked me to stay with her and started crying, unchecked tears streaming down her face, she threw herself in my arms sobbing, I have the picture of her face in my mind, when she broke the hug and looked up at me, her face had several tear streaks mixed with mascara, so I could easily see the way her tears had taken. I gently wiped her tear stained cheeks and told her I would stay to take care of her.
7.What is your favourite place to comfort someone and/or to be comforted yourself?
I can comfort anywhere, but I have never cried in public in my adult life.
It doesn’t matter that much, though I get a thrill when a girl I have never seen crying starts to cry.

March 9, 2018 5:33 pm  #5

@Unicorn, the question I always ask, are you a lip curler?

Ugly crying is pretty crying

March 9, 2018 6:49 pm  #6

TorNorth wrote:

@Unicorn, the question I always ask, are you a lip curler?

No I'm not. Sorry

May 29, 2020 3:45 pm  #7

Unicorn wrote:

There are a few. I will post an obs from some of these some time soon when I have recalled them properly.

I remember seeing a young male doctor crying once. I found it simply beautiful to see that they too have feelings, and their job can sometimes be too overwhelming.

Also, the first time my H cried in front of me was very special to me. 

I will share some of these in obs' soon, once I have recalled them properly.

What is your favourite place to comfort someone and/or to be comforted yourself?

I've comforted some friends of mine in the car, on the couch and in church. I'll have to say for me I don't really have a preference. Same as for me being comforted. It just happens when it happens. Although it would be great if it weren't in public for myself though. I really hate crying in public. But sometimes it cannot be avoided eh.

Assuming it's ok with you, would you share your first times, the first time you cried in front of your H and the first time he cried in front of you?

Have a wonderful weekend.

May 30, 2020 4:44 am  #8

1.  I usually cry 1x a month. Like sobbing loudly. I tear up and May be have a few quiet tears run down my cheeks a few times a month.

2. I would love to be comforted by my husband giving me along hug then looking deeply into my eyes when we pull away and wiping my tears. Then letting me rest my head on his shoulder for the remaining quieter sobs.

3. I would prefer to comfort my husband in the same way as would I any male friend of mine.

4. My sobbing is usually loud with a pronounced lip curl shaking shoulders and heaving chest/belly and all.

5. I'd love to see a tough guy break down and go full on sobbing looking to me for comfort. I'd love to see unchecked tears falling from the outer corner of the eyes as well.

6. I haven't had many of these experiences to really have a favorite. I did write a few obs of the few rare experiences that I was a part of.

7. I prefer to comfort and be comforted when just the 2 of us are alone. Preferably in the house to avoid lack of embarrassment for myself or anyone I am comforting. It's easier to be more real/raw with your emotions when you're not worried about what others think or that other people are watching/aware of what's going on.

8. I like both the stoic and sensitive.  If the stoic person cries you know they must really trust you and it's an unbelievable amount of trust and intimacy. The sensitive person would be more open to comforting imo and would give you more obs.

May 30, 2020 7:58 am  #9

1.How often do you cry?

Twice since I was 11. I'm 35 now.

I don't like to be comforted

Holder her face up towards me, slowly wiping her tears while also watching her expression. Hugging afterwards.

Intense when it happens. Sobbing silently, tears flowing, lip curled. I find I've become more emotional since my daughter was born. I often tear up during movies nowadays.

Hard sobs. Face uncovered. Bottom lip bulged out.

At an uncle's wedding during childhood. Several women were crying, including the bride. All were lip curling. One of them especially had a very prominent curl. I remember she was just staring at the bride with her lip bulging out.

On the bed, no question

Definitely the confident, assertive type.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

May 30, 2020 3:11 pm  #10

How often do you cry?
Honestly, I'm not that emotional a person.  So not very often

When it comes to crying yourself, how would you like to be comforted?
Maybe a hug.  I don't know, I don't cry in front of people that often.

And how would you comfort the sex of your preference?
Hugging them, wiping their tears, telling them they're going to be okay (if applicable)

How would you describe your own crying?
Lips upturned, tears rolling down cheeks, sometimes sobbing a little, other times I'm quiet.

Whats your favourite type of crying to witness? By this I mean the way someone cries.
The eyes are everything.  She's completely tearing up, her tears fall unchecked to her chin and drip off.  Her chin quivers, her mouth is open or her lips bulging/upturned.  Sobs.  

My friend who used to cry in front of me, often had all the above traits.  She knew about my dacryphilia and got comforted by me in exchange for letting me see her at her "worst".

Anywhere private.  I'd like it to be our moment.

What kind of person do you prefer to cry? Stoic, sensitive etc?
Tough call.  Sensitives are more likely to do the crying I like above, but a stoic person crying is so much more rare, making it more beautiful in a sense.

Board footera