You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 11, 2018 4:27 am  #1

I love crying when I’m embarrassed (part 2)

Hello! Earlier I posted about how I cried from embarrassment when my Aunt Emily made me wear a winter coat and winter boots to school in September. This is the next part of my crying journey.

I’ve always been someone who cares a lot about their appearance, it’s vain I know but I can’t help it. So when I moved in with Aunt Emily and she began controlling how I dress, it certainly wasn’t very fun or easy for me. My walks to school only got more and more embarrassing over time, because as the weather got colder Aunt Emily made me wear more and more winter clothes. Not to mention that she still walked me to and from school every morning which only added to my embarrassment as I was the only student who wasn’t allowed to walk to school on their own.

One morning in late October my Aunt was getting me ready to walk to school. By this point, in addition to my long down coat and winter boots, I also had to wear a fur hat with ear flaps, gloves, and my hood pulled up every time I went outside. That morning Aunt Emily decided that wasn’t enough. Instead of my regular coat, she gave me a one piece snow suit to wear. As mortified as I was to wear that to school, I had no choice but to listen to Aunt Emily. After I got the snow suit and my winter boots on, my aunt got my regular winter coat out and pulled it on over my snow suit. She zipped it up and then put both the snow suit’s and the coat’s hoods up over my hat. Before I could even say anything she wrapped a long scarf around the outside of my hoods until only my eyes were showing. “Now you’re dressed for the weather,” she’s said as we left her apartment and walked to school. I tried to control my crying but I could t the second I stepped outside. That day I got laughed at when I got to school which only made me cry more.

May 11, 2018 4:35 am  #2

Re: I love crying when I’m embarrassed (part 2)

I can understand how adults act sometimes, you mention you got laughed at, did anyone console you when you started crying harder?

May 11, 2018 4:39 am  #3

Amans lacrimae wrote:

I can understand how adults act sometimes, you mention you got laughed at, did anyone console you when you started crying harder?

No, no one consoled me. A bunch of the “popular” girls watched me getting winter clothes back on after school and laughed at me. Aunt Emily told me I had to wear everything exactly like I did in the morning so getting dressed was very embarrassing. I was crying by the time I got my snow suit on, which only made them laugh at me even harder.

May 11, 2018 4:51 am  #4

Annalise wrote:

No, no one consoled me. A bunch of the “popular” girls watched me getting winter clothes back on after school and laughed at me. Aunt Emily told me I had to wear everything exactly like I did in the morning so getting dressed was very embarrassing. I was crying by the time I got my snow suit on, which only made them laugh at me even harder.

After noticing nobody was kind, did you wipe your tears, or allowed them to fall unchecked?
Would you have liked someone comforting you in any way, hug, kind words, wipe your tears?

Last edited by Amans lacrimae (May 11, 2018 2:40 pm)

May 17, 2018 5:55 am  #5

Amans lacrimae wrote:

Annalise wrote:

After noticing nobody was kind, did you wipe your tears, or allowed them to fall unchecked?
Would you have liked someone comforting you in any way, hug, kind words, wipe your tears?

I think in that particular instance I wiped some on my coat sleeve and let the others roll on to the collar of the coat. It would have been comforting if not everyone was being mean.

Board footera