You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 18, 2018 9:20 pm  #11

Re: Crying database idea

Updated for A Quiet Place and Hereditary. Awesome films by the way, if you're into horror. Male crying fans will enjoy Hereditary.

There are some categories that I'm not sure we need. Release Year can be covered in Media Name eg A Quiet Place (2018). Tears Quantity can be covered in Tears on Cheeks - so if there are 3 tear drops then we can put - Yes (x3) etc.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

June 19, 2018 12:58 pm  #12

Thanks, TorNorth! Are we going to put the links on the spreadsheet as well? That would make it so much easier - sort, then click link. Note: I wrapped the text in the headers, so that we do not need to scroll over to see the links - you should be able to see the link column now on the whole page.

June 19, 2018 2:05 pm  #13

Thanks missyjdma I wasn't sure how to do that, but this makes things a lot easier. I can of course see the link column, but I've got nothing to put there for these unless you want the imdb page.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

June 21, 2018 4:21 pm  #14

This is a great idea.  Being a list nerd, I already keep a spreadsheet of male crying scenes and it has hundreds of entries, which I'd be happy to add. 
Two ideas:
1.  Perhaps names should be added last-name-first and alphabetized (e.g. Blanchett, Cate).  As the list grows, this will become important.  
2.  What about having separate databases for male and female scenes? 

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

June 27, 2018 11:10 pm  #15

Hey guys! Great to see some further interest in this since I first set it up. 

Squonk wrote:

Two ideas:
1.  Perhaps names should be added last-name-first and alphabetized (e.g. Blanchett, Cate).  As the list grows, this will become important.  
2.  What about having separate databases for male and female scenes? 

1. I don't mind too much, either way it's easy enough to filter or sort how you want.
2. This could be useful as I'm sure many of us are only interested in one or the other.

This got me thinking a couple of things to mention, I think you can use the 'filter views' thing to customise a view thats just for you, rather than having it change the sheet for everyone. It's separate to the current filters.
Another idea I had was an actor/actress lookup sheet with info like age, hair colour or whatever really, just stuff to help sort for your specific tastes. It might be way too much work for the time being though.

I'll hopefully try to add some more to this at the weekend if I have time!

June 28, 2018 1:27 am  #16

Because my male crying database is so massive and because there was a message of support for separating databases by gender, I'm going to go ahead and put it up. I copied the format of the first database.  So far it  just has the basics of actor, title and episode number entered.  Open for all to see or add to:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PgGzanbSCpItRDN_jWUlNZGDbrP6Ag9dd4iDruK258E/edit?usp=sharing

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

Board footera