You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 9, 2012 7:38 pm  #1

Observations

Okay, I'll post the really silly one first: 

There's an employee at a local food store that I for some reason find EXTREMELY attractive, despite not knowing anything about him. I've always wondered what he'd look like crying. Yesterday, when I went into the store, his register was open, so of course I headed over . I think he probably had a cold or really bad allergies, but his face and eyes were red and puffy, and his eyes were watering quite a bit. He also kept sniffling, but his nose wasn't running visibly. His voice sounded very stuffy. Anyway, he most likely hadn't actually been crying, but now I can imagine what he'd look like if he were to. 

Anyway! So, the next one was at the movies recently. There was a man in the row below me and sitting several seats over, so I had a moderately good side view of his face. At one point, I heard sniffing noises, so I looked over at him, and he was wiping his eyes. His girlfriend sort of smiled and put her hand on his knee, and she was also tearing up. I saw a couple of harder sniffs/inhales, suggesting that he was trying to hold in his tears. It was cute.

I also have a self-crying observation. Last week, I was feeling extremely anxious and upset about several crappy things going on in my life. My boyfriend and I were lying in bed one morning, about to get up, and I was really overwhelmed and couldn't hold it in anymore. I rolled over into his arms and sobbed for about ten minutes. It was quiet sobbing, with lots of breath-catching and sniffling. Tons of tears streamed down my face and into his shirt/neck. I also talked through my tears about what was bothering me, and he held me tightly and caressed the back of my head as I cried into his shoulder.

And finally, one boyfriend observation: he was out of town last weekend, and some stressful things happened at home that I was telling him about on the phone. I cried just a little on the phone, but I was trying not to do it too much, since I didn't want him to feel bad about being out of town (it was work-related). There was a long pause on the end of the phone, and then he said, "I'm so sorry you have to go through any of this. I wish I were home." His voice was shaking quite a bit as he said this. A couple of days later, he was joking to me that I probably wished he had cried in front of me instead of over the phone, and he told me that he'd probably shed about 5-10 tears during that part of the conversation.

Those are my recent observations!

April 9, 2012 9:15 pm  #2

Re: Observations

Awesome observations!

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

April 10, 2012 12:56 am  #3

Thanks, meantangerine! I was surprised that I had so many observations in just the past couple of weeks.

April 10, 2012 6:52 pm  #4

Your own crying obs' are always such a tease carrotcake. I wish you were looking in the mirror at the time, so I could read more details of your expression.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

April 10, 2012 7:41 pm  #5

Wow carrotcake I love your self obs - being a tear fan it's wonderful to hear about tears streaming down your face and landing on your boyfriend - means you let your tears fall from your eyes unchecked - amazing!

Regarding your food store guy with the cold I had something similar a few weeks back - the store near my work that I sometimes get my lunch from has the most stunning beautiful woman serving I've seen for quite some time. Perfect eyes and skin and I often wish I could see tears rolling down her cheeks. Like your obs she must have had a bit of a cold and she was using a tissue to gently wipe her nose - from a distance it look like she might be crying - I felt my knee's go weak!! I was not served by her (unfortunately) but the till next to her - stole a look and was so disappointed not to see any tears (even cold related) in her eyes.

April 10, 2012 10:17 pm  #6

I loved all your observations thanks for sharing, these were great!

April 11, 2012 12:23 am  #7

Thanks, raindance! TorNorth, I know, I should look in the mirror one time! I was too wrapped up in being upset this time, but next time I cry over a movie or something, I'll be sure to look. I'm curious, too, myself.

And tearhunter, there were definitely tears running unchecked down my face. I had my arms around my boyfriend, so all the tears were just falling, and some probably spilled down my face and onto my neck when I sat up. In fact, I do remember specifically that several days ago, I shed a few tears, and I felt three or four splash onto my neck and chest. I distinctly remember wiping them off of my chest after a minute or so.

April 11, 2012 6:39 pm  #8

Carrotcake you certainly know how to turn a tear fan on!   

I love it when women allows tears to fall and ultimately become soaked from their own tears - hot hot hot !!
Tears that go on a journey that's not just confined to their face really do it for me.

Experience of seeing my wife cry like this tells me that the tears have to be big drops to be able to last the distance - or tears have to run down the same tracks multiple times. Was it tear size or volume for you?
My wife's tears have rolled between her breasts before which I have had the pleasure of kissing away (must have told you that one a hundred times) - dare I ask how far your tears reached  - you don't have to answer if you don't want to - I'm just building a nice picture in my mind 

April 11, 2012 10:15 pm  #9

Well, I seem to recall only one tear at a time splashing onto my chest, so I'd guess it was the size of the tears that was allowing them to fall that far. I believe these tears only made it down to my neck/upper chest area, but I can recall other times in which volume of tears has caused them to trickle a bit farther down. 

I know this won't do much for you, since he's a man, but when my boyfriend cries, his tears tend to SOAK the side of his hair, since he tends to lie on his side on the pillow or my chest. That is really hot for me because the soaked hair really highlights the volume of his tears and how much he's been crying.

April 12, 2012 8:51 am  #10

carrotcake wrote:

A couple of days later, he was joking to me that I probably wished he had cried in front of me instead of over the phone...

So he knows about it? Is he weirded out by it?

Board footera