You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 9, 2019 1:26 pm  #1

Question for the crying people of cryinglovers

Have you ever cried when you had chapped lips, and the crying made your lips bleed?

Ugly crying is pretty crying

February 9, 2019 1:43 pm  #2

Re: Question for the crying people of cryinglovers

No

February 9, 2019 6:16 pm  #3

Has never happened to me.

February 10, 2019 6:38 am  #4

No

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

February 10, 2019 12:10 pm  #5

I guess i did, they got more swollen than when they're fine. it looked like a botox injection but they didn't bleed.

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

February 10, 2019 4:43 pm  #6

Yes. When I was in labor (labour?) the obstetrics nurses wouldn't let me drink any water and I hadn't applied any lip balm in 36 hours. While I was straining to push my kid's big head out, my lower lips split and it hurt. I cried afterward, and I think my lip was still bleeding a little at that time.

Also pregnancy-related, when I was at about 11-12 weeks I had intense nausea and was throwing up everything I ate or drank, so I had to go to the hospital to get some IV fluids and nausea medicine. When I got home, my lips were still chapped and again I had neglected to use lip balm. I crawled into bed and started to cry, and my lower lip bled, this time along the right side. This annoyed me even more and made me cry more. 

My wife doesn't get chapped lips, or even dry skin for that matter. She needs lip balm and moisturizer maybe 3-4 times a year. I've never seen her cry with chapped lips. I envy this kind of low-maintenance beauty.

February 11, 2019 12:24 am  #7

psychic_girl wrote:

I guess i did, they got more swollen than when they're fine. it looked like a botox injection but they didn't bleed.

I noticed there's an actual makeup fad surrounding the post-crying lip look lol

February 11, 2019 12:34 am  #8

truffle wrote:

Yes. When I was in labor (labour?) the obstetrics nurses wouldn't let me drink any water and I hadn't applied any lip balm in 36 hours. While I was straining to push my kid's big head out, my lower lips split and it hurt. I cried afterward, and I think my lip was still bleeding a little at that time.

Also pregnancy-related, when I was at about 11-12 weeks I had intense nausea and was throwing up everything I ate or drank, so I had to go to the hospital to get some IV fluids and nausea medicine. When I got home, my lips were still chapped and again I had neglected to use lip balm. I crawled into bed and started to cry, and my lower lip bled, this time along the right side. This annoyed me even more and made me cry more. 

My wife doesn't get chapped lips, or even dry skin for that matter. She needs lip balm and moisturizer maybe 3-4 times a year. I've never seen her cry with chapped lips. I envy this kind of low-maintenance beauty.

I find this sort of appealing, because it implies out of control crying, which IMO the best kind. I always wondered if some people, women especially, would consciously stop themselves from crying just to preserve their lips.

If I see a woman right after crying I'll examine her lips. If they look really chapped, it might potentially imply a lip curl. I especially look for a big crack in in the middle of a bottom lip. Once I saw a photo of a woman post-sob. She had a big red bruised-looking spot near the middle of her bottom lip. Either an uncer or she split her lip crying...

Btw, how's your wife's general lip size and shape?

February 21, 2019 2:48 am  #9

Her lips are on the thinner side. Think Kirsten Dunst.

Board footera