You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 30, 2012 5:57 am  #1

Changing up your crying fantasties.

So Iam wondering, does the same video clip or fantasy work for you everytime? For me it works for a week or two, and then I have to change the dialouge running in my head. I only need to change a sentence or location, and from that I can sometimes get another full month of .
"entertainment"

I like someone trying to hide their crying, so a few of mine have gone like this.

It's just us, in a car and we are talking, and the person turns their head away so I can't see their face. so I tell them thats it's ok, to look at me and tell me what is wrong.

At her birthday party, my friend runs into her bedroom and locks the door, everyone is trying to talk to her through the door but she tells them that the only person allowed in is me.

I go into the bathroom and see my friends shoes under the stall, they are crying we are the only people around and I have to talk them into coming out of the stall and talking to me.

Then I switch up the conversation, saying things like,
It's ok, I know your crying, or
Of course your crying it's normal,  or
It's ok, your upset, let yourself cry

So my question is, what kind of changes do you make, or do you use the same one over and over?  I can post more if anyone is interested. I can't wait to see what you guys think!

“...you know that a good, long session of weeping can often make you feel better, even if your circumstances have not changed one bit.”
― Lemony Snicket, The Bad Beginning

May 1, 2012 2:27 am  #2

Re: Changing up your crying fantasties.

Yeah, I definitely have to change fantasies and videos/sound effects. Especially with videos or sound effects, since they're exactly the same each time. In fact, if I watch the same video a few days in a row, it starts to seem a bit disconcerting and sometimes a little annoying because I can predict the exact pattern of the sobbing, the exact shape of the mouth, etc. It loses excitement and spontaneity, At least for a couple of weeks.

May 1, 2012 3:24 am  #3

I've had the car fantasy!  I guess I like the fact that the space is small and they're kind of trapped with you (I need the car parked and secluded for privacy, though).  But my most regular fantasies have taken place in ordinary hotel rooms or houses.

Sorry I can't really answer the main question of this post (I don't try to actively fantasize anymore, although my mind does drift off anyway whether I want it to or not), so I don't even remember what I would have done to change things up, but I think some of my fave lines (from the guy) in the past have been along the lines of...

"Help me" (with big moist puppy dog eyes looking up at me, desperately begging for help)
"You're the only one that I can talk to about this"
"I can't stop crying"
"Thank you" (with deep gratitude in his eyes, still moist)

Not sure what I used to say...

*Edit  Actually, none of those lines are even doing anything for me right now... how sad... but in real life, I'm sure they would work well... if only someone would say them to me!!

Last edited by woundedpuppy (May 1, 2012 3:31 am)

May 1, 2012 8:50 am  #4

I also need regular changes of videos much like Carrotcake

I don't have any crying fantasies apart from the crying dream I told you all about a month ago, and having a staring contest with a girl that features lots of tears

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

May 1, 2012 2:43 pm  #5

I've remembered I do have another crying fantasy. I wish I could magically cause a girls eyes to well with tears enough so that one or two escape down her cheeks without her being aware of it

May 1, 2012 6:25 pm  #6

I have a mental "bank" of old experiences that I flip through. I also write down a lot of my experiences and then I'll read through them when I want a new visual. I guess I'm pretty lucky that I don't have to actively fantasize all that often, since I've had a fair number of real life crying experiences. What I do pretty often is just get on the internet and look for phrases or snippets I like, then I'll copy them down to enjoy later. But yeah, to answer the question, I like a wide variety of material.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

May 1, 2012 6:34 pm  #7

meantangerine wrote:

I have a mental "bank" of old experiences that I flip through. I also write down a lot of my experiences and then I'll read through them when I want a new visual. I guess I'm pretty lucky that I don't have to actively fantasize all that often, since I've had a fair number of real life crying experiences. What I do pretty often is just get on the internet and look for phrases or snippets I like, then I'll copy them down to enjoy later. But yeah, to answer the question, I like a wide variety of material.

I haven't had any real life crying experiences for ages. Can I be you for a week so I can have one!!

May 2, 2012 12:16 am  #8

Haha, I think you might need more than a week. It doesn't happen THAT often!

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

May 2, 2012 11:58 am  #9

meantangerine wrote:

Haha, I think you might need more than a week. It doesn't happen THAT often!

Gosh dang it to heck!!

Thought i had a good idea there for a minute

May 3, 2012 11:02 am  #10

Yeah, definitely - the same video can do it for me a number of times, but then it loses its thrill.

I tend to have the same elements of a fantasy, but altered slightly and in different settings.

My favourite location for a fantasy is in the bedroom (I live in student accommodation during term time, so realistically for a fantasy involving my boyfriend, it would have to take place either in public, which I don't like as only I want to share the intimacy of the moment, or in one of our rooms).

Basic rubric: he seems a little out of character, I ask what's wrong, he brushes it off but his eyes fill with tears, he tries to hold back, makes a joke out of it and then immediately crumbles, followed by the hugging, the sobbing in my arms, perhaps a choked out 'I'm sorry', to which I reassure him it's fine. Then I have two endings, although both could happen consecutively, I suppose: tissues are offered, and he's drying his eyes, and is all embarrassed OR he cries himself to sleep in my arms and his breathing is all snuffly as he sleeps.

I change a few things: the reasons for crying, the type of crying (quiet and restrained, huge sobs, etc.), my position as the comforter (standing, sitting beside him, lying next to him). I never have a lot of dialogue, other than 'Shhh' (not as in 'stop it', more of a soothing noise), 'it's okay', 'don't worry'. I never want to go too much into the reasons for their tears, because that feels to me like focusing on the pain rather than the emotional release.

Of course, if I'm fantasising about characters from TV shows that I like or famous people, which I do a lot, then there's a lot more variety and the settings and reasons can change a lot more.

Board footera