You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 9, 2012 6:40 am  #1

How did you discover your fetish/how did it begin

Iv'e always liked people opening up to me, but I never had this fetish until the middle of high-school. I was probably 16. I saw my best friend tear up and hide it, and didn't say or do anything about it since I didn't have the fetish yet, but ever since that day Iv'e been totally obsessed! I also regret not doing something when I had the chance.    

So how did yours start?

“...you know that a good, long session of weeping can often make you feel better, even if your circumstances have not changed one bit.”
― Lemony Snicket, The Bad Beginning

May 9, 2012 7:53 am  #2

Re: How did you discover your fetish/how did it begin

I was in highschool when my crying fetish started some parts of my highschool life were sad. Then I found the forum. Great question.

May 9, 2012 11:28 am  #3

I guess I knew there was something sweet about crying by the time I got to high school, but I didn't know I had a fetish until an actor cried in a play I was in, which happened during my first year of college.  That was the exact moment I realized (or possibly acquired) the fetish.  He usually looked tortured in that scene, but one night, he cried real tears too.  They spilled down his cheeks in front of everyone and he didn't even wipe them away (he couldn't, actually, as his hands were bound at the time... hmm, sexy?)   I made the instant connection that I felt the same way about the crying as I did about my sneeze fetish (which I had known about since early childhood, even if I didn't know what sex was yet).

May 9, 2012 11:59 am  #4

I can't remember the exact time but the first most prominent crying obs that I can remember was when I was at a childhood friends house (who was female). She had a couple of friends with her and they were watching the animated version of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe and they were crying at Aslan's 'death scene'

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

May 9, 2012 7:55 pm  #5

I probably said this on the old forum but my first memory of what I would later define as my crying fetish was when I was about 11 / 12 years old in my 7th and final year of what we call primary school (just before going into secondary school or high school).

It occurred at the same time as my interest in girls increasing - I'd fallen head over heal in love with a stunning girl in my class - although I never plucked up the courage to do anything about it. I was completely in awe of her - I remember she had stunning green / brown eyes, long flowing brown hair, the most beautiful face I could imagine, long legs, slim and breasts - very important for a guy of 11 / 12 years old.   

I don't remember thinking about her in tears I only rememeber admiring her looks until the day she cried in class. I was only a few feet away and watched as tears filled her eyes and slowly rolled down her smooth cheeks unchecked. It hit me immediately - I found myself being hugely turned on and strangely emotional myself - I didn't cry but I remember blinking back tears.I remember wanting to kiss her so bad - I didn't of course!

From then on I noticed girls crying more and discovered that yes I liked it and that it consistantly turned me on. I did not always call it a fetish but in one way or another it's been with me for a long time.

May 9, 2012 9:33 pm  #6

It's just always been there. For as long as I can remember.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

May 9, 2012 10:22 pm  #7

I was about 4 years old, and I was watching a kids' TV show that was on for a short number of years. One episode was about a boy (the characters were life-like puppets controlled from the top and bottom) who was upset because someone stole his pastry and ate it. The other kids laughed at him and said, "Boys don't cry! You're a baby!" At the end of the show, they (and the viewers) were educated on how it's okay for anyone to cry. This lesson at the end was accompanied by a montage of real men of all ages crying. Some shed one or two tears, some were sobbing. The montage lasted for about thirty seconds. I remember particularly liking two clips: one featured a teen boy comforting another, and the other was a short close-up of a man sobbing really hard. The images are completely ingrained in my memory. The first teen was black, and his single tear caught the light as he turned his head toward the other boy, who embraced him. The crying boy's shoulders hitched, and he wiped the tear away with his index finger. In the other clip, the man, who was white with a green shirt and baseball cap, was doing a huge lip curl, and his lips were shaking quite a bit as he sort of rocked back and forth, overcome with sobs.

This episode was on a few times, plus I had it (along with some others) recorded on a VHS. I would play both of those clips (especially the second one with the intense sobbing) in slow motion, staring at the movement of their mouths. I loved the first comforting scene so much, too.

So that was my first awareness of it. Obviously nothing sexual was really involved when I was 4, but I felt warm all over, and I was so intensely drawn to it. I always acted out crying scenes when I would play alone in my room, out loud with my own voice or with my dolls. (LOL, my dolls cried a LOOOOTTT.)

Then in middle and high school, I would always imagine my attractive male friends crying and me having to rush over to save the day, lol. Lots of comforting fantasies.

Once I started college, I really began labeling it as a fetish. As I began to explore videos, pictures, and sound effects online, I found that I loved female crying strictly for its aesthetic components. In real life, I of course really care about and comfort females, but it doesn't turn me on at all. For males, though, the comforting and emotions are such a large part of it. The majority, really. I am almost just as aroused by having an emotional conversation with a man.

The only person who knows about my fetish, besides you guys, is my boyfriend. He completely understands it, and he actually quite likes it. He's always been an emotional guy, but he was chastised for expressing himself by his parents. So he loves that I love that part of him so much.

May 9, 2012 11:30 pm  #8

Wow. I'm in high school now and have been a member of the sneeze fetish forum since middle school, so it's interesting to hear how many people's started then. I know the s fetish started first for me - I must have been 3 or 4 - but I remember liking crying from about third or fourth grade or so? My first memory is of my crush crying when he as yelled at in gym class - haha, he must have been nine; I still know him, so it's interesting to remember this - and I wanted nothing more than to go over and give him a hug.

May 10, 2012 12:39 am  #9

I was also really young. I remember in grade school at the earliest being drawn to my guy friends crying.  I really started to understand how much I liked it watching Touched by an Angel (lot of crying in that show) in probably 4th and 5th grade, and then 6th on I started with the male crying/comfort fantasies.  Again, for me, its never really been sexual.  Its more about the comforting for me.  Like the savior complex. 

As far as who knows about it, I'm fairly certain my family knows I find those types of scenes cute in tv and movies, but no one really knows the extent of it.  I have a twin sister who I am unbelievably close with and she doesn't even know.  I've never told my boyfriend either, although I'm sure at some point I will have to if we get married.  Strange how most of us hide it from the vast majority of people.

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

May 10, 2012 3:52 am  #10

Very cool to hear everyone's answers, sounds like most people either have it from a young age, or discover/develop it in highschool. It's really too bad none of the books out there for puberty address fetishes, it would probably help a lot of people out.

My fetish is one of my biggest secrets, and the reason don't tell anyone is not because I worry about being judged, but because I feel that as soon as I tell someone, they will never cry in front on me again, or if they do it would be really akward. My husband will have to know of course, but it can wait till there's a ring on my finger.

“...you know that a good, long session of weeping can often make you feel better, even if your circumstances have not changed one bit.”
― Lemony Snicket, The Bad Beginning

Board footera