You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 20, 2012 12:47 pm  #1

Should I link this site in wikipedia's "Dacryphilia" page?

Le advice, s'il vous plaƮt.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

June 20, 2012 6:18 pm  #2

Re: Should I link this site in wikipedia's "Dacryphilia" page?

Interesting idea. I wouldn't have a problem with it as long as it was made clear that we are not a BDSM site and that most of the fetishists on this forum are interested in crying as separate from BDSM or anything of that nature. Not that I'm opposed to BDSM, but that wikipedia article presents the fetish as mostly BDSM-related, and I don't think that correlation is accurate for many of us on here. Just a thought. But it would be a good way to promote our site and let other fetishists know that we exist! I'd say it's fine... but maybe write a little explanation about it. I just feel a little funny being tied to just the description that's already in that article.

June 20, 2012 6:54 pm  #3

I agree with carrotcake it's a fantastic way to promote the forum but the wikipedia site does not represent what we are. That said, in my search to find sites like ours before I found the forum I searched for Dacryphilia many times, so it is a very useful term to use.

It would require an alternative description to the BDSM focus that's already there which would need to focus on the visual and comforting aspect that the majority of members here share. But with that clearly defined I would support a move to promote our site this way. If we go ahead with this let me know the date the information is added to wikipedia and I'll monitor the web statistics and see if it makes a difference to our visitor count.

June 21, 2012 1:13 am  #4

The link is up as of 21 Jun 2012. In accordance to what you guys said, I briefly stated that it is a non-BDSM site. Let's see what happens.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

June 21, 2012 5:32 am  #5

Sounds good! I hope this gets us some board traffic, since this is certainly a difficult forum to promote.

June 22, 2012 11:41 am  #6

I feel that our dacryphilia fetish is just as common as the BDSM version and that they do not even seem as crying-focused as we are.  Crying is our MAIN focus, whereas for them, it mostly seems like a side kink -- so I feel that Wikipedia description in its current form is not very representative.  Too bad we have no control over editing the article part (can the author be contacted?)  There should be something about the visual and comforting, for sure.  I'm not sure how many like-minded people will be turned off by the description as it currently stands and not bother to scroll all the way down to the external links, but we can always hope.

June 26, 2012 12:24 pm  #7

woundedpuppy wrote:

Too bad we have no control over editing the article part (can the author be contacted?)

the author cannot be contacted because anyone can edit it and there may not be just one author anyway, it's a wiki. A wikipedia mod can revert to previous versions in case someone simply deletes or puts garbage there, but you can edit the article if you want. your ip is tracked though if thats a concern, but other than that you can edit it to make the article better if you want.

Last edited by kournokopia (June 26, 2012 12:27 pm)

June 28, 2012 3:25 pm  #8

Not much of a change in visitor numbers, it did increase from 6 to 10 unquie visitors a day immediately after you added the wiki link but dropped back to 8 a couple of days later.

Still currently averaging 10 unquie visitors per day - I notice we only increase the membership by 3 I think since posting the link - not great really unfortunately - still it might impove over time!

August 15, 2012 12:39 am  #9

not too much compared with the fact that the "dacryphilia" wikipage was at least readed 3970 times in june 2012 = in average 130 x/day ^^

maximum in june was by the way 217 visitors on 1.6

source:  http://stats.grok.se/en/201206/dacryphilia

The daily  6-10 unique visitors are those who come from the wikipedia link or is it the total number of unique visitors / day who visit this page?

Board footera