You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 21, 2012 3:00 am  #11

Re: My first post

Welcome to our newest members!!

@BraveEnough, it's been around 7 years since I last saw my husband cry, so I can relate to what you are saying.  The only thing that seems to make him cry (so far) is relationship issues between us.  You'll definitely find people who love to discuss crying here!

@caircair, I also like comforting as a big part (maybe even main part) of my fetish.  I like the thought of a man coming to me for emotional support about something which has nothing to do with me and he opens up to me and breaks down completely while I get to hold him (I'm talking quiet sobbing, gasping for breath, tears streaming down face, unable to speak properly, lasts for a long time, etc).  I haven't lived my fantasy yet, but maybe someday. 

Feel free to start new threads or comment on old ones.  Hope you enjoy the forum.

July 24, 2012 9:26 pm  #12

Huge welcome also to our new members - glad to have you posting...

@wondedpuppy and @braveenough: both of you seam to have husbands that don't cry very often, couple of questions - when you did see them cry can you describe the way in which they cried - i.e. visible tears on their face, wiping tears away versus flowing tears down face, sobbing etc. Also, do you think they have cried in private during this time but not told you - too embarrased etc.

July 25, 2012 12:56 am  #13

My husband didn't wipe away the tears.  He seemed to ignore them entirely, and let them run down his face.  The only sound from him was the occasional gasping noise.  This is the only time in five years of knowing him that I have seen him cry, as he is very inhibited in his ability to show his emotions.  What really struck me the most was how neither his voice nor his facial expression changed at all.

July 25, 2012 2:24 am  #14

With the incident from 7 years ago, he was lying down and few tears trickled out of the corners of his eyes, but they basically trickled sideways (towards his hair), not straight down his face, due to the position he was lying in.  However, my guess (a pure guess!) is that he probably wouldn't have bothered to wipe them even if they had fallen straight down his face.  I don't know why I think that except that I guess I feel he wasn't that embarrassed in front of me, so there would be little reason to wipe them away unless they were bothering him.  And on that note, no, I don't think he has cried in private without telling me about it -- who knows, he may have felt somewhat 'emotional' at some point and not made a thing of it, but I would be very shocked about any actual crying that he didn't tell me about.  I think he would tell me because he knows how important it is to me.  I don't feel that he's embarrassed about crying in front of me, so therefore I can't see him being embarrassed about admitting that he cried.  He would make me swear that I wouldn't tell anyone else about it, of course -- but I do believe he would tell me.

To finish up the other questions, no, he didn't really sob that I recall, although I distinctly remember a sentence getting cut off with a choke or tremble in the voice type of thing.

July 25, 2012 8:17 pm  #15

Thanks to you both, interesting that both of these male non-criers shed real tears and allowed those tears to fall unchecked - whether that's down their cheeks or towards their ears. From what you say it sounds like both shed at least a few tears - i.e. not just a single rouge tear.

I wonder where these wet eyes only male criers are hiding that only appear in questionnaires and studies!

July 29, 2012 2:10 am  #16

If my husband were to take such a survey, I'm sure he would say that he never, ever, EVER cries, and hasn't since he was a small child.  My theory is that he didn't wipe away the tears because he was ignoring them and didn't want to acknowledge, even to himself, that they existed.

July 30, 2012 9:12 pm  #17

BraveEnough wrote:

If my husband were to take such a survey, I'm sure he would say that he never, ever, EVER cries, and hasn't since he was a small child.  My theory is that he didn't wipe away the tears because he was ignoring them and didn't want to acknowledge, even to himself, that they existed.

This is interesting, never thought about someone completely denying the existance of tears! He must have felt the tears rolling down his cheek (are we talking about a single tear or several here?) - I know some people cry small sized tears which are less noticeable to the crier but I reckon the person would still feel them. Also, where did the tears go? If he ignored them completely they would have eventully dropped from his nose/chin or ran down his neck or I guess they could have simply evaporated. But all three I think are noticable to the crier, I've left tears to dry on my face before and my skin felt tight as they dried up.

I've always acknowledged at least to myself that I am crying - even when I felt embarrased for crying. I've even admitted, that was a cry when my eyes have filled with tears but I've wiped my eyes directly so no tears actually fell. So, this is quite a different view point to take in.

How did you react to his tears, you were turned on and had to hide these feeling but did you acknowledge that he was crying in any way?

July 31, 2012 8:50 pm  #18

Oh, I'm sure he was quite aware that he was crying.  He just doesn't like to admit it.  Early in our marriage, I was concerned about the fact that I'd seen him lose both grandmothers within six months of each other, followed soon by an uncle being killed in an accident, and he never shed a tear.  He had been badly abused by his father and had learned to shut it off.  The entire subject embarrasses him.  He sometimes sits in on my therapy sessions, and during one of them I brought up the concern.  The therapist outright asked him if he had ever cried in his adult life.  He flatly denied it.  That was almost two years before the cat died, whereupon his tears were undeniable.

A few days after it happened, he pointed out how much more loving I was acting toward him.  I didn't quite know how to tell him why, and I ventured, "This is going to sound stupid."  He let me off the hook.  "I think I know.  It's the way I acted when (the cat) died."  Here he is acknowledging that he was crying, without saying it, because the topic still embarrasses him.  I noticed how carefully he avoided the c-word, so I didn't say it either.  I simply told him I appreciated being let into his inner world.

I'm almost sure, if some therapist again asked him if he's ever cried in his adult life, he would still deny it.  Not because he is a liar, but because he is just too inhibited.  The very thought of it raises high anxiety in him.  He did tell me he felt like he could let his guard down with me, because I'm his wife, and he asked me not to tell anybody.  Technically I'm honoring that, since this is all anonymous.

He let the tears dry on his face.  Every once in a while he might reach up quickly like he was brushing away a loose hair, but in general he ignored it.  At one point I myself reached up to dry one, but mostly I just held his hand.  There were a number of tears over a period of maybe ten or twenty minutes, beginning from driving away from the vet's office, to shortly after we were home.  He was driving, which could account for ignoring the tears, because he had to keep his hands on the wheel.  Except for that occasional gasping sound, I would never have known he was crying without looking directly at him.  When we arrived home, we snuggled together on the couch, and it was pretty much the same.  Gradually the tears subsided.  We now have an unspoken agreement not to talk about it.

Which is why I especially appreciate being able to spill all the details here.

Last edited by BraveEnough (August 1, 2012 6:39 pm)

July 31, 2012 11:47 pm  #19

Yes, this forum is perfect for being able to talk about things you would not otherwise be able to discuss!

August 1, 2012 6:20 pm  #20

Thank you so much for sharing - this is why this forum is fantastic, we get to hear wonderful details like this   

Board footera