You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 17, 2012 8:58 pm  #11

Re: Relieved to know there are others like me

To Vulnerability :

Then it has to be related to expressing guilty feeling or submitting to you. Maybe there's a frustration in your subconscious about being injured by someone else's ( a woman's) injustice and seeing that kind of emotion being expressed by your wife eases you somehow? I get off on that too, on the knowledge that some men do have pain and let go and i enjoy it only because it gives me relief  since too many  keep them to themselves. Probably it's a dad related problem since he never gave me a strong display of love or concern  and i always needed it. It's a way to displace my frustration at it. But it's also a crave for intensity of feeling that has nothing to do with anything that i can think of.

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

August 18, 2012 10:28 pm  #12

I don't mean to be too critical, psychic_girl, but I feel a little uncomfortable with you calling dacryphilia a sexual perversion and suggesting that the fetish is harmful. A lot of us come to this forum because we find acceptance here, and people who recognise that this is a perfectly acceptable sexual kink, if a little unusual. As tearhunter says, perversion implies something unnatural and wrong. We are here also because we do not feel that we are a part of the hardcore BDSM community, as we focus a lot on comfort rather than pain, viewing tears as a release rather than a problem in themselves. I feel that the comfort aspect makes us fetishists more caring people - while we enjoy tears, this is very much linked to a need to help the crying person. At least, that is my experience.

Last edited by lemoniep (August 18, 2012 10:30 pm)

August 19, 2012 8:20 pm  #13

lemoniep wrote:

I don't mean to be too critical, psychic_girl, but I feel a little uncomfortable with you calling dacryphilia a sexual perversion and suggesting that the fetish is harmful. A lot of us come to this forum because we find acceptance here, and people who recognise that this is a perfectly acceptable sexual kink, if a little unusual. As tearhunter says, perversion implies something unnatural and wrong. We are here also because we do not feel that we are a part of the hardcore BDSM community, as we focus a lot on comfort rather than pain, viewing tears as a release rather than a problem in themselves. I feel that the comfort aspect makes us fetishists more caring people - while we enjoy tears, this is very much linked to a need to help the crying person. At least, that is my experience.

I didn't personally think that dacryphilia in it's wide range of meaning is necessarily  a harmfull kink as in the case of those that inflict pain, physical or psychological on their partner in order to satisfy their urge. A pervertion is something that is unnatural and harmfull as long as the other is bothered and rejects it. On some sites if you google and search many things on the topic of dacryophilia you will find a secondary meaning that relates to what we experience here rather then the sadistic case( as you said release, catharsis). 

http://drmarkgriffiths.wordpress.com/2012/07/27/a-crying-shame-a-brief-overview-of-dacryphilia/

I do agree with you on the fact that many who post here are basically different then the ones in the BDSM community  but this doesn't mean we are normal since in many emotional circumstances despite our sincere concern and comfort for someone else's pain( our potential partner i'll dare to say) there's a subversive streak of pleasure and moreover an ego-driven need to support someone in pain because we feel empowered and in control. It's slightly different then the normal compassion but one doesn't have to feel guilty or bad about it. I personally don't , but i would like to know more about it and what lies at the roots of my kink then simply justifying it for what it's not.

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

August 19, 2012 9:17 pm  #14

I personally have no issue with the idea that dacryphilia is a sexual "perversion" or something unhealthy. After all, getting off on seeing someone cry can't be normal. The fact is, I don't care if it's perverted. I like indulging my fetish and unless I'm hurting someone, it's nobody's business. It's the same rule with homosexuality. Is it normal? Is it a paraphilia? If it is consensual does it matter? It's also not necessarily true that we are all comforters here. I am more of an observer myself.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

August 23, 2012 9:57 pm  #15

Welcome to the forum, Vulnerability!

Board footera