You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 9, 2012 6:57 am  #1

Obama thanks campaign staff with a few tears

Saw this article and video on the Yahoo website - the important stuff happens right around the 3:30 mark.  They said it was the first time during his presidency that he was seen crying.

http://news.yahoo.com/tearful-obama-credits-staff-history-books-campaign-032609276--abc-news-politics.html

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

November 9, 2012 11:49 pm  #2

Re: Obama thanks campaign staff with a few tears

Thanks for the video, I just read that and saw the video.

November 9, 2012 11:52 pm  #3

It seemed appropriate to the forum.  And seeing that made me feel more sure I made the right decision by voting for him.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

November 10, 2012 2:59 am  #4

caircair wrote:

It seemed appropriate to the forum.  And seeing that made me feel more sure I made the right decision by voting for him.

I agree very appropriate for the forum.

November 12, 2012 5:22 am  #5

I saw that video earlier in the week...watched it about 10 times.  I felt the same way as you, caircair.   

I do feel the need to point out - that article is incorrect.  This is not actually the first time President Obama has been seen crying in public, nor was it the first time he was seen crying since he was elected back in 2008.  (I actually just saw a video about this, though the crying clips were nothing to get too excited over.)  Obama cried just the day before he was elected in 2008, over the fact that his grandmother had just died.  Likewise, he was seen getting all passionate and teary eyed during a speech, I believe, just the day before winning the 2012 election.  He was also seen crying at a funeral once during his presidency that he and many others from Washington attended (I do not remember who for, however...I think it was a civil rights activist of some sort). 

However, from the clips and pictures I've seen, Obama is not an "obvious" crier in general and this is really his strongest public display of emotion to date.  He tends to let maybe a tear or two drip out and brushes it away very casually.  His voice will occasionally get the tiniest bit hoarse if he is speaking at the time, but he doesn't really struggle for composure, get a flushed or scrunched face, or get the sniffles the way some people do.  Contrast that to the way most of us cry, and it's no surprise his previous tears haven't drawn quite as much notice.

Last edited by thedreamer (November 12, 2012 5:23 am)

Board footera