You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 5, 2012 12:57 am  #1

observation in the hall

I live in a dorm, and this afternoon I heard a couple walking down my hallway, the woman yelling at the man to leave her alone. He was saying, "Bridget, Bridget, please, wait," etc. They sat down on a bench at the end of the hall and before long I started hearing sobs. I couldn't tell at first which of them was crying, but the woman spoke and still sounded angry, not sad, so it became clear that it was the man crying. (I was listening at my door.) He was sobbing pretty hard at times, then would say, "Why are you doing this to me?" His voice wasn't especially high or low, but his sobs were pretty high. After about 15 minutes of this I had to go to a meeting, but I passed them in the hall. He was quiet at that moment, but his eyes were really red. When I came back about an hour later, I passed them walking on the road. His eyes were still red, but they seemed to be getting along. And in true fetish-fashion, I went to look at the bench where they had been sitting. I saw a wet spot on the cushion, but I couldn't tell if it was tears or snot or both.

If she had left, I probably would have gone out to ask if he was okay, and if I could do anything.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

December 8, 2012 2:48 am  #2

Re: observation in the hall

very nice ob meantangerine.  I've always hoped something like that would happen in my dorm, more specifically that it was an individual girl, but alas it has not yet.  Where do you go to school?

December 8, 2012 4:36 am  #3

Great observation!

December 8, 2012 4:37 am  #4

Great Observations, meantangerine. Thanks for sharing them.

December 8, 2012 7:32 pm  #5

I go to a small liberal arts college in the Northeast US.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

December 8, 2012 8:51 pm  #6

I'm in the northeast, I go to Seton Hall

Board footera