You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 4, 2013 6:10 pm  #1

Told the new boyfriend!

So I have this new guy, we've been dating for about six weeks now, and I know the #1 most important thing to him is honesty. He's told me some pretty private things about himself and none of those have been a problem for me at all, so I was hopeful that he would return the favor when I told him about the fetish.
The other night we were lying together, about to go to sleep, when I asked if I could tell him something. He said yes, and I said, "Well, I'm not sure if I'd describe it as a fetish or a kink, or just a sexual weirdness, but you know how I told you that I love the feeling of being trusted, or having someone be really open with me? It's actually a sexual thing too. I get really turned by the idea of being totally trusted, up to and including comforting someone when they're crying. I don't know, somehow the brain wires between the emotion center and the sex center got crossed in a really weird way. But I don't want you to think that if you're upset about something and need to talk to me about it I'm just going to be leering at you the whole time; that's not how it is at all."

And you know what? He was FINE with it. He said he didn't even think it was that weird. Admittedly, I played with the definition a little, but what I said was all true. So I felt a little bolder, and told him that I actually thought crying was aesthetically really beautiful, and he said, "Okay, I disagree with you there. I just find the entire act of crying to be really uncomfortable and awkward." But again, FINE. He does not think I am a freak or a pervert or even all that weird! Yay!

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

February 4, 2013 11:17 pm  #2

Re: Told the new boyfriend!

Great to hear!  Wish we had a thumbs up or applauding emoticon for posts like this (I'm sure I've said that before...)  

Hey, he sounds so cool about it that he might even indulge your fetish sometime... if so, let us know!  I'm interested in how different couples go about it.  

February 4, 2013 11:51 pm  #3

That's fantastic! I'm so glad he took it so well, and he seems really honestt and trustworthy. I'm happy for you!

February 5, 2013 2:02 am  #4

woundedpuppy wrote:

Hey, he sounds so cool about it that he might even indulge your fetish sometime... if so, let us know!  I'm interested in how different couples go about it.  

Haha, I'm not counting on it. I can't imagine a scenario in which it wouldn't be crazy awkward (we're both kind of awkward people to begin with, him more than me), plus I think it would feel so fake that I wouldn't get much enjoyment out of it. This is just my own little thing, but it feels so good to be accepted for it.

I do hope that someday I'll get to see him cry and comfort him, but I don't want to force it.

February 5, 2013 2:32 am  #5

Thats great news, I'm glad he took it well. Yes we do need a applauding emoticon.

February 5, 2013 9:26 am  #6

Or a thumbs up one.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

February 6, 2013 5:52 pm  #7

When he said he finds crying awkward, did he mean crying himself or someone else crying around him, or both?

Ugly crying is pretty crying

February 6, 2013 10:40 pm  #8

I think he mostly meant for himself, in context. But I know he also feels really awkward about being forced into really personal interactions with people he doesn't know (this came up on a different occasion). I haven't had reason to cry in front of him yet, but he said he was fine with it when it was someone he knows well. He's kind of protective in some ways (not in a psychotic jealous way, obviously), so I feel pretty confident that he would be okay comforting me.

Board footera