You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 26, 2012 3:47 pm  #11

Re: Thinking about changing to forum name

caircair wrote:

Personally, I'm more comfortable with the name Crying Lovers than Crying Fetish.  When I first started looking for something like this, I was turned off by the idea of "Fetish", when I was thinking it was more an emotional quirk of mine.  It in no way relates, in my mind, sexually.  I'm not physically turned on by people crying or by tears - it's much more an emotional empathy thing with me.

I think what you have can also be called a "fetish", albeit unlike most of us a non-sexual one.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

November 26, 2012 11:06 pm  #12

You are probably right.  It's just that the word "fetish" to me has the tone of "creepy sexual obsession".  I never thought of a fetish as something that was non-sexual.  But it makes sense.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

November 27, 2012 7:24 pm  #13

Hmm, yeah, like, if some guy said, "My wife has a shoe fetish", I would automatically think of an obsession with shopping for shoes, particularly expensive brand names, high heels, sandals, and a closet full of them at home, but a non-sexual interest on the part of the woman.  However, if someone said, "My HUSBAND has a shoe fetish"... ;)

So, depends on the context sometimes.

March 18, 2013 7:47 pm  #14

Well I am a newbie who just found this forum so my opinion counts for exactly zilch, but I have to say I don't know that I would have signed up or looked into this forum if it was called "crying fetish forum." For me the interest is not sexual. It squicks me out a little to think of my interest as being a "fetish" because that seems like getting pleasure from other people's pain (real or acted), whereas for me it's more like an extreme sense of empathy that triggers some need in me to experience strong emotions. If that makes any sense... haha. I'm actually thinking about a lot of this for the first time because of this forum, but would never have signed up if it was called a "fetish forum" right in the title. Just something to think about for potential new members.

March 19, 2013 6:16 pm  #15

Good point, sparkbark. I'm pretty comfortable identifying as a fetishist at this point, but it wasn't always like that.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

March 20, 2013 7:02 am  #16

I agree with sparkbark and meantangerine, good point.

March 26, 2013 9:07 pm  #17

Finally starting to emerge from my enforced exile due to work commitments and other stuff - few posts coming up on that.

Just had a thought when I saw the new posts on this thread. We should probably have a contingency plan should Boardhost do the same as Proboards and can us without warning.

Reckon the Moderators should share alternative email addresses separate to the forum site. That way should the worst happen we have a way of getting in contact with each other.

TorNorth - Do you want to PM the Moderators for this information - happy to do it if you want. Might be a good idea to share the list with all Moderators. Obviously you can use a non-identifying email address if you wish.

As I have control of the front webpage this will be update with the status of the forum should it suddenly vanish again. It might take a few days initially but to everyone else please visit this site for information and hopefully details of any new forum location.

Website page is: www.cryingfetishforum.com

Any other thoughts on this more than welcome...

Last edited by tearhunter (March 26, 2013 9:07 pm)

March 28, 2013 8:35 pm  #18

My email aaazmi1985@yahoo.com is what I used when the last site was taken down. So this will do. 

Ugly crying is pretty crying

March 28, 2013 9:02 pm  #19

Yeah, i subscribe to what caircair said. It's more subtile to let it Crying Lovers, it's more relatable then ''crying fetishists''. When i think about a crying fetish i see a BDSM setup where someone is whipped unttill tears stream down. It's not a glamourous sight..

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

April 24, 2013 9:30 pm  #20

Hello all!
I'm new here *waves* 

I feel the same way with psychic_girl & caircair, I'm more comfortable with Crying Lovers instead of 'fetish'... cos the emotional empathy is what I found myself to be a crying lover in the first place..  

Last edited by sakura (April 24, 2013 10:18 pm)

Board footera