You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 27, 2013 10:25 pm  #1

Crying Observation - Male

Witnessed a fantastic male crying observation for you women to enjoy on the train home from work a few weeks ago.

The train seating configuration is such that two sets of seats face each other. A guy of about mid-twenties, business suit, clean shaven, I guess fairly attractive but I'm no expert, sat immediately opposite me. A middle aged woman was next to me and a woman either late-twenties, early-thirties next to the guy in question.

He proceeded to take out an iPad and clearly was watching something - I could not see the screen and because he had headphones in I did not hear anything either so I've no idea what he was watching. So far nothing particularly out of the ordinary.

Less than 5 minutes after he started to watch his iPad I noticed his bottom lip seamed to be trembling a bit. Very slightly to start with so I was not sure at first. But, because I noticed this I kept watching. This was easy as his eyes where lowered watching the screen. After a couple of minutes the trembling botom lip was fairly obvious - I was then sure this guy was on the verge of tears.

It was difficult to see his eyes because they where lowered so at this point I had no real idea if he had tears in his eyes at all. He seamed to regain is composure a couple of times and for a while I thought this was as far as it would go.

Then as I watched his lower lip start to tremble again I caught a very small look at his eyes almost through is eyelashes really and they seamed to be sparkling. Just a few seconds later I could see tears forming on his lower eye lids. The first tear fell directly from his eyes without touching his face, this was following almost immediately by a tear from his other eye which rolled unchecked down his cheek and stopped at this chin. He gave a bit of a gasp at this point. The woman next to him looked at him from a side view and immediately looked out of the window. The women next to me seamed to fumble with her iPhone and I felt she did not want to directly look at this guy either. Interesting reaction in itself.

For at least the next 10 minutes he sat there watching his iPad, never raising his head openly crying with tears rolling unchecked down his face. Not once did he attempt to wipe any tears away. He was not sobbing and I'd say a tear fell about every 30ish seconds but he did let out that heavy breath sort of sound and took in a deep breath every so often.

As we approched what was clearly his stop he lifted his head for the first time, his eyes where brimming with tears and red rimmed. His face was streaked with very visible tear stains. But, he simply packed up his iPad, the odd tear still escaping got up and left the train.

Have to say I was kind of amazed by this display of emotion - he basically sat in a public place and had a really good cry over something on his iPad and it never bother him at all, he never even made any gesture that you would associated to him being emotional.

Amazing - although I felt cheated it was not a stunning women showing so much raw emotion.

March 28, 2013 12:01 am  #2

Re: Crying Observation - Male

Wow, that is insane!!!!  Thanks for sharing.  I ride trains configured like that too, but I don't think if I suddenly start paying attention to the guys across from me that an obs like that will ever come up!  We each have our own moments, I guess, and it's great hearing about each other's experiences.  I hope to have some new crazy observations to share with y'all in 2013!! 

Eeps, we're almost a quarter of the way through 2013 and none yet... but last year they all came towards the end of the year...

Actually, OK, there was a female obs at a store.  I was waiting in line to buy something and it looked like it was maybe an off-duty or ex-employee of the store who was there buying something, as she seemed very familiar with the other cashiers.  She was sniffing and rubbing her eyes I think she got hugged by the lady who checked me out after I went through the line.  No, I don't know what she was crying about and I really was trying not to stare, so no other details on where tears were and what they did.  What struck me about the situation was the comforting part.  Definitely some female-on-female comforting going on.  If it had been a guy, I would have found an excuse to stick around longer... 

March 29, 2013 9:43 am  #3

I've mentioned this observation to a few people, all to my knowledge non-crying lovers and it gets a mixed response. A couple of my male work colleagues when I was recounting the observation didn't seam to have a problem with him crying so much as choosing to cry in public on a train. Some women thought it was 'sweet' other thought he was a complete 'wimp' !

Woundedpuppy: I think I've been lucky, right place right time - public transport is a fantastic way of seeing emotion in other people. I think I'm also tuned in to the sutle signs as well which enables me to hone into an emotional person right from the start. I travel 45 minutes on a train every day so that's 1.5 hrs of opportunity to see emotional outbursts. But in 18 months I've seen two - thousands of people must have crossed my path in that time so the percentage hit rate much be extremely low. Hope your averages work out soon and you get a similar observation. Perhaps the weather here is just depressing which makes people cry more!

March 29, 2013 9:58 am  #4

Wow, this is a stunning occurence. I use the underground too for the same lengh of time but not everyday now and i can't recall any such wonnderfull situation. I have seen women crying though but not males. I guess i saw 1 or two guys at one point but i wasn't sure they were crying or just cold. It's a horrible mentality in my country that men are not supposed to show tears in public though many public figures and our president cries on many occasions...

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

March 29, 2013 9:59 am  #5

One question though tearhunter, if that guy cried while looking at his Ipad tears didn't fall on it?

Last edited by psychic_girl (March 29, 2013 9:59 am)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

March 29, 2013 12:05 pm  #6

Hehe, well, I don't ride those trains nearly as often as you, plus 2 observations in 18 months wouldn't be worth it to me (I like to escape into my own world or look out the window), but it's really interesting to know your stats!   

March 30, 2013 9:18 am  #7

psychic_girl wrote:

One question though tearhunter, if that guy cried while looking at his Ipad tears didn't fall on it?

Don't think so, his iPad was resting on his thighs as he sat any tears falling into free fall where much closer to his body. Would probably have hit is stomach (not that he was fat) or his lap. Didn't pay too much attention to where they landed.  

March 30, 2013 9:23 am  #8

psychic_girl wrote:

Wow, this is a stunning occurence. I use the underground too for the same lengh of time but not everyday now and i can't recall any such wonnderfull situation. I have seen women crying though but not males. I guess i saw 1 or two guys at one point but i wasn't sure they were crying or just cold. It's a horrible mentality in my country that men are not supposed to show tears in public though many public figures and our president cries on many occasions...

This is not common in my country either. I've seen guys cry before but rarely in public like this. 

March 30, 2013 1:17 pm  #9

Whoa. This is absolutely amazing. I've never witnessed anything quite like this, but it sounds captivating.

October 22, 2019 2:44 pm  #10

tearhunter wrote:

Witnessed a fantastic male crying observation for you women to enjoy on the train home from work a few weeks ago.

The train seating configuration is such that two sets of seats face each other. A guy of about mid-twenties, business suit, clean shaven, I guess fairly attractive but I'm no expert, sat immediately opposite me. A middle aged woman was next to me and a woman either late-twenties, early-thirties next to the guy in question.

He proceeded to take out an iPad and clearly was watching something - I could not see the screen and because he had headphones in I did not hear anything either so I've no idea what he was watching. So far nothing particularly out of the ordinary.

Less than 5 minutes after he started to watch his iPad I noticed his bottom lip seamed to be trembling a bit. Very slightly to start with so I was not sure at first. But, because I noticed this I kept watching. This was easy as his eyes where lowered watching the screen. After a couple of minutes the trembling botom lip was fairly obvious - I was then sure this guy was on the verge of tears.

It was difficult to see his eyes because they where lowered so at this point I had no real idea if he had tears in his eyes at all. He seamed to regain is composure a couple of times and for a while I thought this was as far as it would go.

Then as I watched his lower lip start to tremble again I caught a very small look at his eyes almost through is eyelashes really and they seamed to be sparkling. Just a few seconds later I could see tears forming on his lower eye lids. The first tear fell directly from his eyes without touching his face, this was following almost immediately by a tear from his other eye which rolled unchecked down his cheek and stopped at this chin. He gave a bit of a gasp at this point. The woman next to him looked at him from a side view and immediately looked out of the window. The women next to me seamed to fumble with her iPhone and I felt she did not want to directly look at this guy either. Interesting reaction in itself.

For at least the next 10 minutes he sat there watching his iPad, never raising his head openly crying with tears rolling unchecked down his face. Not once did he attempt to wipe any tears away. He was not sobbing and I'd say a tear fell about every 30ish seconds but he did let out that heavy breath sort of sound and took in a deep breath every so often.

As we approched what was clearly his stop he lifted his head for the first time, his eyes where brimming with tears and red rimmed. His face was streaked with very visible tear stains. But, he simply packed up his iPad, the odd tear still escaping got up and left the train.

Have to say I was kind of amazed by this display of emotion - he basically sat in a public place and had a really good cry over something on his iPad and it never bother him at all, he never even made any gesture that you would associated to him being emotional.

Amazing - although I felt cheated it was not a stunning women showing so much raw emotion.

Brilliant obs; i love it. I like the part where you mention that a tear fell directly from his eye; did you happen to catch where it landed? And did any more tears fall from his face?

Board footera