You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 21, 2013 4:43 pm  #1

Boyfriend observation

It's been a while since my boyfriend has cried, so I've been low on the observations recently. But he cried on two consecutive days last week!

The first time was late at night when we were lying in bed. I was falling asleep, and he woke me up, saying, "Are you listening?" Apparently, he'd been talking for about twenty minutes, thinking that I was awake. I realized instantly that he was telling me something emotional, and this realization woke me up quickly. He told me everything again, and we hugged for a few minutes. It was dark, so I couldn't see him, but I could hear his voice catching a little bit, and I felt a slight wetness on his face when I put my face against his. He began to get emotional, and I could tell he was about to cry. I hugged him more tightly, and he buried his face in my shoulder. He was trying to sob silently, since there was someone else in the other room of our apartment. I could feel his body heaving against mine with every sob, and he was taking some short, gaspy breaths between sobs. He cried for about five minutes, at which point he got up to blow his nose. When he came back, we hugged a little more and fell asleep.

Then the next day, something happened that caused us to get into an argument. I was really angry, and I decided that instead of reacting immediately, I would leave for a few minutes to cool down so that we could have a rational discussion. This worked better than I'd hoped, because even though we were both upset when I got back, we didn't yell or say anything we regretted. We talked about what had happened, which led to a discussion of some of his deep-seated problems. We were sitting on the couch (alone in the apartment this time), and I put my arms around him gently. He began to sob similarly to the way he had done the night before. When I pulled away, his face was covered in tears, and his eyes were red. He blew his nose a couple of times, and we continued talking. As we talked, a tear would occasionally fall from his eye, sometimes down his nose, sometimes to his lips, and sometimes all the way down his neck. He let some fall unchecked, wiped others, and let me wipe a few more.

After a few minutes, the conversation got even more emotional, and he broke down again. His lower lip and chin began to quiver, and he covered his eyes with his hand. His mouth began to contort as he tried to continue speaking, but I just put my arms around him and let him sob. At first, he was sobbing quietly, but at some point, he decided to let it all out and cry quite hard. I just held him tightly and told him I loved him, and he cried for about 10-15 minutes.

When he was done, he was in such a good mood. It was actually quite amazing. I could tell that a lot of emotion that he'd been holding in had finally been released, and we were both happy to have resolved our argument quickly. Since then, he's been so much more open than he has been. I think he really feels lighter after that release.

The most amazing part was that yesterday, he told me that he really appreciated the fact that I love crying so much, because he finally feels that someone truly cares about his emotions. He said that while he was crying, he thought for a split second that I was probably somewhat enjoying the tears, and he felt an overwhelming sense of security, as if it was completely safe for him to let it all out in front of me. I guess it's hard for me to truly believe that he isn't at all weirded out by it, even though he tells me that he isn't, but I'm certainly glad.

Last edited by carrotcake (April 23, 2013 2:58 pm)

April 21, 2013 9:28 pm  #2

Re: Boyfriend observation

So coool to have such a sweet tender boyfriend. It one of a kind, i guess what sign is he, if i dare to ask?

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

April 22, 2013 12:48 am  #3

psychic_girl wrote:

So coool to have such a sweet tender boyfriend. It one of a kind, i guess what sign is he, if i dare to ask?

He's an Aries.

April 22, 2013 5:12 pm  #4

I thought he is a Pisces, usually Cancer, Pisces and Scorpio being watery signs, they cry more readily but Aries is emotional too and somehow extroverted. This is cool ! i hope you don't mind that i asked but i like astrology and i analyse the specifics of each sign..

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

April 23, 2013 12:23 am  #5

Great observation!  I'm incredibly jealous of you.  I'm never really able to be there for my boyfriend when he's upset, and what you experienced is pretty much my dream situation.  

April 24, 2013 9:41 pm  #6

Wonderful observation!
My boyfriend would probably feel weirded out a bit, at least, if he knew I was somewhat enjoying his crying.. ^^;
You're really lucky that he isn't weirded out by it at all (also, he must be a rather sensitive person to realize that you were somewhat enjoying the tears).

Last edited by sakura (April 24, 2013 9:43 pm)

April 25, 2013 2:52 pm  #7

That was sooooo hot!!!  Especially the part in bed.  I've always liked the thought of it happening in a bed because you can sort of cuddle and interlace yourselves from head to toe.  Perfect.  It's exactly the sort of obs I want to have someday.

I'm really impressed that knowing you had a crying fetish didn't hinder his crying.  I picture two potential reactions guys could have to knowing, one of which would be that they'd cry less because as they started to cry, the thought of turning you on would turn THEM on and they'd lose the emotion because they'd start feeling turned on instead... and second, that it could make them more self conscious (more self aware) about crying, and to cry properly, you really have to sink right into it and concentrate on feeling it, not be analyzing it (too much awareness), or else it probably would lessen a bit or could even stop.  But sounds like neither happened to your man, and in fact, only worked out for the best and really allowed him to cry!  So congrats on that.  And thanks for the obs!

By the way, my hubby is a Pisces (water sign) and he hasn't cried in many, many years.  I do think he's got a natural sensitivity deep down somewhere, but I think upbringing or society or whatever has made him this way.

Last edited by woundedpuppy (April 25, 2013 2:55 pm)

April 26, 2013 3:01 am  #8

It's definitely upbringing, that deemphasizes and perverts men natural instintcs and emotions. Crying is even good for cleansing one's subconscious but many men repress and stifle a lot of powerfull emotions and in time it weakens their sense of self..it's such a loss actually..And they come off as remote and unfeeling not just to their sweethearts but to everyone around. So this is why sometimes, many of those men escape into drinking, infidelity and self-distructive behaviour. Others just remain out of depth with this part of things that remains ''women's lore''' as some categorize it be them feelings, bonding, letting go, empathy, receptivity..
The wise ones transcend it and feel at ease. It's not a matter to analyse it Woundedpuppy, and don't hide it either. Maybe your man if it's aware of it at the right time he'll show you a part of himself you always longed to see. He'll just surprise you anyway. Maybe his relunctancy to cry has to do with fearing judgement from your part or if it turns you on he fears being engulfed in your fetish. So don't add a physical dimension to it, just let it unfofd if it ever happens to him to show you his crying ways..

Last edited by psychic_girl (April 26, 2013 3:03 am)

Woody Harrelson

April 30, 2013 2:13 am  #9

He just doesn't like crying - says it doesn't make him feel good and is "depressing" - but if he really, really needed to cry, I bet he would come to me to do it.  It would be only under the most extreme circumstances that he would feel that way, but I don't think my fetish would hinder him.

I know he's sensitive deep down because he doesn't like sad movies because he hates the feeling of being sad!  Which means he knows what feeling sad is... he just doesn't embrace it!

Board footera