You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 26, 2013 8:46 pm  #1

tears in sport/soccer

I was reading in the forum about different languages, especially about the german speaking and I would like to post you a german video in quite good quality. It is about the last soccer game of a Swiss soccer player called Alex Frei.
Type "Frei weint beim Abschied" in google (it's just found with the internet explorer) and select the bluewin link.
By the way: Alex Frei  he had a crying scene at the WM 2008 in the game Switzerland against the Czech republic when he was injured and realized, that he won't be able to go on playing. Unfortunately I can't find the scene anymore on youtube, it's just the pics an some articles about.

July 27, 2013 9:24 am  #2

Re: tears in sport/soccer

I guess it's no longer there, flatter. But thanks for bringing  up the thread about crying in sports .

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

July 27, 2013 2:53 pm  #3

here ist the link:
http://www.bluewin.ch/de/index.php/1069,67976/de/sport/fussball/videos/?asset_id=148322
I hope it works!

July 27, 2013 9:03 pm  #4

Here is an other small crying scene in an interview from an icescater called Stephan Lambiel. It starts around 50'. Lambiel is moved to tears when he is shown a short clip about his father who is proud of his son.

http://www.srf.ch/player/tv/stars/video/stars-extra-stephane-lambiel?id=0004c4a1-f954-44a6-8001-c33e5d90f481

July 28, 2013 10:16 am  #5

Wow, the clip with Lambiel is stunning !! I love it and the way the emotion builds up and the fact he doesn't hide it makes all the more captivating to watch. Too bad i don't understand German, i only know French and i understand that his coach praised him for his successes and kept on encouraging him despite a failure that he had at one point.

Thank you soo much for this, it's a great interview !

Last edited by psychic_girl (July 28, 2013 10:18 am)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

Board footera