You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 20, 2013 7:25 am  #1

almost no tears

I have to tell you something. Last summer I had a minor operation done. I had to stay in hospital because of complications for a few days. The hospital is a 13 story building and has a nice garden outside where you can go strolling around. There is a pavillon made of roses, some water, really nice. When I felt better I went outside towards the evening, the sun was shining and I walked around on the paths in the roses, I was allone in the garden, all the people and children which hat been playing earlyer had allready left and gone home. Because I was still a little bit week I decided to go back to my room and walked towards the house. I saw a window open somewhere in the 5th floor. I don't know why I was watching there at that specific moment, but I saw a person with a white night gown moving to the open window. It came to my mind like a bolt: what is this woman doing? She was standing at the open window for a moment then she climbed on the window sill. She was carring an infusionpost (where the drip hangs). I was shouting on the top of my lungs: "don't do it!" but she took this one step and fell out of the window head first. There was a white something in the air for some seconds and than a thumb and than it was quiet. I run towards the house as good as I could, there were sitting some ambulance men and I told them what I just saw. I was not hysteric just felt like hit by a car by this incidence. I had the feeling that the ambulancemen didn't take me seriously and I went back to my room. There I opened the window and watched out. I could see the person lying down on a little roof in front of the pediatric ward! After a few moments somebody climbed out of the window of the pediatric ward and shortly after there was a whole bunch of people standing there. I don't know how long this went on, I just know that at the end they took the corpse inside and they took a big hose and removed the mess, it was so unreal. When the nurse on my ward came in I told her what I saw, still being very calm. I she wanted to send me the pastor but I told her, that I don't have the time for him because my husband called me the moment before and was on his way to visit me together with our two children. I survived the visit, the following night and the next morning. The pastor came to talk with me about what I saw. I told her (it was a she) and she gave me some more information, that it was a woman having cancer, that she stayed there with the woman until she was really death. Tears were running down my cheeks when I told her but it was just the tears, no sobbing, no shaking voice. Last night I had a dream about the incidence it keeps coming back.  

October 20, 2013 9:52 pm  #2

Re: almost no tears

Sounds like this may possibly have triggered a case of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. That was a very traumatic event to witness, and it may mean you should talk with a therapist about it to help deal with the feelings you had and have.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

October 22, 2013 11:07 am  #3

I know ist is a post traumatic stress because I work myself with people having ptsd. I just was astonished about my own reaction. Everything is different if you are concerned yourself

October 23, 2013 3:08 am  #4

Exactly.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

Board footera