You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 24, 2011 12:10 pm  #1

Crying dreams

I'd love to hear about people's dreams that feature crying.  I usually only remember my dreams the morning of and forget them later on, so I don't remember any crying dreams right now that I can post about, but if I have a new one sometime, I'll try to post right away before I forget it.

September 24, 2011 12:28 pm  #2

Re: Crying dreams

Well, on the subject of my other thread, I had a dream about two people crying about two nights ago. One male and one female.

On the first dream, I accidently damaged something valuable belonging to my team leader at work. Her eyes teared up and she started wiping them. Then she looked at me and said something in a furious and tearful tone. She said, "You are such a [something], I'm am sick of your [something, something]".

The male crying dream was simpler. A man found out that someone died. He was walking around trying not to show how he felt. Then his bottom lip trembled hard and then bulged, tears started streaming out, but then he composed himself again. I remember feeling annoyed in this dream, because I wished he was a chick. I've had dreams before of women crying while doing the BLT, but I can't remember them.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

September 26, 2011 10:21 pm  #3

I really wish I could recall specific details in crying dreams but it's usually really vague. Most of the time when I try to make myself have a dream that features crying I end up dreaming about random stuff that makes no sense at all- anyone got any tips on how to get more vivid crying dreams?

September 30, 2011 10:35 pm  #4

Interesting question.  I usually dream about stuff that in some way connects with what I thought about that day, but sort of the stuff I hadn't quite worked out... it's like you have your conscious thoughts during the day and then your subconscious thoughts get worked out in your dreams.  How to get some crying in your subconscious?  I have absolutely no idea, but as a crazy experiment, I'm thinking to start by thinking about crying, but then create some sort of mental conflict around it... like create some tension within yourself like you don't know how you're going to resolve things and make sure NOT to try to figure it out... just shove the associated images and feelings deep down and distract yourself and get on with your day... and then the brain might try to work out the conflict that night and you get an interesting dream?

I am thinking for myself, I would think about some crazy situation where a friend of mine cried, but I'd purposely make it a very odd situation -- not make it my fantasy situation, because that's way too much in my conscious mind and I've already thought about it too many times.  So, like, I'd vividly picture that a friend of mine cried in a weird place for a weird reason... something where I'm not sure HOW I would act in the situation.  Then, after feeling the weirdness of it all, I'd purposely NOT try to figure out what I would do and not even let myself hope for a dream about it, but just get on with my day and try everything I can to FORGET about what I just thought about.  Then it would be interesting if I tried to resolve the conflict in my dreams.  I highly doubt this will work, but thought I'd throw in an idea, anyway.  Great question!

October 12, 2011 6:47 pm  #5

Ok, I had a crying dream last night. It was really long and involved, the kind of dream where you wake up and feel exhausted, but I'll just share the good part. There's a guy at my school I have a sort of half-crush on, mostly to distract me from my ex, and in the dream his father/grandfather had died. I was helping to bury him, and then I looked up and my friend had tears on his cheeks. I don't think anyone else noticed. I went over and rubbed his shoulders a little, and I think I might have kissed his head, I don't remember. Anyway, really nice dream (except for the part where I was shot in the stomach. That wasn't fun).
I've wondered a lot about how much this guy cries, and how he looks doing it. Now I can fantasize a little better.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

October 13, 2011 3:22 pm  #6

Meantangerine, that sounds like a good dream! Minus the getting-shot-in-the-stomach part, of course. I also always fantasize about certain guys crying, and on the occasions in which I've dreamed about the guy crying, it really enhances my subsequent imaginations.

I've fantasized many times about finally seeing my best friend cry, and one time, I had a really detailed dream about him crying. He sobbed in my arms about a situation that was actually occurring in his life (problems with his family). Anyway, I've imagined him sobbing in many different ways and situations, since I don't know exactly how he would do it, but I keep coming back to the image I have in my head of that dream. Now, if only he would actually break down and solve the mystery!

October 23, 2011 12:38 pm  #7

I had a very short crying dream the other night involving one of my favorite celebrities!!  yay!!  It was literally about a 10 second dream, but I was lucid enough that I actually managed to 'repeat' it in my head a second time right after.  Anyway, it was just him and another guy.  The other guy had an emotional story to share and was crying, and the celebrity (who I don't want to name) was so touched by this story that he started crying too.  But his hair was obscuring his face, so all I saw was the shaking of his sobs.  Still, it was hot.  It's the first time I've ever dreamed of him crying.

October 24, 2011 1:33 am  #8

Ooh! I haven't replied to this thread, yet.

I've only ever had two crying dreams, and both were lovely but too short.  One was about a friend of mine, let's call him N. The details of what happened leading up to the crying are a bit fuzzy, but I remember we were sitting in this random, dark room, and there was this couch, and for whatever reason (I believe there was a discussion leading up to it, or something, but even right after I couldn't remember) he started crying. I hugged him, and while he didn't cry on my shoulder exactly, I kept patting his back until he was done. Very pleasant, though odd, because N is not someone I particularly *want* to see cry, or someone I'm particularly close to or think about often. Haha, I'm not sure why it was him.

The second was long, and complicated, and had a plot, and involved George Weasely from Harry Potter. He looked a bit like the Oliver Phelps version, but also a little bit like my own little mental picture of the character. I had to break him out of prison, or something like that, and he started crying because of Fred. I remember, even during the dream, my mind was all like "YES!!" because this was something I had read fanfiction about, daydreamed about, and it was lovely to experience it. Even in a dream. So, yeah, haha.

I find that, though crying dreams are always nice, dreams in general leave me depressed/uncomfortable if they're about people I know in real life. Because I suddenly can't look at the person the same way. Fictional characters and celebrities are different, though.

October 24, 2011 9:38 pm  #9

It is a little weird to see someone the next day after you've dreamed about them crying. It's like you know something you shouldn't. I don't find that it's necessarily a bad feeling, though.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

October 30, 2011 8:53 am  #10

I had a brief crying dream last night. I was on YouTube and I managed to find a compilation video which was simply hot girls against a neutral background with tears running down their cheeks. Mostly it was just one tear down one side of the face, but there was one with tears down both sides. It was very brief and very short so it was a  bit lacking in detail though

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

Board footera