You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 6, 2013 12:08 am  #1

hobbies and interests?

other that crying gorgeousness, what are you into?

Tears are the last gift of true love.

December 6, 2013 6:04 am  #2

Re: hobbies and interests?

READING!!! If I don't read for at least a couple hours every day, I get terribly fidgity and anxious. I go through roughly 8 - 12 library books a week. I also watch TV, although less than I used to, and enjoy movies, live theater - anything cultural. 

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

December 8, 2013 6:44 am  #3

I also love reading, mostly nonfiction. My big, big, big love is animals-- I've ridden horses for 15 years (although now I live several hours away from my horse, so I don't get to ride very often. He's in my mother's care, and she also rides), and I try to get some time every week with my furred friends at the sanctuary where I volunteer. I studied German literature in college, and I'm trying my hardest not to let the language slip away from me. I guess my biggest hobby is self improvement and self education, which I think often go hand in hand. I try to read widely about the experiences of other people.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

December 8, 2013 11:57 am  #4

Beside my own business (100% and more), the family with two kids is not much time left for hobbies. I am never quite sure if I entitle the job or the family as hobby, just kidding! We have 2 cats, 4 rabbits, 1 piano, 1 violin and I got a pair of sneakers which I spend my time with. I like to dance with my husband and I play in a quartet with the violin on a regular basis. During wintertime we go skiing, in summer I like swimming... The day doesn't have enough hours for me, because I like to do so many things.

December 10, 2013 1:15 am  #5

Interesting.  We seem to have allot of  here. I'm a singer.  A soprano with a theatrical Broadway type voice. That's my biggest passion. But i also make jewelry out of crocheted wire. I have some  add a makeup artist but never really pursued it.
Anyone else? I'm fascinated by you folks

December 10, 2013 1:41 am  #6

I like to deer hunt and squirrel hunt, and I LOVE to fish.  Guess I'm somewhat of an outdoors addict.  I'm also a musician...mostly guitar but also a little mandolin, steel guitar, bass, whatever.   My favorite music is blues, but I also like bluegrass, Southern rock, and some jazz.  I've no use for pop, and rap gives me an earache!    I don't consider reading the Bible exactly a hobby, but I try to do it some every day, and it's been said that I know my way around in Sunday School.

December 10, 2013 2:16 am  #7

Wow you sound like a real down home American. I'd love to hear you play. Got any recordings?

December 10, 2013 6:34 am  #8

Wow, inmyarms, you're a singer? Many years ago I was a singer - not professional, but did perform quite a bit in both choirs and solo. I also did a bit of musical theater in high school, college, and some community.

When I moved to "the big city", I found my opportunities were more limited due to competition, degree of talent available, and work schedule.  Now that I'm old(er) my three octave range (F below Middle C to two octaves above Middle C) has narrowed considerably. I'm severely out of practice; the last time I sang in public was at my mother's memorial service. I sang "How Great Thou Art", which I'd also sung at my grandmother's service, and played on the piano at church when we dedicated the piano we bought in my grandfather's name. My father has said it has always been one of his favorites, so I'm already planning on performing it for his service as well. Not sure yet whether I'll have an accompanist, or if I should do it karaoke style with pre-recorded background music.

I really miss acting, though. Based on my vocal range now, I'd love to play the alto role in any of the Gilbert and Sullivan works - especially Katisha, Buttercup, or Ruth.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

December 10, 2013 3:58 pm  #9

i wouold love to hear it. i am no a professional singer but i am trained. my voi9ce is big and brassy. my father thinks i sound like ethel merman. and i do alot of local theater charity performances. we are currently doing mary poppins. im playing mniss andrews. (that character was not in the film. she was added for the broadway production). two years ago i played the headmistress in the sound of music. but you would absolutley get a kick out of this. my theater group is all female. so last year i pl;ayed professor higgins in my fair lady. it was....interesting. lololol. especially since im ample chested. i had to be bound down with saran wrap. ouch. and couldnt really sing since my singing voice is very feminine. but it was so much funnnn. no other woman has ever gotten the chance to play that part i am almost sure.

Last edited by inmyarms (December 10, 2013 4:00 pm)

December 20, 2013 6:20 am  #10

That's it? No one else has any hobbies, or fascination, our talent? C'mon guys! Let's get to know each other a bit.there's more top life than tears.not much more but still...

Board footera