You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 30, 2011 12:05 am  #1

Multilinguals help!

I want to talk about searching for pic and videos in other languages. I've used the language tools in google to roughly translate words for "crying" or "weeping" into languages such as Spanish, German, French etc. Searching with those words often gets results, but of course I'm totally rusty. So, is there anyone here who can speak Spanish, German, French or some other language fluently? If so, what are the correct words and phrases to use to search for crying picture or videos?

Ugly crying is pretty crying

September 30, 2011 3:22 pm  #2

Re: Multilinguals help!

I speak German not quite fluently. I'd look for "weinen" (weine, weint) or "heulen" (heule, heult) (which is more like "sobbing" with a negative connotation.) I'm afraid I don't know the idioms too well.
BadCr, am I right in thinking you're a native German speaker?

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

September 30, 2011 4:19 pm  #3

æ³£ă   is Japanese for "cry" or "to cry", so searching that gives me some results, but not usually too much.

September 30, 2011 4:20 pm  #4

for some reason it doesn't want to post the ending of the word, but just the kanji should suffice.

September 30, 2011 5:32 pm  #5

I am fluent in the scandinavian languages:

To cry =
At græde (danisk)
At grĂ¥ta (swedish)
Ă… grĂ¥te (norwegian)
And also: Ă¥ hulke ("to sob" in norwegian)

Tears are words the heart can't express...
-unknown-

September 30, 2011 10:55 pm  #6

TorNorth wrote:

I've used the language tools in google to roughly translate words for "crying" or "weeping" into languages such as Spanish, German, French etc.

Hahaha, I've done that too! I even remember it giving me loads of options in languages like Japanese and me trying them each out to see which worked best.

September 30, 2011 11:27 pm  #7

@meantangerine: I knew "weint" and "weinen" but didn't know the others. Thanks!

@Suckerformanlytears: Good stuff!

Ugly crying is pretty crying

October 1, 2011 12:55 am  #8

The German ones particularly help, because it seems that either this fetish is more common in Germany, or German crying scenes are just somehow more frequent/more attractive than most other ones I've found.  My two favorite channels, links to which I posted in the tissue thread, are German.

October 1, 2011 1:34 am  #9

meantangerine wrote:

I speak German not quite fluently. I'd look for "weinen" (weine, weint) or "heulen" (heule, heult) (which is more like "sobbing" with a negative connotation.) I'm afraid I don't know the idioms too well.
BadCr, am I right in thinking you're a native German speaker?

right... I*m in fact from there...   (gute Beobachtung Ă¼brigens) ^^

but I also speak french (I lived in France for almost 10 years...)

by the way the correct word for "sobbing" in German is "schluchzen"
heulen = basically the (loud) crying which mostly young children do, but it is used in every context with crying
but also dogs/wolves "heulen"
weinen = basically the meaning of shedding tears (independant of the noise level), but only a few people here use this word (they mostly say heulen)!
a word with a negative (or not serious) connotation =  flennen

October 1, 2011 1:53 am  #10

The German ones particularly help, because it seems that either this fetish is more common in Germany, or German crying scenes are just somehow more frequent/more attractive than most other ones I've found.  My two favorite channels, links to which I posted in the tissue thread, are German.

You say you did find attractive crying scenes /or even a channel in Germany ??? ^^ 

really curious how you came to this conclusion!  especially to the one that the fetish is more "common" here ? :X ?

Because I can affirm it*s the exact opposite!  already search for anything since years but the only things I find are anglophone...

Last edited by BadCr (October 1, 2011 1:57 am)

Board footera