You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 9, 2011 6:40 pm  #1

I'm back! And some obs

Hi guys,

I've been gone for awhile, partly because of the move, and partly because my mother is very ill. I'm actually back with her (and my BF) for now, and we'll have to see what happens as we go.

Anyway, with all this going on, there have obviously been some tears. I've probably cried about four times in the past two weeks. Three of the times were just a couple of tears down my cheeks, since I was trying not to be noticed. The other time, I was in my old bedroom at my parents' house with my BF, and I couldn't hold it in very well. I started sobbing, but I really didn't want my parents to hear me, since we've all been trying to be upbeat and everything. So I sobbed silently (which was extremely difficult) in my BF's arms for about ten minutes. I felt a bit better afterward. I also cried a bit in the car as I was driving with BF to the store. I was upset because my best friend is on vacation and I haven't heard from him for awhile, and I kind of really need his support right now. It's obviously not his fault, but I just really want him to call me and hurry back. Anyway, my voice was kind of shaky as I talked about it to BF, but I held back the tears (sorry to disappoint!) since I was about to go into the store and didn't want to be a mess in public.

My BF also broke down once, since he's very close to my mom and also really stressed out with his work schedule. He was teary all day about a week ago, and he kept having to wipe his face and take deep breaths. Then, that night, we went home by ourselves (everyone else was out) to do a few things, and he collapsed on the couch, sobbing rather hysterically. Remember, he also hasn't really cried in like a year, so... Anyway, he was a bit hesitant at first, since he felt so tightly wound up, but I sat down next to him and we pulled a blanket over us. He let a couple of tears fall down at first, but then he completely gave in to his pain and sobbed. He cried pretty hard as I held him tightly in my arms against my chest for about half an hour. His sobs were pretty loud and intense.

Anyway, we're just all hoping everything turns out well. I'll be posting more now, though. Hope everyone's doing well!!

October 9, 2011 7:04 pm  #2

Re: I'm back! And some obs

Welcome back. Sorry about your mother. My grandmother is currently very ill. My mother has been crying about it, though embarrassingly I haven't managed to summon any tears (all my grandparents live in another country). Hope it works out well.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

October 10, 2011 12:37 am  #3

Thanks, TorNorth. I'm so sorry about your grandmother too. I know, sometimes it's hard to summon tears even when you feel you "should" be. Actually, I've been struggling with that, too -- it's almost too strange to think about, and I don't want to give up the positive attitude. My boyfriend has definitely cried more than I have. At least that makes for some good observations! Also, a bit embarrassingly, I'm still very, very turned on by his sobbing, even though it's over my mother. Which is oddly comforting, in a way. At least I know I haven't lost myself during this crazy time!

October 10, 2011 6:51 pm  #4

Hi Carrotcake. It's nice to have you back, and I hope your mom is able to pull through this. It sounds like you have a wonderful family to lean on, and of course your lovely boyfriend. Stay strong!

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

October 11, 2011 11:24 am  #5

Oh, your BF sounds like a great guy!! How sweet to have him crying in your lap for soo long. But when that is said;  I am truly sorry
about your mother. I love my own mother very much and I would be devostated if something happened to her. I can imagine how hard it must be for you. Best of luck, and I hope your mother gets better soon. If your BF cries again; will you let us know?

Tears are words the heart can't express...
-unknown-

October 11, 2011 6:55 pm  #6

Thanks, meantangerine and suckerformanlytears! It is very difficult; I'm also extremely close to my mother.

And yes, I will definitely let you know if my BF cries again, don't worry! He was a little emotional last night, kind of overwhelmed, and I hugged him and comforted him, but he didn't cry.

October 15, 2011 4:17 am  #7

Really sorry to hear about your mother, Carrotcake.  Your boyfriend starting to cry after you pulled a blanket over yourselves is pretty hot, though.

Board footera