You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 20, 2011 11:48 pm  #1

Finally an OBS!

Well it's not much, but here it is.

I attended a "confidence building" workshop at work today. There was this one girl who talked about how she was bullied at school, how she felt she was being stereotyped, and how she felt ugly. When she was talking about feeling ugly, the upper part of her face suddenly crumpled. She said "sorry" and pulled out a tissue and covered her eyes with it. The guy running the lecture handed her more tissues, saying that he kept them handy for situations like this. The girls said, "I'll be back in a minute" and ran into the corridor with the tissues pressed against her face. She came back about two minutes later. Her eyes were puffy and she was still wiping them with the tissues.

This incident was quite unexpected because this girl is almost always aloof and even icy at times. But I guess she has some deep rooted issues.

Last edited by TorNorth (October 20, 2011 11:48 pm)

Ugly crying is pretty crying

October 21, 2011 4:38 am  #2

Re: Finally an OBS!

That's really hot, I'm not going to lie.  If I was in your shoes, I would have probably followed her and tried to talk to her.

October 21, 2011 11:12 am  #3

I dunno. She might have appreciated that. But then again she's moody and might have bitten your head off.

October 23, 2011 12:28 pm  #4

I'm impressed that this came from someone who is always aloof and even icy at times.  Icy bothers me period, and aloof, which can definitely be annoying at times, just makes me want to see them crack even more.  So I would definitely get some sort of thrill from watching someone like that crack unexpectedly.  I would feel sorry for them for whatever they were going through, of course... but I would probably like them more after that because I finally saw more of their human side!

October 23, 2011 3:13 pm  #5

I totally agree, woundedpuppy. If this were a man, I'd be all over it.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

October 29, 2011 9:50 pm  #6

Yes, I think there is a greater attraction to seeing "tough" people break down, rather than the ones that cry at the drop of a hat.

Board footera