You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 24, 2014 9:35 pm  #1

If you love guys crying, this is for you

I recently found this treasure full of gifs and pictures of guys crying from movies to everyday people posting pics of themselves. I think someone here already posted a tumblr for guys crying, but I think this one is different. Some pictures are the same, but most are different. And alot of them say what movie/tv show it is from. There are also links to some youtube videos as well. Also, I think someone in a previous discussion said they wanted to see Adam Scott cry, well there's a gif here showing him crying. Unfortunately, it doesn't say what movie it's from :/

Enjoy: http://guyscrying.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Coastergirl (February 24, 2014 9:40 pm)

There's just something about men crying that just....gosh it's just a feeling I can't explain ~yours truly

February 25, 2014 11:23 pm  #2

Re: If you love guys crying, this is for you

Wow - that's probably the largest collection of male tears on one single site.

Generally male tears do not do much for me beyond the scientific / social aspect of male crying and how they display that crying both to themselves and others - the differences between male and female emotions.

But, once before I was surprising 'turn on' watching a male film director shedding a tear while reviewing a film scene - he allowed a single tear to fall unchecked down his cheek and I think it was the movement of the tear that did it for me - it's flowing tears I really like in females as well.

Well this collection of male flowing tears did it again - several of the animated gif's of tears rolling down cheeks I found arousing even though the physical appearence of the guy does nothing for me so I'm sure now it is simply the flow and movement of tears that turns me on.

It also again squashes the theory some have that guys don't / can't shed tears. I recognised several different 'crying styles' here - and noticed that several of the 'tear rolling down the cheek' crying looked similar to my own crying style - if I allow myself to cry and let the tears flow freely - which I do when I'm alone or with a female that I trust (wife / friend).

Which led me to think, I'm sure all guys can cry with tears streaming down their cheeks if they allow it but it's the social conditioning that prevents them from letting go (even in private). Actor's because they are paid / required to show emotion and cry don't hold back and this is what you get.

People tend to think the difference between the volume of female tears and male tears (females generally viewed as shedding more flowing tears) is down to hormone differences - but after watching this - I'm not so sure it plays as big a part as some think.

Interesting - but perhaps only to me!  :o)

February 27, 2014 10:28 pm  #3

Oh my, there's some great stuff there.

tearhunter, I agree, I think it's social stigma that stops men from allowing their tears to flow. All the men I've seen actually cry have shed quite a few tears. I think if someone is uptight, they'll try to blink back the tears or dab them away before they fall. I've never actually seen someone cry in person without shedding any tears.

February 27, 2014 11:15 pm  #4

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

February 27, 2014 11:40 pm  #5

carrotcake wrote:

Oh my, there's some great stuff there.

tearhunter, I agree, I think it's social stigma that stops men from allowing their tears to flow. All the men I've seen actually cry have shed quite a few tears. I think if someone is uptight, they'll try to blink back the tears or dab them away before they fall. I've never actually seen someone cry in person without shedding any tears.

But, do you class wet eyes as shedding tears? I've seen a lot of people get emotional, and tears well up in their eyes but no actual tear leaves the eye. I've done this and I've seen my wife do it along with several female and male friends / work colleagues. I've seen more guys 'cry' like this than females - they are more likely to shed actual tears when they get upset. But, I know when I get wet eyes only I'm trying not to cry - if I was to let it go - tears would flow. So, I agree the lack of male tears is probably a social thing as much / perhaps more than a biological thing.

March 22, 2014 3:28 pm  #6

tearhunter wrote:

But, do you class wet eyes as shedding tears? I've seen a lot of people get emotional, and tears well up in their eyes but no actual tear leaves the eye. I've done this and I've seen my wife do it along with several female and male friends / work colleagues. I've seen more guys 'cry' like this than females - they are more likely to shed actual tears when they get upset. But, I know when I get wet eyes only I'm trying not to cry - if I was to let it go - tears would flow. So, I agree the lack of male tears is probably a social thing as much / perhaps more than a biological thing.

Exactly. I just mean that men might be more likely to feel social pressure to blink back the tears and not let them fall, but they are not actually biologically producing fewer tears. I've done the blinking back thing, too, especially if I'm in public. One example comes to mind: a couple of weeks ago, I was in a store, and something suddenly really reminded me of my mother. I felt tears welling up in my eyes, and I'm sure I could have shed them, but I was in public, and I just wanted to continue shopping. So I focused on getting myself out of the emotional state and allowing the tears to evaporate before falling down my face.

Board footera