You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 13, 2014 4:10 pm  #1

I think I'm over due for a nice long tantrum

So aside from my financial and health issues now they're is in law drama.just to make things fun. I can totally see the surreal if laying on the floor and kicking and screaming and throwing stuff. It makes perfect sense.I don't know why it's assumed that just became I'm an adult I would see the logic on not doing that.

Tears are the last gift of true love.

April 13, 2014 7:39 pm  #2

Re: I think I'm over due for a nice long tantrum

I wouldn't get dependent on throwing a shit fit as a way of relieving stress, no matter how bad the situation is. Training to be calm and patient is the answer.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

April 13, 2014 8:04 pm  #3

I do hope you realize I want actually contemplating having a tantrum.just musing on the fact that it may just have its perks.

April 14, 2014 12:19 am  #4

Trying to be calm and patient is great, but sometimes when you're alone, having a nice tantrum can be very cathartic!

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

April 14, 2014 12:56 am  #5

Have you tried channeling your frustration into exercise? It's always surprising how long I can run when I'm pissed off, and afterward I'm too tired to be mad anymore.

April 14, 2014 1:06 am  #6

My health issues make that difficult.

April 27, 2017 1:56 am  #7

Hmmm...well, I see no harm in throwing and hitting things  in order to relieve stress, but it depends on the individual. If it truly doesn't make you feel calmer afterwards but only more full of rage, then yeah, maybe exercise, a hot bath, a good cry, all three, or whatever else works.  But if someone feels better after breaking and throwing things, I'd say the best way to do it is to have an Anger Room or Tantrum Room or whatnot.  Fill the room with junky furniture and horrible dishes you hate, cheap stuff lol.  That at least would eliminate the letdown of having broken a lot of really valuable and treasured things.  
And yes, I know this thread is three years old, lmao.  I'm just navigating my way around but this peaked my interest. 

Last edited by La Llorona (April 27, 2017 1:58 am)

"People cry, not because they're weak. It's because they've been strong for too long." --Johnny Depp
"Cry to me...let it come, let it bleed...reach in and get it, and set it free." --Heart

May 18, 2017 11:04 pm  #8

I've never seen even one instance where throwing a tantrum made anything better.  May God send you a better way of doing things.  You are absolutely in my prayers.  Shoot me off a PM and let me know how you are.

May 19, 2017 1:59 am  #9

Handkerchief, speaking personally, I've had a couple of controlled tantrums that turned out to be VERY therapeutic. The first one had me beating a pile of cushions with a baseball bat while screaming "I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!" while being supervised by a therapist. The other one I did on my own, no screaming, but cushion beating with a whiffle ball bat for a set amount of time (5 minutes). If you set parameters for a controlled tantrum, it can really help ease the tension. 

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

Board footera