You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 8, 2011 10:25 pm  #1

Who has seen you cry...

I was talking to my wife about this the other night... How many people have seen you cry?  She reached the low thirties before she could not remember any more.
To be clear I am defining crying here as the other person will have witnessed a tear fall from your eyes - and also restricted to your adult life.

It would be interesting to know also the types of people you have cried in front of and whether they were male or female... only as many as you can remember, but if there are a huge number just the most memorable.
Oh and a little bit of detail would be interesting as well (not personal info) - don't ask for much do I  :o)

I'll start:

1) My Wife (Female) - too many times to count and she has definitely seen tears rolling down my cheeks.
2) Friend (Female) - my best female friend has seen me cry more than once - unchecked tears.
3) Friend (Male) - best male friend - and wife of best female friend - confess to trying to wipe the tears away but they would have been noticable.
4) Ex-Girlfriend 1 (Female) - breaking up is difficult - made sure she saw my tears!
5) Ex-Girlfriend 2 (Female) - Same as Ex-Girlfriend 1
6) Wife's Sister (Female) - talking about a difficult time, I just started crying with lots of tears - she started crying as well.
7) Work Colleague (Female) - around about same difficult time, talking while on a plane home from a business trip - wipe some of my tears away but not all.
8) Work Colleague (Female) - friend also, talking on a boozy night out - she was in tears also - unchecked tears.
9) Doctor (Male) - same difficult time - I was sobbing and didn't care if my tears where visible or not.
10) Mid-Wife (x2 Female) - Birth of my daugther - as I was holding my daugther I had no choice but to let the tears flow - mid-wife used a tissue to wipe some tears! - wonder if she had a crying fetish.
11) Breavement Counsellor (Female) - talking about same difficult time - I cried several time with this person - ranging from wet eyes to full blown sobbing.
12) Cousin (Female) - talking emotionally about her dad's (my uncle's) funeral - her words got to me too - for some reason I think I wiped my tears away this time.

There is probably a few more but I can't remember at the moment... but this is the majority of people over 10 - 15 years. Strangely enough my parents and brother do not feature!
Definitely prefer crying in front of women - if they are friends I don't tend to hide my tears from them.

So, over to you guys...

November 10, 2011 2:39 am  #2

Re: Who has seen you cry...

Not too many for me, I guess, as my "adult life" is quite short, lol.
1) Current boyfriend: too many times to count, I've seen him cry too, I usually don't try to hide it.
2) Ex boyfriend: Once when he was leaving for college (he cried a little too), once when we broke up.
3)Mom: A couple times, usually when I was home and didn't want to go back to school. I try to hide it with her.
4.) Male friend: Once when a pet died, twice when my boyfriend and I broke up. All three times I was sobbing really hard because the situation was so unbearable-- I think he has a skewed idea of how I actually cry (not usually that intense).
5.) Female friend-- Once when the same pet died (they were both in the room), and once after my breakup.

I do feel more comfortable crying in front of men, I guess, because it feels more acceptable. They sort of expect a woman to cry in a bad situation. With my girlfriends I try to be tougher because none of us are really "criers." I lived with my two roommates for two years and I never saw either of them cry.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

November 11, 2011 12:41 am  #3

In my adult life, no one.

As a kid, lots of people.

I think a better question would be, who has seen you cry and probably enjoyed it? ;)

Ugly crying is pretty crying

November 11, 2011 8:47 pm  #4

Family mostly and other people but as a kid I think a lot of people I don't remember who though wish I could remember who they were.

Last edited by raindance85 (November 11, 2011 8:48 pm)

November 12, 2011 12:33 am  #5

Hmmm.... well, I only turned eighteen two years ago (and still don't really consider myself an adult, being a student, but I'll count from turning eighteen onwards) so not as many as I'd have expected, seeing as I cry quite often....

My ex-boyfriend on several occasions, many of my uni friends when I cried at a restaurant recently (maybe I should post about that as a self-obs some time, it was quite a crying episode), my parents, home friends when we went to see a film, and my Director of Studies at university when I had a mini-meltdown to her last term.

October 20, 2017 12:01 pm  #6

Sorry to dissapoint you Tearhunter, but the only person who has seen me cry in my adult life is my wife.
A little bit of detail I know you will enjoy. She has seen me cry too many times to count, unchecked tears, which sometimes she tenderly wipe and kiss away.

October 21, 2017 1:12 pm  #7

This is an old thread... almost 6 years since I asked the question... and what a difference those 6 years have made to my list of people who have seen me cry! I would need to work it out but reckon it's easily climbed from the 12 listed in 2011 to probably 30 odd!! Most of them in the last 2 years but it's been an incredibly difficult last 2 years!

​Amans lacrimae, you mentioned in your introduction post that you suffered from depression which caused you to cry more. Did you see anyone for your depression? If you did, did you not cry with this person? 

​Yes, wife's do tend to be ones to witness tears more than anyone else in our lives! Can't imagine how many tears my wife as seen, wiped away, kissed away!

October 21, 2017 1:17 pm  #8

I honestly just relied on God, prior to that, before the depression, I had training with psychologists and it was honestly not a very good experience, well the good part was the obs I got to see and even the chance to wipe tears from a couple of girls. I don´t think psychologists work for me. And it did last several months, I went on prayer and fasting, looking for God´s will. I did not find it then, but at least got distracted and had a purpose, which was enough to get out of the depressive state.

March 20, 2018 12:55 am  #9

TearsOnCheeks wrote:

I have cried in front of my girlfriend. I have also cried on cue in front of her multiple times (I am actually quite good at crying on cue, i.e., bringing tears to my eyes, not really cry emotionally) and allowed her to kiss/wipe my tears as they rolled down my cheeks (she knew that I wasn't crying emotionally, that my tears were fake). There was also this occasion when I was really tired and my eyes were watering quite a bit that the tears were on the verge of overflowing, and she wiped my eyes with her fingers. I dread the prospect of someone else seeing me cry, but I actually like letting my tears flow in front of my girlfriend and letting her wipe them.

Wow, one of the few males who likes to have his tears wiped, it seems you have a dachryphiliac girlfriend. Has she ever wiped emotional tears from your eyes? What is your main feeling when she wipes/kisses your tears?

March 20, 2018 1:40 pm  #10

TearsOnCheeks wrote:

No, my girlfriend is not like that. I don't think she likes tears. And she hasn't wiped emotional tears from my eyes. I've only cried a couple of times in front of her (on one of those occasions, she was crying too and I did wipe her tears), and on both occasions, there was high probability that somebody else might interrupt us, so I didn't let my tears run down my face. I wiped my eyes before they could. I don't know how to describe how I feel when she wipes my tears. I guess I'm just thankful that she doesn't find me weird and actually lets me do it (cry on cue) and wipes my tears.

Question, so you cry on cue out of the blue? At first I thought your girlfriend asked you to cry on cue, so when she sees your fake crying she just wipes and kisses your tears without any further reaction?

Board footera