You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 11, 2011 8:50 pm  #1

a small observation

My best male friend cries a lot, but he does it so no one notices. He doesn't make any noise, and usually wipes any tears before they really fall. His crying doesn't really do much for me, but I'll post it anyway.

So we all watch this really good tv show together. He's seen the whole series already and is catching me up, along with two of our other friends. He isn't embarrassed about crying, so last night before we watched this really emotional episode he said, "Just warning you guys, I'm going to cry through this whole thing." He then asked me if I wanted to trade massages. I said, "No, but I'll put my arm around you if you cry." (A note: He's a lot more affectionate as a friend than I am, so he always gets really excited when I do affectionate things. Also, our entire friendship is based on facetiousness, so this whole exchange was said jokingly.) So we watched the episode and when he looked at me with tears in his eyes, I put my arm around him. He was dabbing at the corners of his eyes for a while, but I didn't really see much.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

November 11, 2011 9:01 pm  #2

Re: a small observation

Aww thats a nice obs thanks for sharing.

November 12, 2011 11:37 pm  #3

You really are so lucky.  Thanks for posting, even if it didn't really do much for you.  I feel like the knowledge that a guy is emotional (like he admits to feeling emotional or warns about being emotional) does a lot for me, even if I don't get to see tons of physical evidence.

November 19, 2011 8:38 pm  #4

Nice obs!  I like it when guys are that open and honest about their feelings, even if you didn't see much in the way of tears.

I have to ask...what was the show?

November 20, 2011 4:12 pm  #5

lol it's Battlestar Galactica.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

Board footera