You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 4, 2014 4:18 pm  #1

Bunch of brief observations (F)

It's been a while since I've seen anyone (other than my wife) cry for a long time or in an interesting way. I've just seen little glimpses.

First was at my school, after my group had given a long presentation and we had received some harsh (but fair) criticism. One of my group members was an Albanian woman in her late thirties or early forties, with brown eyes and shoulder-length light brown hair. We were walking to the parking lot and she began to get upset about the feedback we had received. We stopped at the elevator and she turned to me with eyes utterly brimming with tears, fanned her hand in front of her face, and then her face crumpled and she did a closed mouth lip curl for about five seconds. No tears fell, but her eyes and nose became really red.

Second was also at school. A blue-eyed blonde girl who was probably 18 or 19 walked really quickly past me. I had seen her approaching from a distance and she was wiping her hand across her cheeks, so I kept watching her as she came closer. As she sped past me I saw a closed-mouth lip curl (very full lips!) and teary eyes and cheeks.

Third was outside a shopping center. An employee (African-American, late twenties) was sitting on a bench with a cigarette in her right hand, looking at the cell phone in her left hand. There were tear streaks running down both sides of her nose. She was alternating taking a draft of her cigarette, and then wiping her nose with the same hand while she blew the smoke out. No lip curl.

My sister and her boyfriend were playing a video game at our home last night for about an hour. She shed one fat tear about ten minutes in, and then one more at the end. Her boyfriend made her laugh and wiped her tears with his sleeves. Clearly that kid knows how to handle a crying girl, and I approve

Last edited by truffle (October 4, 2014 4:43 pm)

October 4, 2014 4:58 pm  #2

Re: Bunch of brief observations (F)

Yes huh. Women crying while playing video games, is that going to be a new thing? Coincidentally, my latest video posting has one of those.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

October 4, 2014 5:10 pm  #3

The game is called The Last of Us and, in her defense, it was a pretty sad scene. I looked at your last video post, and I didn't see the video you're talking about. Can you post it again please?

October 5, 2014 4:11 am  #4

I'm so aging myself but when I think about video games I'm picturing crying over sonic the hedgehog.

Tears are the last gift of true love.

October 5, 2014 11:41 am  #5

Ah...turns out I haven't posted it. Please check the thread again, I've edited it.

October 12, 2014 3:04 am  #6

Off too see.  I'm also increasingly fascinated by videos of otherwise masculine young men who think it is imperfectly normal to film themselves crying to anime. The fact that crying over cartoons online is perfectly acceptable where crying over real life stress would not be is fascinating to me

Tears are the last gift of true love.

January 4, 2015 9:07 pm  #7

A few more frustrating glimpses:

First, there was a blonde woman in her early thirties doing a closed-mouthed lip curl while coming toward me down the sidewalk. I think she was trying to hide her face by turning away from the people who were walking in the opposite direction. However, she was turning her face toward a building with very reflective glass, so I saw her lip curl in the reflection. She looked a lot like Hayley Atwell, except with blonde hair.

Second was in a shopping mall. A brunette girl in her late teens was talking animatedly on her phone. No lip curl, but her face was red and there was a tear streak on her right cheek. She also walked past me really fast.

Third was while I was driving past the scene of a car accident. A gorgeous young woman with short brown hair was standing next to her totaled car, sobbing her heart out with a huge lip curl while being hugged by an older woman.

January 5, 2015 12:54 am  #8

Great stuff! You are one to envy. I could only dream of getting this many obs, no matter how small.

January 6, 2016 9:23 am  #9

Happy new year. Here are more glimpses that don't really warrant individual posts:

A waitress at a chain restaurant was standing behind the cash register to my left, clearly becoming upset. She was in her late thirties, short brown hair, bright pink lipstick. She put her head down in her left hand and I saw her do a closed-mouth lip curl while two other female employees tried to sooth her by rubbing her back and brushing her hair away from her face. She then looked up and walked away from the register and walked past me into the kitchen, still doing a closed-mouth lip curl. When she sniffled, it looked like her whole face crunched upward. I've never seen anyone sniffle quite like that. No tears that I could see.

Another observation in a shopping mall: A young woman (maybe 22-23 years old, blonde, beautiful, slightly overweight) was sitting in a poorly lit alcove next to a store that was closed. She was talking on her cell phone. Her face was red and she was wiping her nose. She had a very slight lip curl while she was just listening. Every time she spoke, her chin wrinkled more and her lips contorted, and when she finished her sentences and stopped talking, her lips held in a more intense open-mouthed curl for about two seconds, before reverting to that slight lip curl that she had initially. I wasn't close enough to see the tears that must have been there.

A nurse at my place of work was sitting in a call room, reading something on her computer. I only caught a glimpse as I was walking by. She is Chinese, late thirties with short hair and glasses. Her mouth was contorted but not curled. I heard a quiet sob the moment I had passed her door.

I was at a movie theater with a female friend. Mid 20's, Ethiopian, shoulder-length hair. She was sitting to my right. Twice during the movie (15 minutes apart) I looked over and saw a tear rolling down her left cheek. The first time she let the tear fall unchecked. The second time, she used her sleeve to wipe the tear from her left cheek and one from the right (which I did not see). No lip curl. When the movie had ended and we got up, I saw that the girl behind me had been crying and was pressing a tissue to her eyes. I could see her foundation was streaked but her mascara had held up quite well. I'd already seen the movie once before and so I didn't cry this time around.

I plan to post a few full observations of myself and others. Hopefully the lovers of female crying are still around. 

Last edited by truffle (January 6, 2016 10:04 am)

January 6, 2016 11:22 am  #10

I need a real life observation like these so bad! I've resorted to asking certain female co-workers if they want to have a staring contest to see if they cry, but it never works

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

Board footera