You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 28, 2015 5:57 pm  #1

I don't know if this is allowed, but I must ask...

How old are you guys? The reason I ask this is because I am very young. I'm still a kid. And a lot of people I see around here are talking about their houses, husbands, wives, etc. and it gets me to wondering the age of most people here. Again, I'm sorry if asking this is not allowed, I'm just curious.

"Sometimes, the best way to help someone is just to be near them."
-Veronica Roth

February 28, 2015 10:47 pm  #2

Re: I don't know if this is allowed, but I must ask...

Personally, I'm old enough to be your grandmother. (I'm 53)

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

March 1, 2015 1:08 am  #3

caircair wrote:

Personally, I'm old enough to be your grandmother. (I'm 53)

Wow! I'm only 15. How long have you known you were dacryphilic?

-Veronica Roth

March 1, 2015 5:08 am  #4

Honestly? I can't really remember when I wasn't dacryphilic.

I do remember once having a dream when I was about 8 or 9 years old. In the dream I'd won a game show, the prize was a date with the tv star I had a crush on. During the date, he wanted to show me where he grew up, which was an abandoned old house. He lived on the 2nd floor, so we went up the back stairs. Inside it was empty except for two chairs (like dining room chairs) and everything was covered in dust.
When we got inside, he started to get teary. I sat down in one of the chairs, he sat in the other and started to tell me about how hard it had been, growing up there, when he suddenly burst into tears, kneeled on the floor, and started sobbing into my lap. Even now, that dream was so vivid I can tell you exactly what the set of the game show looked like, what color the house was, exactly what the chairs looked like, etc.

Weirdly enough, the ONLY person I NEVER want to see cry is my father (and yes, he's still alive at age 86.) I've often wondered if that may have been where it all started. My mother gave birth to a stillborn boy four days after my third birthday, and it's possible I heard Dad crying then. But I have no actual memory of that time.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

March 1, 2015 5:23 am  #5

caircair wrote:

Honestly? I can't really remember when I wasn't dacryphilic.

I do remember once having a dream when I was about 8 or 9 years old. In the dream I'd won a game show, the prize was a date with the tv star I had a crush on. During the date, he wanted to show me where he grew up, which was an abandoned old house. He lived on the 2nd floor, so we went up the back stairs. Inside it was empty except for two chairs (like dining room chairs) and everything was covered in dust.
When we got inside, he started to get teary. I sat down in one of the chairs, he sat in the other and started to tell me about how hard it had been, growing up there, when he suddenly burst into tears, kneeled on the floor, and started sobbing into my lap. Even now, that dream was so vivid I can tell you exactly what the set of the game show looked like, what color the house was, exactly what the chairs looked like, etc.

Weirdly enough, the ONLY person I NEVER want to see cry is my father (and yes, he's still alive at age 86.) I've often wondered if that may have been where it all started. My mother gave birth to a stillborn boy four days after my third birthday, and it's possible I heard Dad crying then. But I have no actual memory of that time.

That's amazing! I love it when I have dreams like that (I barely have any, unfortunately). But it's about the same exact thing for me even though I'm so young. I can't really remember when I wasn't dacryphilic either. I DO remember that I started getting that fuzzy feeling about it when I was five... but even before then, I've always had a thing for when people cry, I don't know if it had to do with an early event in my life or if it just randomly emerged out of nowhere. But I noticed it at a very young age (the same with all of my fetishes) like you. Sometimes I wonder why I have to be the weird girl that's had bizarre fetishes since I was two.

-Veronica Roth

March 1, 2015 10:26 am  #6

i am 41. my first memory was when i was about 3 or 4 and my older brother was crying. oddly i only want to see actors crying or people i dont know. i dont want to know the reason they are crying for. i might sublimate the whole thing.
i experienced a lot of crying in my life, also from men, since i lost a child (cribdeath). in this period of my life, which was the hardest of course, i wasnt interested in this fetish, not at all. everybody was crying around me, also men friends, my husband of course.... and dacryphilia was not a topic.
only after a time, the dacryphilia came back. but since i am still traumatized from this experience i can never ever watch (in movies or for real) people grieve for a child. this gets my so hard, that I have to - figuratively speaking - escape from the situation. 
i hope, you can understand what i mean, since english is a foreign language for me.

March 1, 2015 1:18 pm  #7

Just a reminder: Though it is not against the rules, it is RECOMMENDED that someone is 18 and over to view this forum or post in it. Many dacryphiliacs on this forum see crying as an emotional experience, but keep in mind that others see it as as something sexual and so some sexual discussion will always be present.

There is a disclaimer about this issue in the rules section, which should be read before joining or viewing. At the moment the responsibility is with the individuals (and their guardians) to control what they view. However, keep in mind that I may change the rules and decide to ban all under 18s from the forum. This would be for reasons of safeguarding for all concerned, and also to prevent the forum from getting nerfed by the site admins (which happened once before). I am on the fence about this issue.

Lastly keep in mind that photos and videos of any individuals posted must be over 18. This includes posters putting up photos of themselves.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

March 1, 2015 2:55 pm  #8

I'm 24 

March 1, 2015 4:37 pm  #9

abcd1234 wrote:

i am 41. my first memory was when i was about 3 or 4 and my older brother was crying. oddly i only want to see actors crying or people i dont know. i dont want to know the reason they are crying for. i might sublimate the whole thing.
i experienced a lot of crying in my life, also from men, since i lost a child (cribdeath). in this period of my life, which was the hardest of course, i wasnt interested in this fetish, not at all. everybody was crying around me, also men friends, my husband of course.... and dacryphilia was not a topic.
only after a time, the dacryphilia came back. but since i am still traumatized from this experience i can never ever watch (in movies or for real) people grieve for a child. this gets my so hard, that I have to - figuratively speaking - escape from the situation. 
i hope, you can understand what i mean, since english is a foreign language for me.

Wow, I'm so sorry about your loss. I can definitely see why that would change dacryphilia for you.

-Veronica Roth

March 1, 2015 4:41 pm  #10

TorNorth wrote:

Just a reminder: Though it is not against the rules, it is RECOMMENDED that someone is 18 and over to view this forum or post in it. Many dacryphiliacs on this forum see crying as an emotional experience, but keep in mind that others see it as as something sexual and so some sexual discussion will always be present.

There is a disclaimer about this issue in the rules section, which should be read before joining or viewing. At the moment the responsibility is with the individuals (and their guardians) to control what they view. However, keep in mind that I may change the rules and decide to ban all under 18s from the forum. This would be for reasons of safeguarding for all concerned, and also to prevent the forum from getting nerfed by the site admins (which happened once before). I am on the fence about this issue.

Lastly keep in mind that photos and videos of any individuals posted must be over 18. This includes posters putting up photos of themselves.

Thank you for the reminder. I remember reading the disclaimer when I first joined, and when I was signing up. Even though I am a bit young, as much as I hate to say it, I see it as a sexual fetish as well. So it won't bother or offend me too much. But thank you for clarifying the disclaimer, and if users under 18 do end up being banned, I can wait a few years probably.

-Veronica Roth

Board footera