You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 12, 2011 11:35 pm  #1

haven't had an observation in a while

So, this weekend I went to visit my boyfriend in Virginia, where he's at school. We've had some tough times this fall, but we're doing okay now. On the second night of my visit, he got pretty quiet. I knew something was wrong, but I didn't want to push it and figured he would talk when he was ready. We were sitting in a secluded place, but it was still public. He was yawning a lot, and a couple tears came from his eyes, but I couldn't tell if it was from emotion or yawning. He wiped them away. After a while, he said in a shaky voice, "Let's go to my room." So we did. He sat on his bed and put a box of tissues next to him (he knew he would need them). I sat facing toward him and lay across his chest and held him. A little while passed, and we talked some. He took some shaky breaths, but he wasn't really crying. He needed to. I told him, "You can cry if you need. It's okay." He whimpered, "Okay," and immediately started quietly sobbing. (I loved that power of suggestion I had. Wish I could do that all the time.) He sobbed for a little while then felt better. I have a hard time telling how many tears he usually sheds, because when he cries it's usually into my shoulder. But anyway, his eyes and cheeks were all wet when he was done.

He cried again when I left (I did too). This time we wiped each other's tears away with our fingers, and I kissed the corners of his eyes. It was really sweet.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

December 13, 2011 6:11 am  #2

Re: haven't had an observation in a while

Awww thats such a sweet obs I loved reading it, thanks for sharing.

December 13, 2011 10:43 pm  #3

Amazing post - thank you for being so open in sharing it with us.

In my opinion crying with a partner (wife) - where both sides are in tears creates a powerful connection between the two individuals.
Both my wife and I have cried together countless times over the years - tears streaming down our cheeks.

But allowing the other person to look after those tears even though they can hardly see though their own tears is a unquie bond.
My wife will kiss my tears and then kiss my mouth - which means I get to taste my salty tears!

You have a very special relationship going on I think.

December 16, 2011 4:49 am  #4

That is a very sweet obs.  It sounds so nice to have someone who will be that emotionally open and honest with you, and someone who will be understanding when you need to share tears/emotions as well.    Lucky both of you.

December 19, 2011 10:44 pm  #5

Thanks, guys!

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

December 22, 2011 6:25 pm  #6

Aww, so cute, thanks for sharing! I recently got a new boyfriend who says he hardly ever cries, and I haven't seen him do it, so I kinda pictured him in your boyfriend's place while reading - such a hot image!

Board footera