You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 27, 2015 5:00 pm  #11

Re: A self obs

TorNorth wrote:

Carrotcake, your lips are becoming quite an enigma! You insist that you're in the "Occasional" category, but if your lip stays curled in the duration of a sobbing period, I'd personally stick you in the "Full" lip curl category. This is unless there were times when you sobbed (without talking) but your lip didn't curl. If you do film yourself and let us see it, I''ll try to solve this epic mystery.

One more question: During a full sob is it a large bulging lip curl, a thin "pulled in" curl or somewhere in the middle?

The reason that I chose "occasional" is that I THINK (I'll be able to answer with more accuracy if I get a film) that often, my lips are more tightly pulled back than bulging. During this particular sobbing session, I felt a chin bulge, which I don't always feel. Maybe not quite as large and intense as some people's chins/lips, but definitely employing the chin and not just the lips. I'm also interested in how much chin looks when it quivers pre-crying: is it wrinkled and slightly bulging, or is it just quivering vertically and mostly in the lip? All questions a film should answer.

Also, perhaps our definitions of BLT are slightly different. I don't think of the tightly pulled back lips as exactly a bulge, and I don't find it quite as appealing as one that employs the chin and a more prominent curling of the lower lip.

July 27, 2015 7:03 pm  #12

carrotcake wrote:

] Also, perhaps our definitions of BLT are slightly different. I don't think of the tightly pulled back lips as exactly a bulge, and I don't find it quite as appealing as one that employs the chin and a more prominent curling of the lower lip.

I think the definitions may be different. I like to use the term "lip curl" nowadays instead of lip bulge or BLT. The "minimum" requirement of a lip curl for me is when the mouth is open (without talking) and the chin is wrinkled, even if the bottom lip isn't particularly curly or bulgy. My theory is that the wrinkling of the chin with the mouth open is caused by the curling of the lower lip, even if it's a very mild curl. I know that if the crying becomes more intense, the lip will curl or bulge more. The actual "bulge" for me is when the lip has curled into a large shape and size - which is what I like the most (and you do too, if I understood correctly). However, if the lip is curled but not particularly "bulgy", I can still enjoy it. 

Ugly crying is pretty crying

July 28, 2015 4:16 pm  #13

TorNorth wrote:

carrotcake wrote:

] Also, perhaps our definitions of BLT are slightly different. I don't think of the tightly pulled back lips as exactly a bulge, and I don't find it quite as appealing as one that employs the chin and a more prominent curling of the lower lip.

I think the definitions may be different. I like to use the term "lip curl" nowadays instead of lip bulge or BLT. The "minimum" requirement of a lip curl for me is when the mouth is open (without talking) and the chin is wrinkled, even if the bottom lip isn't particularly curly or bulgy. My theory is that the wrinkling of the chin with the mouth open is caused by the curling of the lower lip, even if it's a very mild curl. I know that if the crying becomes more intense, the lip will curl or bulge more. The actual "bulge" for me is when the lip has curled into a large shape and size - which is what I like the most (and you do too, if I understood correctly). However, if the lip is curled but not particularly "bulgy", I can still enjoy it. 

That makes sense. In that case, I definitely do a lip curl. You're correct that the "bulge" is what I like most. I also like for the lower lip to be pulled more downward than simply back, so that the lower corners of the mouth/bottom teeth are visible. Obviously, this often creates the "bulge" in the lip/chin, but I've noticed in the past couple of years that the visibility of the back corners of the bottom row of teeth is also a real turn-on for me. Interesting...

July 28, 2015 4:39 pm  #14

I also like for the lower lip to be pulled more downward than simply back, so that the lower corners of the mouth/bottom teeth are visible. Obviously, this often creates the "bulge" in the lip/chin, but I've noticed in the past couple of years that the visibility of the back corners of the bottom row of teeth is also a real turn-on for me. Interesting

Oh yes! The bottom lip pulled downwards and outwards, with a bulge in the middle and the lower teeth showing from the sides is the perfect lip curl for me.

I assume you're picturing something like this: http://cryinglipcurling.tumblr.com/image/30239905770

Ugly crying is pretty crying

July 28, 2015 11:30 pm  #15

Yes, that's a great pic! Also, this:

http://cryinglipcurling.tumblr.com/post/30126051104

I love the visibility of the teeth. I'd like to see her face from the front, too.

Also good:

http://cryinglipcurling.tumblr.com/post/104154086278/chloe-ogorman

Board footera