You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 15, 2016 3:37 am  #1

The Different Flavors of Crying

I've probably mentioned this on here previously, that I have always thought of a woman's crying as a specific vintage of fine wine, or like a warming glass of my favorite brandy, to be savored tenderly and carefully, being certain to allow every nuance of flavor to permeate my palate and imprint itself on my memory. 

I can recall at an instant exactly how every woman cried who has ever shared her tears with me. I can tell you exactly what they sounded like, what their facial expressions were like, how teary they were, how hard they sobbed, what tended to trigger their crying, what worked well to comfort them, the different types of cries that they each had from and what situations would draw them from within their banks of emotions. I can recognize patterns and tendencies, I find myself sometimes grouping specific types of criers by some specific or arbitrary criterion, I can someone even guess and extrapolate the way a woman will cry before I've seen it happen. 

How many of you out there are connoisseurs like this? Do you drink deep of your lover's tears? Do you bathe your heart in the bittersweet liquor of their emotions? What nuances of flavor do you notice and love noticing? Are there any very interesting or unique types of crying that you've been fortunate to witness? I'd love to hear other's thoughts on this. 

"Bless me now with your fierce tears..."

May 22, 2016 2:41 am  #2

Re: The Different Flavors of Crying

Sadly not really, since I like men crying and they rarely do.

But with men, especially actors I have worked with, I have noticed that there are guys whose tears stream down their faces and those whose well in their eyes. In my experience the more conventionally masculine a guy is, the more his eyes just well rather than spilling. These are the same guys who tend to get really stuffed-up sounding and their voices get lower, maybe because so much stuff is kept inside.

The one actor I fooled around with this year who cried on command for me was a weeper. Tears fell down his cheeks. Not as many as most women, but the ones that did were very specific and pronounced. And he was one whose voice grew higher/younger sounding. This was maybe because he was more of a boyish type and young.

May 22, 2016 9:29 pm  #3

You write like a poet.  You have the very rare privilegeto have lovers who will cry for you.  For most of us we only get to taste very rarely of these flavors and not very deeply.  Mostly from observations.  That's why I so look forward to your posts.  These stew so intimate and your descriptions are so detailed is like being there.  The only thing better would be a video.  But I assume that's not happening.

May 24, 2016 3:06 pm  #4

inmyarmsagain wrote:

The only thing better would be a video. But I assume that's not happening.

I would love it if I could get one some time, but idk if that will be in the cards. Can't say that I haven't thought about it, though. 

I'm sure quite a few people around here would have loved to watch the girl who I dated in senior year of college cry. I realize in retrospect that she had that curled lip effect that so many around here seem to love. 

"Bless me now with your fierce tears..."

October 19, 2017 6:49 pm  #5

I don't consider to be a pro like you describe, but I have witnessed a few girls, including a good friend of mine and my wife, gradually change their mood, it is like a shadow of sadness slowly crawling on them. Face grows gloomy, stare at the ground, when returning to eye level, tears start to build and you can see the watery eyes, filling to full capacity, sometimes slow, other times faster. The magical moment when the eyes are full and the first tear(s) fall is stunningly beautiful. It can vary, breathing may stay normal, become ragged, or loud sobbing can happen. It can also be a single tear, either slowly making a trail down the cheeks or the border of the nose, or a fast, barely visible tear that falls straight without skin contact. Also could be a couple of tears, a steady amount of tears making trails on the cheeks, or tears bursting and flooding the face, leaving it completely wet, with no visible streaks.
One important  aspect  for me is the reaction when this happens.
Could be hiding face in hands, wipe eyes before tears overflow, wipe tears as soon as they escape the eye, wipe all tears from cheeks, wipe some tears allowing them to leave streaks, or, my favorite, allow tears to streak cheeks without interfering. Two big pluses to make the crying perfect  for me: if she looks for me to hold her either when about to cry or when starting to cry, the second is, allowing me to kiss some tears, wipe others and wipe the tear streaks left.
Well, that is what I see and look for when a good female friend is crying.

Last edited by Amans lacrimae (October 22, 2017 10:16 am)

Board footera