You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 4, 2016 10:46 pm  #1

Michael Fassbender in "After the Funeral" (Agatha Christie's Poirot)

Huge tears + Extreme handsomeness = 

June 4, 2016 10:59 pm  #2

Re: Michael Fassbender in "After the Funeral" (Agatha Christie's Poirot)

You've found it!!

June 5, 2016 1:42 am  #3

This is just beautiful. Thank you Tristana!

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

June 5, 2016 11:47 pm  #4

Wonderull picture, this is even better then the single tear he cries in Shame !

Last edited by psychic_girl (June 5, 2016 11:47 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

June 6, 2016 2:23 am  #5

However, the single tear in "Shame" was unscripted. He was watching the actress perform for the first time and was so moved he teared up. You can see the others teasing him about it. I thought it was sweet.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

June 6, 2016 8:06 pm  #6

Oh caircair, i didn't know the story behind the one in Shame. I read it and now i can see it in a different light

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

June 7, 2016 2:56 am  #7

Caircair, that is interesting considering his tears weren''t in the script during the phone conversation in 'The Counselor' as well.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

June 7, 2016 3:39 am  #8

I know, right? somehow, knowing he's a crier only makes his crying scenes that much more interesting. I've often wondered if the best "criers" are actual criers in real life. I do know Colin Firth has said he is NOT a crier, generally, unless it's for a scene, and Jason Isaacs has admitted he cries at the drop of a hat - or whenever he sees a telephone commercial.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

June 7, 2016 5:04 pm  #9

caircair wrote:

I know, right? somehow, knowing he's a crier only makes his crying scenes that much more interesting. I've often wondered if the best "criers" are actual criers in real life.

I completely agree.  Knowing that the crying was unscripted really heightens my enjoyment of the scenes in both Shame and The Counselor. I think that best kind of crying often results from someone being genuinely and unexpectedly moved by something. 

I feel like a lot of my favorite actors -- at least in terms of crying-scenes -- describe themselves as being easy criers in real life.  It's possible that it allows them to cry in a more natural, effortless way.  I'd much rather see an actor struggle not to cry than struggle to cry.  

Also, I captured a screenshot from the same episode. I love how sad he looks here. 

June 8, 2016 4:41 am  #10

caircair wrote:

I know, right? somehow, knowing he's a crier only makes his crying scenes that much more interesting. I've often wondered if the best "criers" are actual criers in real life. I do know Colin Firth has said he is NOT a crier, generally, unless it's for a scene, and Jason Isaacs has admitted he cries at the drop of a hat - or whenever he sees a telephone commercial.

That is ironic about Colin Firth, since he is a truly wonderful onscreen crier.   

Board footera