You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 12, 2012 6:56 pm  #1

m+f obs

Hello everyone,
Sorry it's been awhile. Start of the semester, etc.
I was in the cafeteria the other day, and I saw a girl sitting at one of the booths, talking on the phone. Her face was red, and she was wiping her eyes. I went and sat down sort of near her, not so near that anyone would be suspicious, and I faced the other direction to keep myself from staring. I listened as she talked half in English, half in spanish, but I wasn't really able to follow what she was talking about. I think money, maybe. She wasn't sobbing, but her voice was really emotional and her makeup was running a little. It was the kind of tears that pool under the eyes and don't get that far down her face. She was there for maybe 10 minutes, then hung up the phone. She sat a minute more, crying, then she left.

Also, a couple weeks ago my boyfriend was having a hard week. I waited until the weekend when I could see him, and I drove him back home. He was quiet in the car, and when we made one stop on the way he wanted to hold my hand a lot. I squeezed his hand and kept him close to me. I love taking care of him, and I love being strong when he needs me. We got back home, and he immediately asked if we could lie down. I got the bed ready, and let him lie down next to me. He was really quiet for a long time, with a few very shaky breaths once in a while. He said, "I need to cry but I can't." I talked to him a lot to help him relax. He eventually sobbed quietly for about a minute. Because he was lying on his side, the tears from one eye pooled in the corner and then dripped off the bridge of his nose, and the tears from the other eye went straight into my shoulder. When he sat up, one more fell down his face, and he wiped it away. He said, "I thought I was going to get here and bawl for hours, but I can't." He didn't cry any more that weekend, but he talked about it a lot.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

February 12, 2012 8:08 pm  #2

Re: m+f obs

Hello! I love reading the observations, thanks for sharing them!

Last edited by raindance85 (February 12, 2012 8:08 pm)

February 14, 2012 9:55 am  #3

Oh, I love your boyfriend observations soooo much. They are always so sweet and well written.
He sure sounds like a nice guy. Hold on to him

Last edited by Suckerformanlytears (February 14, 2012 9:55 am)

Tears are words the heart can't express...
-unknown-

February 14, 2012 11:22 pm  #4

Lovely observation! I always love reading your obs about your boyfriend.

February 16, 2012 10:58 am  #5

Good lucky observation on the first one. Did you notice her lips?

Ugly crying is pretty crying

February 17, 2012 7:00 pm  #6

Ooh, lovely observation - wish my boyfriend were that emotionally open!

February 17, 2012 8:04 pm  #7

Thanks, guys.
Tornorth, I'm sorry to say that her lips were not especially bulgy.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

Board footera