You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 21, 2016 5:29 am  #1

Actors talking about crying

Whether talking about movies that make them cry, or how they prepare for an emotional scene, it's all fascinating. Here's a couple videos from various actors, mostly about movies that make them cry. Brief but interesting. ​  

Colin Firth, starts at 3:20

Brad Pitt 

Benedict Cumberbatch

Julianne Moore at 30 secs

Anyone have any more like this? Videos, articles, what have you.

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (June 21, 2016 5:30 am)

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

June 21, 2016 8:56 pm  #2

Re: Actors talking about crying

Good stuff, I do find it interesting, both people in general admitting to what has triggered them, and actors revealing what their tricks are for performances.

June 24, 2016 8:04 am  #3

I don't have any specific articles or videos to share right now but I do remember a brief snippet of what was presumably an interview with Audrey Hepburn in which she described at one point being unable to give a convincing performance and subsequently being called off set and slapped hard across the face by the director in order to make her cry.

July 14, 2016 3:44 am  #4

Here's Ralph Fiennes' (adorable) segment from the same series!  (The part about crying begins at 0:50.)

July 29, 2016 4:21 pm  #5

This article

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/stand-oral-history-rob-reiner-cast-river-phoenix-190520150.html

Kind of long read , but interesting interview with multiple people involved with stand by me and several mentions about crying & acting

July 29, 2016 7:58 pm  #6

Interesting, Ella.

Totally unrelated to crying, I know, but...doesn't Colin Firth have such a wonderful smile in the video above?

July 29, 2016 8:47 pm  #7

Very interesting read, Ella. Thank you! 

December 5, 2020 6:02 pm  #8

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

Board footera