You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 9, 2014 10:20 pm  #1

50 worst crying scenes

Not all are "worst" because they were so bad. Some were "worst" because they were so good!
http://www.totalfilm.com/features/50-unwatchable-movie-crying-scenes

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

May 9, 2014 10:39 pm  #2

Re: 50 worst crying scenes

Worst because they were good?

Tears are the last gift of true love.

May 10, 2014 3:02 am  #3

Namely, too hard to watch because the viewer would end up crying as well. Too good because they were so intense.

Anonymous

May 10, 2014 12:19 pm  #4

I had a look through the list. I did think the word 'unwatchable' was perhaps the wrong word to use.

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

October 7, 2016 2:48 am  #5

It looks like some of the scenes on the list are considered "bad" because the crying is badly acted, while others are considered "bad" because the crying has such an emotional impact.  I was relieved to see that the famous Schindler's List crying scene, which I love, is in the second category.

October 7, 2016 2:31 pm  #6

I agree, "unwatchable" was being used in two contexts: really bad (Stallone) and gut-wrenching.
"Worst" is a poor choice for the title, though, as it really does imply a list full of Stallone-type crying.
BUT...They were spot on in their praise of Lethal Weapon, Captain Phillips, The Impossible and The Mist, among others.  
Just realized The Mist hasn't been posted here yet.  Taking care of that ASAP.  

Last edited by Squonk (October 7, 2016 2:40 pm)

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

October 7, 2016 7:08 pm  #7

I don't think Stallone is a bad crier...even if many persons might disagree with me. His crying in Rocky had great impact on me at the time and it showed a wider range of emotions. There's the single tear scene in Rocky 4 when he remembers his mentor, the sobbing one in Rocky 3 i guess and the more emotional one when his baby is born in Rocky 2 ( ?), the one when he mourns his dead wife in Rocky Balboa. The only crying scene that makes me wonder if it's real is the one in Rambo that gave birth to a whole lot of parodies..

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

October 7, 2016 7:24 pm  #8

I think it's the Rambo one everyone remembers - it's just so over-the-top. I confess, it made me cringe.

Anonymous

October 7, 2016 9:24 pm  #9

Yeah, I mostly meant Rambo when using Stallone as a negative example.  

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

Board footera