You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 6, 2016 1:19 pm  #491

Re: Crying Scenes Directory

reptongeek wrote:

Hailee Seinfeld in The Edge of Seventeen has two crying scenes the first a sobbing scene outside then a quieter one inside. I thought I saw a tear roll but it was a bit faint - expect a rant on image quality in movies later

Any good lip movement?

Ugly crying is pretty crying

December 6, 2016 7:42 pm  #492

John Krasinski has a sweet scene in the movie the Hollars.  I admit I was disappointed there wasn't more, but he is a very good actor.   Scene starts about   48-49 minutes in.  No sobbing but he manages to get tears flowing pretty quick like he has been holding them back for awhile.  Again, was hoping for more, but still a good scene.  Movie wasn't terrible either, reminded me a lot of Garden State

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

December 7, 2016 8:58 am  #493

TorNorth wrote:

reptongeek wrote:

Hailee Seinfeld in The Edge of Seventeen has two crying scenes the first a sobbing scene outside then a quieter one inside. I thought I saw a tear roll but it was a bit faint - expect a rant on image quality in movies later

Any good lip movement?

There might be a little bit, it's not something I look for to be honest. My focus in the second scene is on her eyes and silently wondering where is the first tear going to come from

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

December 15, 2016 4:29 pm  #494

Felicity Jones in Rogue One has a brief crying scene with a lip wobble and tears filling her eyes

December 16, 2016 7:53 pm  #495

Anyone gone to see Into The Forest? There ought to be plenty of crying from Ellen Page and Evan Rachel Wood. There's even two clips in the trailer. I'd go to see it, but I don't find the premise all that interesting.

December 16, 2016 10:31 pm  #496

The classic movie musical Meet Me in St. Louis has two crying scenes that I like.  The first features Esther (Judy Garland) crying to her grandfather because she was rejected by her date (I think that was the situation).  The second has Margaret O'Brien as Esther's little sister crying hysterically because she doesn't want to move away from St. Louis; it's the bit that follows the song "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas."  The first scene was not on Youtube last time I checked, while the second scene I'm hesitant to post because O'Brien was underage.

December 17, 2016 2:09 am  #497

I remember reading once that Margaret O'Brien was quite the seasoned crier. Once when a director told her to cry, she asked "Do you want the tears to go all the way down my face, or should I stop them halfway down?"

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

December 17, 2016 4:51 am  #498

Evan Rachel Wood can do something like that too. Even better her director asked her to demonstrate and she did

January 9, 2017 9:14 pm  #499

Michelle Williams has a short but fairly intense crying scene in the last 30-minutes or so of Manchester By the Sea. There aren't a lot of close-ups, so individual tears are hard to see. But her face and voice are very expressive, and she kind of shakes with repressed sobs throughout the sequence. 
Casey Affleck has a number of teary and emotional moments throughout the film, but he doesn't ever really have a full-on crying scene. 
There are also a couple of scenes in the second half of the film where Lucas Hedges, who plays Affleck's nephew, cries or sobs very convincingly while Affleck comforts him. (Hedges plays a high-schooler, but the actor was 19 or 20 when the film was shot.)

Emma Stone cries some pretty tears, with wobbling lip and chin, in a couple of scenes near the end of La La Land. There's also an interesting scene near the beginning of the film, where Stone (who plays an actress) begins a dramatic crying-scene as part of an audition, but is interrupted mid-way through.  
There's a clip of that scene here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEIKmxr8z9E
Ryan Gosling looks emotional in a few scenes, but he doesn't cry.

Last edited by Tristana (January 9, 2017 9:17 pm)

January 17, 2017 12:37 pm  #500

The Bollywood film "Dangal" has several scenes where tears run down the face of the two female leads. The main female lead Fatima Sana Shaikh has two sobbing scenes with a really nice bulging lip.

Board footera