You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 11, 2017 12:41 am  #521

Re: Crying Scenes Directory

Welcome aboard, Newuser..  If you need a friend, feel free to holler at any of us!  We care about what's right and each other.  Post some more about yourself.

February 11, 2017 4:03 am  #522

missyjdma wrote:

Ha! I always thought I was the only one who liked Skeet Ulrich!  Ep.14 scenes were great. He is the type of crier that you just want to comfort and hold. I love it. I don't know the actor who plays his brother, but his crying is more silent. Although that is fine, I tend to migrate towards actual sobbing and breakdowns. Thank you for letting us know about this series! Hope you enjoy the site! 

I just discovered him very recently and now I'm obsessed! He's gorgeous, where has he been all my life?

I really love that scene he has on the porch in episode 22. When the girl is walking over to him he looks like he's trying hard not to cry, and I think it looks 100% real instead of acting. I think the awkward position they get into is because they rushed the scene, because he was about to start crying.

I found an interview where he said he was crying for real during some of the emotional scenes that season, but I don't know if that was one of them. I'm looking for that link now (although I can't post links yet anyway).

I told you I'm obsessed....

;)

February 19, 2017 7:46 am  #523

If there is anyone watching the HBO series The Young Pope, Jude Law has a beautiful crying scene in the 9th episode about 40-41 minutes into the episode.  It is a unabashed sobbing scene where he makes no effort to hid his tears and several people outside the room stand and listen to him cry.  I have very mixed feelings about this show (especially being Catholic) but certainly I have to hand it to Jude Law for his performance throughout.  It's a strange scene because, there aren't many scenes in television where the male character doesn't even attempt to stop himself from crying but just lets himself be overwhelmed by the emotions like Jude Law's character does.  It is at the same time, sweet, beautiful, and slightly uncomfortable to watch (even for a crying lover).  Kudos to Jude Law!  The series is worth a watch if you don't mind mixing HBO pushing the envelope and the Vatican.  

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

February 19, 2017 1:09 pm  #524

yellowrose wrote:

If there is anyone watching the HBO series The Young Pope, Jude Law has a beautiful crying scene in the 9th episode about 40-41 minutes into the episode.  It is a unabashed sobbing scene where he makes no effort to hid his tears and several people outside the room stand and listen to him cry.  I have very mixed feelings about this show (especially being Catholic) but certainly I have to hand it to Jude Law for his performance throughout.  It's a strange scene because, there aren't many scenes in television where the male character doesn't even attempt to stop himself from crying but just lets himself be overwhelmed by the emotions like Jude Law's character does.  It is at the same time, sweet, beautiful, and slightly uncomfortable to watch (even for a crying lover).  Kudos to Jude Law!  The series is worth a watch if you don't mind mixing HBO pushing the envelope and the Vatican.  

This scene is amazing, thank you so much for your recommendation.  They timed it so well that i don't find it uncomfortable to watch. He has them all, a bit of a build up, tearing eyes and he even does that bottom lip thing while he bursts into sobs. Really wonderfull crier ! You can even spot a follow up in the next scene at about 44 min where he is shown with teary and a bit swollen eyes. I'm glad they kept it because there are movies where the character is shown in a similar scene after a sob one all dried up around his face as if nothing happened.

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

February 22, 2017 7:32 pm  #525

Welcome newuser and thank you for mentioning "Jericho."  I watched the series when it was initially on the air, but forgot about those scenes.  I can't imagine why as I really liked the show and am also a female-obsessed-with-male-tears.  
And yellowrose, thanks for the Jude Law scene.  Very impressive.  

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

March 1, 2017 10:22 pm  #526

Dev Patel has at least 3 or 4 crying scenes in the last half of Lion. He also has a fairly long and intense intense sobbing scene at the very end of the movie. This featurette contains snippets of a few teary moments -- including one very nice close-up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQak3qrmD24

Nicole Kidman and Rooney Mara also cry in the film. 

Last edited by Tristana (March 1, 2017 10:22 pm)

March 15, 2017 9:45 pm  #527

Hugh Jackman has a couple of crying scenes near the end of Logan -- which actually ended up being a pretty sad movie. 

Also, here's an article where he talks about crying on-set while shooting the film: http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/wolverine/news/a821772/hugh-jackman-cried-a-few-times-while-filming-logan/

Last edited by Tristana (March 15, 2017 11:49 pm)

March 16, 2017 2:33 am  #528

It appears he and Sir Patrick Stewart also shed some tears at the premiere of "Logan:

https://tinyurl.com/hsp9a4z

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

March 29, 2017 8:50 pm  #529

Broadchurch 3x5 has a realistic female crying scene right at the beginning, unchecked tears and snot. The show is on ITV and maybe the clip is available there (it is not in our country, so I don't know for sure)

March 30, 2017 3:03 am  #530

More with my current obsession Skeet Ulrich in the movie A Soldier‘s Sweetheart. The full movie is on Vimeo https://vimeo.com/92513861

Starting around 1:18:30, teary eyes/sniffling. I found out the woman in this scene was his real wife at the time.

And at about 1:37, it's dark and you can't really see his face, but he's sobbing so hard it's impossible to hear what he's saying.

He was so adorable in this movie.

Last edited by newuser (March 30, 2017 3:06 am)

Board footera