You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 1, 2017 6:13 pm  #31

Re: Members leaving the forum

flatter wrote:

Wow, that was an impact! I didn't dare to hope to read from so many members, that they are still around. Glad everybody is still alive, especially tearhunter!
I would be happy to post more, started to post via IPhone, which has an "autocorrecter". That is easier for me because my mothertongue is not english. Sometimes I struggle to bring my thoughts into an understandable english sentence. I know that there are others not natively speaking english, which I think are much more fluent in this language than I am and sometimes I feel like an elephant in a porcelain shop.
As for my observations: I have some observations but I just posted those from people I know personally and not related to my occupation. There was not much resonance to these posts but maybe I post a next observation, most likely a female one, but maybe also one of the rarer male ones.

Hi Flatter, thanks for starting this thread - look what happened

May 1, 2017 9:39 pm  #32

tearhunter wrote:

flatter wrote:

Wow, that was an impact! I didn't dare to hope to read from so many members, that they are still around. Glad everybody is still alive, especially tearhunter!
I would be happy to post more, started to post via IPhone, which has an "autocorrecter". That is easier for me because my mothertongue is not english. Sometimes I struggle to bring my thoughts into an understandable english sentence. I know that there are others not natively speaking english, which I think are much more fluent in this language than I am and sometimes I feel like an elephant in a porcelain shop.
As for my observations: I have some observations but I just posted those from people I know personally and not related to my occupation. There was not much resonance to these posts but maybe I post a next observation, most likely a female one, but maybe also one of the rarer male ones.

Hi Flatter, thanks for starting this thread - look what happened

Well done, Flatter! It's wonderful to see so many people return to the board after being away. (Tearhunter, I always enjoyed reading your observations, even before I had the courage to register myself.) It's also great to see so many people on the board at the same time -- I think there are six of us logged in as I write this.

I've personally found this forum to be a genuine source of friendship and understanding over the past year or so, and I feel like I've learned a lot about myself in the process of reading, watching, and posting. Definitely not what I expected from a sexual fetish site (although I really had no idea what to expect), but true all the same . . . Thanks.   

Last edited by Tristana (May 1, 2017 9:40 pm)

May 2, 2017 6:59 am  #33

TorNorth wrote:

My personal reason was to find good media and have discussions. I don't think I got all that much in the media department, but I still enjoy being a part of the community. This is why I encourage people to voice their wants, so that others can accommodate them and vice versa.

TorNorth, could I voice a want, since you brought it up?  I think it would be cool to have a really easy-to-notice section or sub-section where members (especially newcomers) could post where they are in the world -- the country, at least, and the city if they're not shy.  Maybe it could go right underneath the Crying Discussion?  I am one to talk since I won't even reveal where I am publicly (maybe I did on the last board, but shhh!).  But I think this could foster more connections in the community.  You never know, it could even lead to some in-person meet-ups!  And maybe some of us would even be willing to travel if a few others got something going.  Rather than cruise through people's profiles now and then (they don't even have to put where they're from, I think), I think that a dedicated section or sticky note near the top could encourage more dialogue and engagement and we might see more lurkers reveal where they're from, perhaps not necessarily publicly, but maybe registering as a new member and sending a PM to a member who they noticed lived close to them.  Just a thought!  I have a pretty good idea where the longterm members are all from and no one lives anywhere close to me, but it would please me to think some real friendships form on this board.  Indeed, some already have.  

Edit:  What if there was a section that had an Introduce Yourself series of questions?  More general, but also included location?

Introduce Yourself
Country/City/Town:
Crying Interests:
Anything else you want to tell us:

I know we've had threads like that in the past, but the problem is that they get bumped down by newer threads.  So someone new or away from the forum for a while might not realize that someone else with this same fetish lives in their vicinity. 

WP

Last edited by woundedpuppy (May 2, 2017 7:17 pm)

May 4, 2017 12:15 am  #34

I agree with woundedpuppy's suggestion above. That way we can go back and remember exactly who everyone is. I know a thread like that would have helped me quite a bit. Though I have no intention of meeting up in person. I think anonymity is paramount here and it should be protected.

There was a time when I really enjoyed collecting and sharing crying media, but for me it's the verbal descriptions of the actions and the feelings that are the most exciting now. I'll take a well-written observation over a video any day.

Also welcome back tearhunter!

Last edited by truffle (May 4, 2017 12:18 am)

May 12, 2017 8:13 am  #35

woundedpuppy wrote:

TorNorth wrote:

My personal reason was to find good media and have discussions. I don't think I got all that much in the media department, but I still enjoy being a part of the community. This is why I encourage people to voice their wants, so that others can accommodate them and vice versa.

TorNorth, could I voice a want, since you brought it up?  I think it would be cool to have a really easy-to-notice section or sub-section where members (especially newcomers) could post where they are in the world -- the country, at least, and the city if they're not shy.  Maybe it could go right underneath the Crying Discussion?  I am one to talk since I won't even reveal where I am publicly (maybe I did on the last board, but shhh!).  But I think this could foster more connections in the community.  You never know, it could even lead to some in-person meet-ups!  And maybe some of us would even be willing to travel if a few others got something going.  Rather than cruise through people's profiles now and then (they don't even have to put where they're from, I think), I think that a dedicated section or sticky note near the top could encourage more dialogue and engagement and we might see more lurkers reveal where they're from, perhaps not necessarily publicly, but maybe registering as a new member and sending a PM to a member who they noticed lived close to them.  Just a thought!  I have a pretty good idea where the longterm members are all from and no one lives anywhere close to me, but it would please me to think some real friendships form on this board.  Indeed, some already have.  

Edit:  What if there was a section that had an Introduce Yourself series of questions?  More general, but also included location?

Introduce Yourself
Country/City/Town:
Crying Interests:
Anything else you want to tell us:

I know we've had threads like that in the past, but the problem is that they get bumped down by newer threads.  So someone new or away from the forum for a while might not realize that someone else with this same fetish lives in their vicinity. 

WP

Right, sorry for the very late response. I have been thinking a lot of about what you said. Should I use this site to facilitate meetups? To tell you the truth the idea bugs the hell out of me. I know we're all adults and fully resposible for the situations we put ourselves into, but messageboard truly doesn't feel like a safe enough place for such things. However, in light of the prior, I'll create a separate section for it.

Any assent or dissent, speak now.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

May 12, 2017 1:36 pm  #36

One of the things I like about the forum is the anonymity If you do decide to facilitate meetups, I won't participate - I don't do social stuff.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

May 12, 2017 3:57 pm  #37

I think you're reading a bit too much into what I said, TorNorth... apologies that I didn't make it clear!!  I wasn't proposing anything that wasn't already happening on the boards, I was just proposing a more prominent spot where it could happen.  Facilitating meet-ups doesn't sound like the right vibe for what I intended to propose.  I was trying to say that newbies often do a little introductory blurb on themselves when they first start posting, but since it happens across various threads, one can't easily find this info.  Newbies just automatically mix the info into whatever thread they happen to be responding to at the time because nothing else exists.  So I propose making an easy-to-notice Introduce Yourself type of section for better organization of our membership statistics and interests going forward.  I think a short list of questions in which location is included is pretty normal and I'm part of another fetish forum where people have answered those types of questions.  They've probably also answered what their favourite colour is, which I personally don't give a crap about, but some people enjoy those kinds of threads.  I was proposing a shorter, simpler list of questions.  I was only stating a potential meet-up as my own personal interest, but for me, anything like that would be based on a trusting friendship built over a looong period of time.  I think any creeps would get pretty bored chatting with me. ;)  Anyway, by all means, do whatever you think makes sense -- it's your board.  I'm so grateful it exists and is a safe space to talk about crying!!

May 12, 2017 7:37 pm  #38

woundedpuppy wrote:

I think you're reading a bit too much into what I said, TorNorth... apologies that I didn't make it clear!!  I wasn't proposing anything that wasn't already happening on the boards, I was just proposing a more prominent spot where it could happen.  Facilitating meet-ups doesn't sound like the right vibe for what I intended to propose.  I was trying to say that newbies often do a little introductory blurb on themselves when they first start posting, but since it happens across various threads, one can't easily find this info.  Newbies just automatically mix the info into whatever thread they happen to be responding to at the time because nothing else exists.  So I propose making an easy-to-notice Introduce Yourself type of section for better organization of our membership statistics and interests going forward.  I think a short list of questions in which location is included is pretty normal and I'm part of another fetish forum where people have answered those types of questions.  They've probably also answered what their favourite colour is, which I personally don't give a crap about, but some people enjoy those kinds of threads.  I was proposing a shorter, simpler list of questions.  I was only stating a potential meet-up as my own personal interest, but for me, anything like that would be based on a trusting friendship built over a looong period of time.  I think any creeps would get pretty bored chatting with me. ;)  Anyway, by all means, do whatever you think makes sense -- it's your board.  I'm so grateful it exists and is a safe space to talk about crying!!

Well, I made the meet up section anyway for interested parties. I'll even pin an "introduce yourself" section on the discussions some time soon. I agree it would be a great way to list everyone and their interests.

It's not really my board as such, I'm one of the facilitators. Most members facilitate in one way or another. If anyone has good, workable ideas I'm happy to execute them.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

May 14, 2017 7:30 am  #39

TorNorth wrote:

Well, I made the meet up section anyway for interested parties. I'll even pin an "introduce yourself" section on the discussions some time soon. I agree it would be a great way to list everyone and their interests.

Well, thumbs up on the positioning of the section... it's really easy to see!!  But I'm way too shy to use it myself.  Talking about meet-up possibilities right off the bat feels too rushed and unnatural for me.  But perhaps it will benefit someone else.  Anyway, I'm thrilled to hear you are going to add an Introduce Yourself section -- having it in that EXACT same ultra-prominent position (above the Meet-ups section, perhaps?) would be AWESOME. 

July 2, 2017 7:46 am  #40

TorNorth wrote:

Hey, TorNorth... (looking up at quote above)... would you be willing to put up that "Introduce Yourself" section soon?   It was my originally intended request.  You had said,

TorNorth wrote:

I have been thinking a lot of about what you said.  Should I use this site to facilitate meetups? To tell you the truth the idea bugs the hell out of me. I know we're all adults and fully resposible for the situations we put ourselves into, but messageboard truly doesn't feel like a safe enough place for such things. However, in light of the prior, I'll create a separate section for it.

Any assent or dissent, speak now.

... but then left me very little time (less than a day!) to respond with my assent or dissent!  My response came about 8 hours later, at which point something (a Meetup section) had already been put up anyway...  

I liked the "Introduce Yourself" idea better as I think more people (myself included) would feel comfortable contributing there.  Although I see one person posted in the Meetup section.  Would you be willing to put an Introduce Yourself section right above it so people can see it just as easily??  Would love to see it appear on the main page with the same prominence the Meetup section currenly has (rather than, say, a sticky note at the top of a sub-forum).  

Last edited by woundedpuppy (July 2, 2017 7:49 am)

Board footera