You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 4, 2017 10:18 pm  #1

Pretty tears in foreign film trailer (F)

I happened to catch this trailer at the theater last weekend and I thought it might interest lovers of tears and pretty female crying. In the last couple seconds of the trailer, the female lead cries two large perfect tears down her left cheek as the male lead leans into kiss her. You can see the first tear fall through the air, which I always like to see in both male and female crying scenes.

May 5, 2017 2:07 am  #2

Re: Pretty tears in foreign film trailer (F)

Beautiful.  Stunning!  Sometimes the most amazing beauty is in one tear!  So epic!

"People cry, not because they're weak. It's because they've been strong for too long." --Johnny Depp
"Cry to me...let it come, let it bleed...reach in and get it, and set it free." --Heart

May 5, 2017 8:38 pm  #3

La Llorona wrote:

Beautiful.  Stunning!  Sometimes the most amazing beauty is in one tear!  So epic!

Hi, La Llorona.  

I completely agree!  

I enjoy a variety of different kinds of crying scenes (mostly male, but some female ones too) -- from the subtlest hint of teary eyes to intense sobbing. But several of my all-time favorites involve just one or two tears. I particularly love the way large tears catch the light as they fall.    

Last edited by Tristana (May 5, 2017 9:09 pm)

May 6, 2017 1:18 pm  #4

The tears are indeed very beautiful. I also like hints about potential sobbing or crying. I remembered Malkovich crying in Dangerous Liaisons at the end of it , there's this scene were he gets fatally hurt by the character played by Keanu Reeves. In this scenes both had to cry, but Reeves said in an interview that it was very difficult to elicit tears in it while Malkovich made it in seconds. At first the tears are only 2 but then i watched over in Hd for the death of Valmont scene and in the close up if you watch attentively the tears actually spring continuously from the corner of his eyes and his chin trembles ...it's as if he tries not to cry  but that emotion speaks of itself through the tears.
I also like the subtle hints about crying in this scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDPMBDiwL0M ( it's in the last 3 minutes of the movie , starts at about 2:04:00) The scene is short but i like everything about it, and mostly the way his emotions build in a few seconds that at 2:06 on you already see tears in his eyes ( at some point he closes his eyes and the tears glitter through in the corners of his lids) and then later on one tear streams through but before that while he bows his head there's another second when you can catch another tear clinging from his eye..It's sort of unusual.

Last edited by psychic_girl (May 6, 2017 1:23 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

May 6, 2017 1:22 pm  #5

I thought this scene would have been spectacular if he had cried a bit more, trying to be contained or to talk like that while tears would have streamed through..

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

Board footera