You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 3, 2013 12:24 pm  #11

Re: What Makes You Cry?

1. Frustration generated by work or unhappy relationships makes me cry the most, i mean serious crying, not just tearing up.

2. When i'm very angry or furious and i argue with my mother sometimes i cry out of nervousness but only a few tears.

3. Sick animals make me cry too, i lost a few favourite pets at one point and even now when i remember them i feel weepy. I was unable to save them since they were poisoned..

4. A beautifull piece of music makes my eyes well with tears, same goes for  a scene in a movie or a book, i call this asethetic crying since i cry out of a feelig of sublime beauty or grace..

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

October 3, 2013 7:23 pm  #12

meantangerine wrote:

I'm also way more likely to cry over an animal than a person. Oddly, I am also way more comfortable crying WITH an animal, like a horse or a dog or a cow, than a person. I guess it might not actually be that odd, but it happens more because I spend a lot of time on a farm and have a lot of opportunities to do so.

Do you notice a reaction from animals when you cry in front of them?

I've heard of dog licking their owners tears when they cry - but I'm not sure if this because it's water, give me some or a display of comfort. I've read dog owners saying its genuine comfort but I've not witnessed it to know.

October 3, 2013 8:09 pm  #13

I've never owned a dog, but when we had cats they would instinctively seem to come and sit with me when I was in distress. One of them would even pat my face - but she did that when I wasn't crying, too. And they both would nuzzle me (rub their faces on mine). I understand it's a cat thing where they're saying "This thing belongs to me", but at the time I genuinely felt they were trying to comfort me.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

October 16, 2013 9:55 pm  #14

I grew up with a dog, a Collie with nice long fur. There are films of me and the dog (these old super8), when I learn to walk and hold myself on the fur of the dog, where I pat him on the head... I remember that he always came when I was crying and  licked away the tears, maybe he liked the saltyness of them or maybe he really realized that I was sad. Anyhow I found it very comforting, but I remember that my parents told me to be careful with the dog licking my face. We had other dogs afterwards but he was the only one licking tears. Maybe i was also older and didn't cry as frequently as I did when I was a little child.

October 20, 2016 2:50 am  #15

Oddly enough, outright tragic events, either in real life or in fiction, do not often make me cry; they do make me sad or angry, but not to the point of tears.  What usually makes me cry is either a joyful situation or scene, or a situation/scene that is just very warm and "sweet."  I'll give you an example:  at the end of The King's Speech (my favorite movie ever), when Bertie has successfully given his speech and everyone is gathered around congratulating him -- basically, I'm in tears from that part to the end of the movie.  Comforting is another thing that can make me cry, particularly if it's exceptionally tender and involves such things as the comforter rubbing the crying person's back gently or hugging him/her.  Finally, watching certain crying scenes can make me cry, particularly if they come from an actor whom I've never seen cry before. 

Something in music that makes me cry is when a musician sings or plays with a very rich tone; there's something about tonal richness or depth that affects me very much.  Also, I tend to cry at performances (not just in music but also in acting, etc.) that are virtually perfect yet not self-conscious.  In other words, I tend to cry when a performer is giving a "great" performance with little or no obvious effort.  

Edited to add:  Watching someone be bullied or humiliated in public (either in real life or in dramatic situations) is another thing that has made me cry. 

Last edited by White Tulip (October 22, 2016 3:42 am)

October 23, 2016 8:55 pm  #16

For me it's desparation. When I have no where to turn and I feel helpless that will usually get me bawling

October 26, 2016 12:54 am  #17

Almost nothing.

Sad animal stories are more likely to almost get me than other things.

That said, pregnant me is a different story

May 8, 2017 11:13 pm  #18

Oh my gosh, where to begin. I like to say that crying seems to be my one-size-fits-all emotion. I cry when I'm sad,mad, scared, lost, confused, hurt. I also cry when I am extremely happy or deeply moved or touched by something. I cry when my gf cries. I cry at movies/tv, and certain songs. I cry a lot out of stress. I'm 20 and in college and sometimes the stress and pressure is just overwhelming. And I cry. 

Board footera