You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 13, 2017 4:07 am  #1

Production of Les Miserables

I just got back from seeing an amazingly good production of the musical Les Miserables.  It was a high school production, so I don't want to post in detail (i.e. since the people I'm referring to are "underage"); but let me just say that there was some very effectively acted crying from several of the cast members, including the actors who played the revolutionary students (they cried when the Gavaroche and Eponine characters were killed).  Quite touching.  In addition, I teared up at a couple of points during the show (example -- the moment when the Bishop pardons Jean Valjean for stealing his silver).  I'm pretty sure others in the audience cried as well, especially during the show's final scene.   

Last edited by White Tulip (May 13, 2017 4:08 am)

May 13, 2017 6:09 am  #2

Re: Production of Les Miserables

Omg that's amazing!  I love Les Mis. Did you see the movie version?  I was a wreck during that Bishop scene, and during Anne Hathaway's singing of I Dreamed a Dream.  She broke my heart.    That whole movie is one amazing crying fest.  

"People cry, not because they're weak. It's because they've been strong for too long." --Johnny Depp
"Cry to me...let it come, let it bleed...reach in and get it, and set it free." --Heart

May 13, 2017 10:22 am  #3

Sounds great for a high school production. Any crying from the female cast?

Ugly crying is pretty crying

May 13, 2017 3:31 pm  #4

La Llorona wrote:

Omg that's amazing!  I love Les Mis. Did you see the movie version?  I was a wreck during that Bishop scene, and during Anne Hathaway's singing of I Dreamed a Dream.  She broke my heart.    That whole movie is one amazing crying fest.  

I did see the movie when it first came out, and liked it a lot.  I cried during the confrontation between Fantine, Javert, and Valjean (when Fantine is almost arrested).  Fantine's line "Yes, you were there" in that scene always wrecks me.   

May 13, 2017 3:33 pm  #5

TorNorth wrote:

Sounds great for a high school production. Any crying from the female cast?

Yes, there was sobbing from the Fantine.  Interestingly, though, there was much more crying from the male cast!

Board footera