You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 11, 2017 12:40 am  #1

Any other Star Wars freaks here?

Star Wars is my other obsession! I enjoyed the movies as a kid but really only got SUPER into it after The Force Awakens came out, then I went back and rewatched everything and got deeply into the details of the universe. I run a blog on it and have also written a little fanfiction (some of which features crying). Also found a couple other dacryphiles in the fandom, oddly enough, but for them it's one out of a million kinks they have, so not as much of a focus. 

Any other star wars fans here?

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

May 11, 2017 9:19 am  #2

Re: Any other Star Wars freaks here?

I'm a Star Wars fan. I wouldn't say I'm obsessed although when it was six movies I did marathon them in a single day once.

I also get slightly cross when magazines and such like bill them incorrectly in listings mags - It's Star Wars EPISODE VII The Force Awakens (for example). The Star Wars franchise must be the only series that has such a disconnect between onscreen titles and it's accompanying merchandise. Only four (out of currently nine movies) are correctly titled and the first example gained it's longer title two years later

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

May 12, 2017 8:20 am  #3

I am a fan. Not massively, but enough to have watched all the films and wiki'd the expanded universe somewhat. I'm not that much into space operas. Star Wars, along with Farscape and Red Dwarf are the only ones I could get into. I'm more into fantasy than sci fi, really. Are all the dacryphiliacs you found in the fandom into male crying, or do some like female?

Speaking of fanfics, I am currently writing a Dungeon Keeper fan fiction where I'm going to exploit my crying fetish every chance I get.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

May 13, 2017 12:50 am  #4

Well, I know them through the fandom of a m/m pairing (mildly embarrassing, but if anyone is interested I don't mind sharing what it is), so the crying is mostly restricted to those two characters. I'm also not so into space operas, or scifi/fantasy in general! This is a total outlier for me. 

reptongeek, that's funny, it would never occur to me to be annoyed about incorrect titling, though I understand it! I have yet to marathon all of them in one day, although if I'm going to, I should do it soon before more movies come out, shouldn't I?

May 13, 2017 2:49 pm  #5

I got into them in my late teens,  in about '97 or '98. Met my husband through the fandoms and we named several dogs and one child star wars themed names

May 13, 2017 2:50 pm  #6

meantangerine wrote:

Well, I know them through the fandom of a m/m pairing (mildly embarrassing, but if anyone is interested I don't mind sharing what it is)

I'm interested , because I like star wars and have no idea what you're talking about lol

May 13, 2017 3:08 pm  #7

meantangerine wrote:

reptongeek, that's funny, it would never occur to me to be annoyed about incorrect titling, though I understand it! I have yet to marathon all of them in one day, although if I'm going to, I should do it soon before more movies come out, shouldn't I?

Yeah I know it's odd to get grouchy about movie titling, I'm just a weirdo like that. A marathon is hard though. Given that it is now eight a possible suggestion is that you watch it over two days maybe

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

May 13, 2017 11:55 pm  #8

Ella wrote:

Met my husband through the fandoms and we named several dogs and one child star wars themed names

Wow, you have me beat by a mile! The pairing is Kylo Ren/General Hux. Started out as a crack thing but damn those authors and artists gave me feelings over it lol. 

Board footera