You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 12, 2017 3:54 am  #11

Re: Your go to?

I think a go-to doesn't need to be The Perfect Clip encompassing everything one likes about crying. It just needs to be something you go 'imma go watch that clip, damn that was good' or whatever.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

May 12, 2017 1:40 pm  #12

In that case, the clip from Season Six of "Desperate Romantics" where (SPOILER ALERT) Rossetti finds his wife dead ​is a good one for me. It captures the quick turnaround of emotion from upbeat to frantic to despair - and Aiden Turner is an excellent crier!

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

May 23, 2017 1:09 am  #13

Oh, so many.  But here's a few (okay, a lot):
Billy Crudup, Rudderless and Waking the Dead.
Walton Goggins, The Shield, Episode 6.5
Michael Fassbender, The Counselor and Shame
James Frain, The Tudors, Episode 3.8
David Lyons, Revolution, Episode 1.10 and E.R., Episode 15.8
Hugh Jackman, The Fountain
James McAvoy, Filth
Ewan McGregor, I Love You Philip Morris and The Impossible
Clive Owen, Bent, The Boys are Back, Close My Eyes, Trust
Sam Rockwell, Box of Moonlight and Snow Angels
John Simm, Crime and Punishment, Exile (Episode 3), Life on Mars (Episodes 1.1 and 2.8)
David Tennant, Recovery

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

May 25, 2017 6:30 am  #14

A few more of my favorites:
Speaking of Sam Rockwell, one of my go-to's has to be a scene in Moon.
The well-loved 'Jesse loses his shit in Walter's arms' scene of course, but also the  'Blood Money' episode table read. Aaron Paul, conjuring tears during a table read. I'm not sure it was even in the script.
Michael Fassbender in Shame and, oddly enough, that brief moment in the fake 'David 8' commercial promo for Prometheus.
Ewan McGregor, particularly his phone call scene in The lmpossible
pretty much anytime RDJ cries

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (May 25, 2017 6:59 am)

May 27, 2017 3:58 pm  #15

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

the  'Blood Money' episode table read. Aaron Paul, conjuring tears during a table read. I'm not sure it was even in the script.

I doubt it was because if you watch the actual episode he plays the scene alot different.  No crying at all. And in my opinion the non crying version makes more sense as far as the character's emotional state at the time (ie: kind of numb) it's almost as if right before he went to the table read he'd been reading up on acting/crying techniques and was eager to try them out lol.

Don't get me wrong though,  I'm very glad he did it at least for the table read cause it's pretty amazing.

Also the scene where they find the cigarette in the roomba and his confession tape

September 7, 2017 5:20 am  #16

I feel like we need to send these men some appreciation balloons for being such good criers.

September 8, 2017 8:34 pm  #17

caircair wrote:

In that case, the clip from Season Six of "Desperate Romantics" where (SPOILER ALERT) Rossetti finds his wife dead ​is a good one for me. It captures the quick turnaround of emotion from upbeat to frantic to despair - and Aiden Turner is an excellent crier!

Oh yeah, I saw that scene (and posted it somewhere in "Crying Videos," I think).  As a big fan of the Pre-Raphaelite painters, I found it heartrending.

June 11, 2020 4:09 am  #18

Tristana wrote:

yellowrose wrote:

Two Girls and a Guy is one of mine too!  I also love Jude Law in Alfie and I've been watching a lot of him in The Young Pope recently.   Otherwise I rotate, but the Two Girls and a Guy is my one of my all time favorites.  

Does anyone know if the Alfie crying scene is online anywhere? I did a tiny bit of checking around, but wasn't able to find it. Thanks! 

Here it is! His face is so pretttyyyyy. It would be even more perfect if we could hear him crying. 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wk6ayYX5-bwbeM1_CgVGKPyxF7x2vT-s/view?usp=sharing

June 11, 2020 5:55 pm  #19

You can hear a couple of sobs right at the end, but it's hard to make out with the music.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

June 12, 2020 12:54 am  #20

I prefer music to be in the background, not the foreground, of crying scenes.

Board footera