You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 27, 2017 6:36 am  #1

Skarb, the perfume about men crying

Has anybody smelled this? Skarb (the Polish word for treasure) is the name of a fragrance by Humiecki & Graf, and is intended to capture 'the state of 'how men cry'---melancholic and sensual. Yes please! Sounds like somebody is a dacryphiliac!
http://www.nstperfume.com/2007/11/17/humiecki-graef-skarb-new-fragrance/

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

June 27, 2017 1:18 pm  #2

Re: Skarb, the perfume about men crying

At $200 per 100ml, I doubt I'll be buying any anytime soon!

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

June 27, 2017 4:54 pm  #3

Interesting! 

Is anyone here familiar with the Demeter company?  They sell men's and women's colognes at very reasonable prices.  Some of their scents are "normal" (lily of the valley, orange blossom, etc.) and some are more unusual ("watermelon lollipop," "thunderstorm," etc.).  I honestly wonder if someday they'll put out a "tears" cologne.

June 27, 2017 9:50 pm  #4

Yes WhiteTulip, I actually had a bottle of Thunderstorm a couple weeks ago! 

June 27, 2017 11:47 pm  #5

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

Yes WhiteTulip, I actually had a bottle of Thunderstorm a couple weeks ago! 

What a coincidence!  I've never tried that one, actually (Watermelon Lollipop is great; I used it last summer).  Did Thunderstorm smell really strange?

June 28, 2017 10:27 pm  #6

What an incredibly unique idea for a fragrance!  I'd love to know what it smells like, but am not finding out at that price.  

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

June 30, 2017 3:31 am  #7

Yes, if I were to sniff it, it would be via a sample only. Samples usually run $3 each--that's so much more practical to try perfumes than blind-buy an entire bottle. I found a place that sells samples of it. ​https://www.parfumsraffy.com/content/humiecki-graef-skarb

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (July 7, 2017 11:03 pm)

June 30, 2017 4:46 am  #8

Slightly off topic, but: I once had a friend, who had a friend with no sense of smell, tell me how her friend learned to pick out perfume. What you do is take the tiniest sample and touch it to the very tip of your tongue. If it burns, it's a good fit for you. My sister and I both tried it with one of my favorite perfumes - I'm into florals and she likes the musky stuff - and it burned horribly for me, but she had no reaction whatsoever. We repeated the experiment with her cologne, and got opposite results. So you can't blame the burn on the alcohol content (if there is any).

​I wonder how much this scent would burn me? I'd be willing to spend $3 for a sample, if they offered samples.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

July 18, 2017 10:54 pm  #9

Thanks for posting this, Phoebe! Perfume is kind of a hobby of mine, but I've definitely never heard of this one. It's a shame that none of the sample sites have it available.

It makes sense that a fragrance meant to evoke sadness would be based on incense; I imagine something that smells like rainy days and old stone churches. 

I found a review that describes the perfume in a bit more detail: https://www.fragrantica.com/news/Mens-Tears-Skarb-Humiecki-Graef-3310.html
(It also has a nice slideshow of images from the Crying Men book, a few of which I've never seen before.) 

July 19, 2017 12:34 am  #10

I can't help but wonder who their target customer is. What sort of man is going to buy this? 

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

Board footera