You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 16, 2017 12:14 am  #1

collection of mystery pics and gifs

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

March 16, 2017 2:30 am  #2

Re: collection of mystery pics and gifs

I think the third one may be from "Blue Velvet" with Kyle MacLauchlan, and the last one looks like Colin Farrell but no idea which movie. And with a little investigation, it looks like the quote in the first few is from Dylan Thomas poem "Rage": "Now say nay, man dry man, dry lover mine." No idea which movie it's from though.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

March 16, 2017 4:38 am  #3

The last one is definitely Colin Farrell, though I dunno which movie. The first one is Cillian Murphy, but again the movie is unidentified. 
Thanks for the Blue Velvet heads-up.

March 16, 2017 6:21 am  #4

I actually went to high school with his brothers - he graduated from there the year before I started. But I did see him play Henry Higgins in the high school production of "My Fair Lady" his senior year.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

March 17, 2017 8:51 pm  #5

The Colin Farrell GIF is from In Bruges. It's just a single isolated shot, not part of a larger crying scene, but it can be found at 55:00, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-W2dknMgs4

I did a little research and I'm fairly sure that the Cillian Murphy photos are from a 2008 film called The Edge of Love, (which also stars Matthew Rhys). I haven't found any clips online, but I'm hoping for one or two good scenes. 

P.S. I met Kyle MacLachlan once in a shop where I worked while I was in college. I remember him being very handsome and polite.  

Last edited by Tristana (March 17, 2017 9:00 pm)

March 17, 2017 9:22 pm  #6

Tristana wrote:

The Colin Farrell GIF is from In Bruges. It's just a single isolated shot, not part of a larger crying scene, but it can be found at 55:00, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-W2dknMgs4

I did a little research and I'm fairly sure that the Cillian Murphy photos are from a 2008 film called The Edge of Love, (which also stars Matthew Rhys). I haven't found any clips online, but I'm hoping for one or two good scenes. 

P.S. I met Kyle MacLachlan once in a shop where I worked while I was in college. I remember him being very handsome and polite.  

Though I don't know who Kyle is, that's amazing!  Personally, I always love to hear that my favorite actors are polite, and just as handsome in person as they appear on the screen.

March 22, 2017 9:31 pm  #7

White Tulip wrote:

Though I don't know who Kyle is, that's amazing!  Personally, I always love to hear that my favorite actors are polite, and just as handsome in person as they appear on the screen.

I agree.  It was a nice experience.

I found a full version of The Edge of Love here: http://movpod.net/ftk5t2cc4f8h
The image quality is not great unfortunately, but the scene with Cillian Murphy starts around 1:23:45.  

P.S. Thanks to Caircair for identifying the Dylan Thomas quote (that's how I figured out the name of the film)

April 21, 2017 3:04 am  #8

Thanks guys! Three identified out of five! The Edge of Love is on my watchlist, as is In Bruges. His crying scene in that movie is lovely. 

April 23, 2017 8:10 pm  #9

In Bruges is my all time favorite movie, actually. It's dark comedy, like so dark it's barely a comedy, and Colin Farrell has a couple great crying scenes. 

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

May 8, 2017 10:47 pm  #10

That very last picture, of the guy crying with the tears running across his nose, that's how I cry in bed too. Sometimes I lay on my back while crying and all the tears flow into my ears, then when I sit up they drip out and it's like my ears are crying. Pretty cool. The coolest though was Saturday I was laying across my bed with my head hanging over upside down and my tears were running down my forehead into my hair. That was cool. Next time I will try to get pictures,

Board footera