You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 1, 2020 4:25 am  #11

Re: Comforting and crying

Princess_Lucky1731 wrote:

1. I usually cry 1x a month. Like sobbing loudly. I tear up and May be have a few quiet tears run down my cheeks a few times a month.

2. I would love to be comforted by my husband giving me along hug then looking deeply into my eyes when we pull away and wiping my tears. Then letting me rest my head on his shoulder for the remaining quieter sobs.

3. I would prefer to comfort my husband in the same way as would I any male friend of mine.

4. My sobbing is usually loud with a pronounced lip curl shaking shoulders and heaving chest/belly and all.

5. I'd love to see a tough guy break down and go full on sobbing looking to me for comfort. I'd love to see unchecked tears falling from the outer corner of the eyes as well.

6. I haven't had many of these experiences to really have a favorite. I did write a few obs of the few rare experiences that I was a part of.

7. I prefer to comfort and be comforted when just the 2 of us are alone. Preferably in the house to avoid lack of embarrassment for myself or anyone I am comforting. It's easier to be more real/raw with your emotions when you're not worried about what others think or that other people are watching/aware of what's going on.

8. I like both the stoic and sensitive. If the stoic person cries you know they must really trust you and it's an unbelievable amount of trust and intimacy. The sensitive person would be more open to comforting imo and would give you more obs.

I think this is the first time you share this, on point #2, have you shared with your husband that you would like him to wipe your tears when you cry, or are you waiting for it to happen to tell him right there?
On point #3, how would you comfort a male friend?
On point #7 I find that interesting, because I get an extra thrill when I am wiping someone's tears and there are more people present, some times I take a glance to see how they react to me wiping the girl's tears, and other times I am too focused to notice what other people are doing.
Point #8 I agree, it is more "valuable" to see a stoic person cry, because you might never see that again, but on the other hand, a sensitive person is more open to you taking care of him and also more prone to give more obs.
Have a great week.

June 2, 2020 4:25 am  #12

Amans lacrimae wrote:

Princess_Lucky1731 wrote:

1. I usually cry 1x a month. Like sobbing loudly. I tear up and May be have a few quiet tears run down my cheeks a few times a month.

2. I would love to be comforted by my husband giving me along hug then looking deeply into my eyes when we pull away and wiping my tears. Then letting me rest my head on his shoulder for the remaining quieter sobs.

3. I would prefer to comfort my husband in the same way as would I any male friend of mine.

4. My sobbing is usually loud with a pronounced lip curl shaking shoulders and heaving chest/belly and all.

5. I'd love to see a tough guy break down and go full on sobbing looking to me for comfort. I'd love to see unchecked tears falling from the outer corner of the eyes as well.

6. I haven't had many of these experiences to really have a favorite. I did write a few obs of the few rare experiences that I was a part of.

7. I prefer to comfort and be comforted when just the 2 of us are alone. Preferably in the house to avoid lack of embarrassment for myself or anyone I am comforting. It's easier to be more real/raw with your emotions when you're not worried about what others think or that other people are watching/aware of what's going on.

8. I like both the stoic and sensitive. If the stoic person cries you know they must really trust you and it's an unbelievable amount of trust and intimacy. The sensitive person would be more open to comforting imo and would give you more obs.

I think this is the first time you share this, on point #2, have you shared with your husband that you would like him to wipe your tears when you cry, or are you waiting for it to happen to tell him right there?
On point #3, how would you comfort a male friend?
On point #7 I find that interesting, because I get an extra thrill when I am wiping someone's tears and there are more people present, some times I take a glance to see how they react to me wiping the girl's tears, and other times I am too focused to notice what other people are doing.
Point #8 I agree, it is more "valuable" to see a stoic person cry, because you might never see that again, but on the other hand, a sensitive person is more open to you taking care of him and also more prone to give more obs.
Have a great week.

I have mentioned to my husband about my interest in crying/comforting a while back but never mentioned I like to have my tears wiped or like wiping others tears. He's not really the sensitive type so I'd tell him right when I was crying and see if he'd do it.
To comfort a male friend he would get a hug some kind/sensative words and a shoulder to cry on. I would also wipe his tears with my thumbs once he looked at me with tears.

June 2, 2020 7:41 pm  #13

1. I cry probably a few times a month on average. More so now, because life has been hard, but I do cry pretty often regardless.
2. Definitely being held and quietly reassured helps. Just knowing that other people are there for me, and that things aren't as dire as they seem is good reassurance.
3. I definitely would like to hug a woman as she cries, especially if she's sobbing pretty hard. Once she's feeling a bit better, I'd like to hold her hands, look at her to reassure her, and offer her something to wipe her eyes/blow her nose.
4. My crying usually starts pretty quietly, eyes glistening and lips beginning to tremble. If I try to talk, my voice definitely breaks a bit. Once I'm alone, or in a place where I'm not worried about people's reactions, the dam just bursts and I become a sobbing, drippy mess. Most of the time, I cry curled in on myself, and my tears get in my hair after a long enough time. Sometimes it will happen in spurts, where I'll sob for a few minutes, calm down, and then a few minutes later the sobbing will recommence.
5. Good quality sobbing is always nice to hear! And the use of tissues or a handkerchief to wipe their eyes/blow their nose is absolutely my favorite thing. And besides that, the idea of someone just collapsing into another person's arms/shoulder and sobbing is one of my favorite things to watch.
6. That's a really good question! I don't know if I have a favorite obs like that. I've had a handful of good ones, but not too many.
7. Again, I don't really have one. As long as we're together, it doesn't matter where it is.
8. There's pros and cons to both. I definitely like the idea of a taller, stronger woman collapsing into the shoulder of a smaller woman, but really, as long as the person is crying in a way I like, it doesn't matter much else.

June 3, 2020 8:48 am  #14

1. I typically cry a few times a month--sometimes more, depending on the circumstances.

2. I'd love to get a hug and have my back rubbed. Quiet reassurances are also nice.

3. I would love to give him a hug and hold him until he calms down. I'd listen to him, hold his hand, and reassure him that everything will be okay.

4. My own crying is private, as I don't like letting people see me cry. It's also different, depending on what I'm crying about. If I'm watching a sad movie or tv show, I only shed a quiet tear or two. If I'm upset, but the circumstances aren't super bad, I'll cry for a few minutes at a time. I'll still be super quiet. If I'm with someone and I don't want to cry in front of them, my face will sometimes wobble. If it's something really bad, I'll sob silently into my hands or a blanket. I'm pretty sure I have a lip curl when I sob. Lastly, if I'm in a place where no one can hear me, I will sob audibly.

5. My favorite type of crying to witness is sobbing, but if I witness it in person, I would want it to be somewhere private (just so I don't feel embarrassed for them). I like it when super tough guys break down. I'm not as much of a fan of younger guys crying--for some reason, I think it's more meaningful if a middle-aged guy breaks down, since he has had more "practice" controlling his emotions (I have no idea why my logic works this way, lol). I also love the buildup that leads to sobbing and seeing the guy struggle to contain his emotions, but ultimately failing. Under the right circumstances, though, I also like softer crying with lots of tears.

6. I don't have many obs, so I'll just share about my favorite crying video on Youtube. (It's actually the one that got me interested in men crying to begin with.) It's a dashcam video of a cop who breaks down sobbing after shooting a guy. The first time I saw it was the first time I realized that grown men can actually sob, and it fascinated me.

7. My favorite place to comfort someone is somewhere very private. If the other person is anything like I am, they would hate crying in a more public place. My favorite place to be comforted is in my bedroom. It's private, and I can lie down and have them rub my back if they like. 

8. As I said earlier, I love when tough guys cry. I also like it when normal guys cry. As for sensitive guys, I don't like it as much when they cry. It's just more special when normal/tough guys cry because it's more rare. Also, tougher guys tend to try holding it back before they eventually break down.

Still, by the clock's revolution each hour,
I dissolve into tears about ev'ry half hour.

June 3, 2020 3:30 pm  #15

azutid wrote:

1. I typically cry a few times a month--sometimes more, depending on the circumstances.

2. I'd love to get a hug and have my back rubbed. Quiet reassurances are also nice.

3. I would love to give him a hug and hold him until he calms down. I'd listen to him, hold his hand, and reassure him that everything will be okay.

4. My own crying is private, as I don't like letting people see me cry. It's also different, depending on what I'm crying about. If I'm watching a sad movie or tv show, I only shed a quiet tear or two. If I'm upset, but the circumstances aren't super bad, I'll cry for a few minutes at a time. I'll still be super quiet. If I'm with someone and I don't want to cry in front of them, my face will sometimes wobble. If it's something really bad, I'll sob silently into my hands or a blanket. I'm pretty sure I have a lip curl when I sob. Lastly, if I'm in a place where no one can hear me, I will sob audibly.

5. My favorite type of crying to witness is sobbing, but if I witness it in person, I would want it to be somewhere private (just so I don't feel embarrassed for them). I like it when super tough guys break down. I'm not as much of a fan of younger guys crying--for some reason, I think it's more meaningful if a middle-aged guy breaks down, since he has had more "practice" controlling his emotions (I have no idea why my logic works this way, lol). I also love the buildup that leads to sobbing and seeing the guy struggle to contain his emotions, but ultimately failing. Under the right circumstances, though, I also like softer crying with lots of tears.

6. I don't have many obs, so I'll just share about my favorite crying video on Youtube. (It's actually the one that got me interested in men crying to begin with.) It's a dashcam video of a cop who breaks down sobbing after shooting a guy. The first time I saw it was the first time I realized that grown men can actually sob, and it fascinated me.

7. My favorite place to comfort someone is somewhere very private. If the other person is anything like I am, they would hate crying in a more public place. My favorite place to be comforted is in my bedroom. It's private, and I can lie down and have them rub my back if they like. 

8. As I said earlier, I love when tough guys cry. I also like it when normal guys cry. As for sensitive guys, I don't like it as much when they cry. It's just more special when normal/tough guys cry because it's more rare. Also, tougher guys tend to try holding it back before they eventually break down.

Thank you for sharing, I remember in Princess_Lucky's intro you mentioned you always tried to hide the fact you were crying (don't know why, usually religious people tend to cry openly, both male and female), yet, you wished for someone to wipe your tears.

I will try to briefly share an experience I had.
My friend Stephanie used to be very ashamed of crying, everytime she broke down in tears she would hide her face in her hands, I remember the first time I approached her was when she was standing next to me in prayer and she started lightly sobbing, I turned around to hug her, I hugged her and she never removed her hands from her face, when I broke the hug I tried gently removing her hands from her face, but she resisted, so I didn't insist, then I caressed the outer part of her face.
Next time she cried in my presence, I went to hold her shoulders as her crying rose in intensity, I placed a hand on her back, feeling it tremble with sobs and my other hand went to her face, even though she had her hands still shielding her face, I managed to wipe a tear from the outer corner of her eye, I guess she felt it too, as she went in for the hug, she removed her hands from her face and hugged me with both arms, I corresponded by keeping my hand in her back and caressing her hair with the other one, I was embracing her as she sobbed into my shirt. When the hug broke, I briefly saw her tear streaked cheeks and without hesitating I cupped her face with my thumbs and gently wiped her tears from below her eyes to the outer corner, clearing all remaining tears and streaks left.
Sorry for long post, next time she cried in front of me, she looked for me to hug her and wipe her tears.

The point is, I noticed you liked what your mom did to comfort you, so you expect and would like that to happen again, I think if you gave yourself the opportunity to allow your tears to fall in front of a close friend or a relative, you might like the feeling of having your tears wiped and maybe even expect it next time you cried.

I don't know, based on the experience that Steph felt ashamed crying in front of other people and ended searching for my hands to wipe her tears. She even told me she loved my hugs.

June 4, 2020 6:36 am  #16

Amans lacrimae wrote:

azutid wrote:

Thank you for sharing, I remember in Princess_Lucky's intro you mentioned you always tried to hide the fact you were crying (don't know why, usually religious people tend to cry openly, both male and female), yet, you wished for someone to wipe your tears.

I will try to briefly share an experience I had.
My friend Stephanie used to be very ashamed of crying, everytime she broke down in tears she would hide her face in her hands, I remember the first time I approached her was when she was standing next to me in prayer and she started lightly sobbing, I turned around to hug her, I hugged her and she never removed her hands from her face, when I broke the hug I tried gently removing her hands from her face, but she resisted, so I didn't insist, then I caressed the outer part of her face.
Next time she cried in my presence, I went to hold her shoulders as her crying rose in intensity, I placed a hand on her back, feeling it tremble with sobs and my other hand went to her face, even though she had her hands still shielding her face, I managed to wipe a tear from the outer corner of her eye, I guess she felt it too, as she went in for the hug, she removed her hands from her face and hugged me with both arms, I corresponded by keeping my hand in her back and caressing her hair with the other one, I was embracing her as she sobbed into my shirt. When the hug broke, I briefly saw her tear streaked cheeks and without hesitating I cupped her face with my thumbs and gently wiped her tears from below her eyes to the outer corner, clearing all remaining tears and streaks left.
Sorry for long post, next time she cried in front of me, she looked for me to hug her and wipe her tears.

The point is, I noticed you liked what your mom did to comfort you, so you expect and would like that to happen again, I think if you gave yourself the opportunity to allow your tears to fall in front of a close friend or a relative, you might like the feeling of having your tears wiped and maybe even expect it next time you cried.

I don't know, based on the experience that Steph felt ashamed crying in front of other people and ended searching for my hands to wipe her tears. She even told me she loved my hugs.

It's definitely possible that I might like having my tears wiped. In fact, one of the things I look forward to the most about getting married one day is having someone to comfort me when I'm crying. A part of me yearns for that connection.

As things are right now, I'm slowly getting better at letting the right people in rather than pushing them away. It's difficult, but I've learned that when you share those emotions with someone you're close to, it brings the two of you even closer. And besides that, crying alone just sucks, lol.

Still, by the clock's revolution each hour,
I dissolve into tears about ev'ry half hour.

June 4, 2020 3:58 pm  #17

azutid wrote:

It's definitely possible that I might like having my tears wiped. In fact, one of the things I look forward to the most about getting married one day is having someone to comfort me when I'm crying. A part of me yearns for that connection.

As things are right now, I'm slowly getting better at letting the right people in rather than pushing them away. It's difficult, but I've learned that when you share those emotions with someone you're close to, it brings the two of you even closer. And besides that, crying alone just sucks, lol.

I have noticed in the last couple of years that people who have a significant other or a friend to lean on, have a better way of handling life, I have a friend who has become closer to my wife and I in the last year, she has a few health conditions that have her emotions like a roller coaster, but since she relies on me or my wife, I have noticed her better, even her doctor says she has improved. I have been there for her lots of times, and I feel honored and a bit surprised, because she hugs me and leans her face on my hands when I am wiping her tears. The strange thing is that she married a couple of years ago (I met her and her then boyfriend before they married) yet, she looks for me to hold her when I cry.
And yes, crying alone sucks

Last edited by Amans lacrimae (June 4, 2020 3:58 pm)

June 5, 2020 1:50 pm  #18

Cryophilia wrote:

1. How often do you cry?
Very often unfortunately lol.

2. When it comes to crying yourself, how would you like to be comforted?
Only someone I'm in a relationship with is allowed to comfort me. I'd want him to first pull me onto his lap and wrap his arms around me and kiss my cheek. Then I'd want him to hold my head against his shoulder/neck/chest, and lean his head on mine and hold me so tight against him that I almost can't breathe. I'd want him to slowly rub his hands up and down my back, to rub his thumbs in circles against my skin. I'd want him to pull back every now and then and wipe my tears and kiss my eyes and tears and lips, and then pull me back into a hug. For the most part I'd want silence but every once in a while I'd want him to say things like "it's ok," "i'm here," "i've got you." I'd want him to keep holding me even after I've stopped crying. Then I'd want him to ask me if I'm ok and kiss me deeply when he lets go.

3. And how would you comfort the sex of your preference?
I'm into males (since I'm a female) so I'd kiss his tears and lay my head on his shoulder, and rub his shoulders. Or I'd pull him to lay on me and lay my head on his and just hold him. I feel like most guys don't want anything said so I'd just be there with him in silence. It speaks louder than words.
5. What's your favourite type of crying to witness? By this I mean the way someone cries.
I like a guy who will cry openly and deeply. I prefer criers who don't make a lot of expressions; the "ugly cries" and lip curls turn me off lol. Silent or breathy sobs are my favorite, but if a guy does audibly sob I prefer low/soft and slow sobs rather than high or fast or loud sobs. I like a lot of tears and I prefer him not to cover his face. I want to be able to see or feel his stomach convulse and his shoulders shake and his trembling lips. There's also something about the hands, I want to see his hands tremble too, strangely. I like a guy who will accept comfort and who will lean into my hugs. I want him to be willing to look into my eyes and let me see the tears in his eyes without being self-conscious.

6. What is the most beautiful experience of these that you have?
My favorite is the one I already posted a few days ago (https://cryinglovers.boardhost.com/viewtopic_mobile.php?id=2214), and my other favorite is a self-obs with an ex that I will post in the future.

1. I love sensitive girls, I hope the reasons why you cry so often are not serious (bad things).
2. You just describe how I usually comfort my wife, I usually comfort female friends too, but I don't kiss their tears, I have that gesture reserved for my wife.
3. You would be surprised how many of us (guys) love having our tears wiped or kissed, we just don't express it.
5. If you manage to find a guy who sheds a lot of tears, lucky you, in my experience many guys seldom wipe many tears, usual crying for a guy is with a few tears every now and then (at least I am not a very tearful crier), so, enjoy wiping tears if you have the opportunity, don't worry, he won't stop crying if you do.
6. That was a beautiful obs, eagerly waiting for your self obs, I will anticipate it will be stunningly beautiful.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Board footera