You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 16, 2012 1:48 pm  #1

Ideas on how to promote this site?

I'm looking for suggestions to promote this site among the fetish community, without giving it too much exposure to the "ordinary" public. I've already put up links in several sites/boards. It's also in the boardhost listings. I've often thought about a bit of vandalism: putting up the web link on bathroom walls. Although I don't want to attract any major weirdos (yes, I know that's ironic).  Anyone have any other sites or suggestions? 

TN

Last edited by TorNorth (May 16, 2012 11:21 pm)

Ugly crying is pretty crying

May 16, 2012 5:08 pm  #2

Re: Ideas on how to promote this site?

Go to libraries and bookstores and leave a classy-ass business card in every copy of this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Crying-Natural-Cultural-History-Tears/dp/0393321037/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337188058&sr=8-1

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

May 16, 2012 7:24 pm  #3

May 17, 2012 9:59 pm  #4

Wish I had some suggestions.  I am interested to learn that you've already put up links on several sites, though.

May 18, 2012 7:55 pm  #5

Yeah, I think advertising in other fetish communities is our best bet.

May 19, 2012 11:19 pm  #6

seriously:  I would consider to tag this page in different languages!

There are up to 6500 different languages on the planet and not everybody who has the fetish may search for the right english words...

(+ possibly even when they might understand english)

Last edited by BadCr (May 19, 2012 11:25 pm)

May 19, 2012 11:26 pm  #7

Not a bad idea, BadCr!

May 20, 2012 12:17 am  #8

Might be a risk, since Youtube commenters are the worst people in the world, but we could post a link on some relevant youtube videos. Obviously not emotional vlogs or anything with real people who could be upset by it, but more along the lines of "best male crying scenes" and stuff like that.

May 20, 2012 9:41 am  #9

You make a good point meantangerine it's not only about getting the word out that this forum exists it's also getting the right type of people.

I feel really good that although fairly small this community is pretty much self moderating - which looking at other forums is rare.
We would need to ensure that in increasing the membership we don't buy ourselves a whole lot of trouble.

I agree we should look to target like sites (perhaps a couple of key youtube videos) and the languages idea is good one - I can add a few into the metatags in the home page.
Something tells me this type of fetish could be big in Japan - I take it no one speaks Japanese?

Can't think of anything else at the moment that's not wide ranging blanket coverage - that might bring trolls and other undesirables.

May 20, 2012 5:08 pm  #10

tearhunter wrote:

Something tells me this type of fetish could be big in Japan - I take it no one speaks Japanese?

I speak Japanese, somewhat.  I'm not fluent, but have been learning the language for about seven years.

Board footera